TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, read the OP lol
I assume your Wii U is <5.3.2?

Damn, that's nice. I don't really have a Wii U :P but this is pretty cool.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you have a system below FW 5.5 you can use the browser kernel exploit to run homebrew (like caffiine). If you have FW 5.3.2 you can load loadiine which can launch game backups.

is there a limitation to which games work for now?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the folder given in the OP with all the up to date files. and I have mongoose running and the directory is set to that folders root ( the folder I downloaded I just unzipped it and set that as the root directory for mongoose). when I go to "http://IP:port" on my WiiU browser it just hangs while loading but then eventually comes back with an error everytime. (Error code:112-1007) Am i not doing something right (should i change the directory for mongoose). Ive restarted my WiiU and mongoose and My PC several times already still the same result.

this is what I have done so far to my WiiU 5.3.2U:
Mac Address Blocked
TubeHAX DNS

I'm just now trying to see if I can get the kernal exploit to run.

any help is appreciated.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the folder given in the OP with all the up to date files. and I have mongoose running and the directory is set to that folders root ( the folder I downloaded I just unzipped it and set that as the root directory for mongoose). when I go to "http://IP:port" on my WiiU browser it just hangs while loading but then eventually comes back with an error everytime. (Error code:112-1007) Am i not doing something right (should i change the directory for mongoose). Ive restarted my WiiU and mongoose and My PC several times already still the same result.

this is what I have done so far to my WiiU 5.3.2U:
Mac Address Blocked
TubeHAX DNS

I'm just now trying to see if I can get the kernal exploit to run.

any help is appreciated.
I think by blocking the WiiU's MAC you are not allowing it to load the page.

Reactions: [^Blark^]

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think by blocking the WiiU's MAC you are not allowing it to load the page.

That's what I was thinking myself but then reading the OP it says that by blocking the Mac Address I should still be able to access local hosted files. so I thought I am just doing something wrong.

I'm afraid to unblock the Mac address... it almost downloaded an updaten yesterday even though I had Tubehax DNS+URL's blocked

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I was thinking myself but then reading the OP it says that by blocking the Mac Address I should still be able to access local hosted files. so I thought I am just doing something wrong.

I'm afraid to unblock the Mac address... it almost downloaded an updaten yesterday even though I had Tubehax DNS+URL's blocked
You can definitely block MAC address and still self-host files. That's what I'm currently doing.

You are going to an actual IP and Port and not http://IP:port right? lmao. Right click on Mongoose on your PC and click "Go to my address" .. does that load anything?

Last edited by fiveighteen,

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can definitely block MAC address and still self-host files. That's what I'm currently doing.

You are going to an actual IP and Port and not http://IP:port right? lmao. Right click on Mongoose on your PC and click "Go to my address" .. does that load anything?

xD yes I am using a real ip ex. 192.xxx.x.xx:xxxx (just didnt want to include my info.) when I click on go to my address it shows the BGpic of mario and the colored boxes etc so I think its working I just cant view this on my WiiU browser. if i try google.com it says i cant because this device is blocked by router. but going to the ip gives me the error code 112-1007 so I know its not blocking access to local host just something else and I cant figure it out...

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xD yes I am using a real ip ex. 192.xxx.x.xx:xxxx (just didnt want to include my info.) when I click on go to my address it shows the BGpic of mario and the colored boxes etc so I think its working I just cant view this on my WiiU browser. if i try google.com it says i cant because this device is blocked by router. but going to the ip gives me the error code 112-1007 so I know its not blocking access to local host just something else and I cant figure it out...
It's just a local IP, nobody else can get to it. If you go to 192.168.1.239:8080 you certainly won't see my PC :P

Yeah Google of course won't load, but it should still load things through your local network. Does it say anything with that error code? Nintendo just shows it as generic error. Try unplugging your router for 15 seconds and trying it again.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere if i get an 112-1007 it may be a firewall issue I set it to allow mongoose but maybe Ill try disabling the firewall entirely and then trying. I also had avast on but already disabled incase that might have been blocking and tried with no luck. so next I'll disable firewall and see...then avast+firewall if it still doesn't load I give up for today. I'll

nothing in text about the error just says

error code 112 1007
couldnt load the page

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere if i get an 112-1007 it may be a firewall issue I set it to allow mongoose but maybe Ill try disabling the firewall entirely and then trying. I also had avast on but already disabled incase that might have been blocking and tried with no luck. so next I'll disable firewall and see...then avast+firewall if it still doesn't load I give up for today. I'll

nothing in text about the error just says

error code 112 1007
couldnt load the page
Hmm...

I found this thread that had people dealing with the same error.

Try:
A) Go into Control Panel -> Windows Firewall, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall", scroll to the bottom of the list to "mongoose-free-5.6", and tick both the Private and Public box. Press ok, and try accessing your server from your Wii U again.
B) Go into Control Panel -> Windows Firewall, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall", scroll to the bottom of the list to "World Wide Web Services (HTTP)", and tick the Private box. Press ok, and try accessing your server from your Wii U again.
C) Renew your IP address (guide here)
D) Use XAMPP or WAMP instead of Mongoose

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It doesn't work for me, not exactly sure why not though.

I Fixed my issue:
By unblocking my WiiU mac address I was able to run the exploit and I pressed A for original exploit and it took me to the Home screen.
(havent tried any homebrew yet though. baby steps)

I went ahead and reblocked my Mac adress after powering off my WiiU so I can sleep without worrying but idk why I cant access my local Host when the Mac is blocked.
might there be a setting I could change inside my routers url? When it comes to networks I know nothing...

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work for me, not exactly sure why not though.

I Fixed my issue:
By unblocking my WiiU mac address I was able to run the exploit and I pressed A for original exploit and it took me to the Home screen.
(havent tried any homebrew yet though. baby steps)

I went ahead and reblocked my Mac adress after powering off my WiiU so I can sleep without worrying but idk why I cant access my local Host when the Mac is blocked.
might there be a setting I could change inside my routers url? When it comes to networks I know nothing...
That's really odd. I have no idea as each router manufacturer has different settings. Mine is ASUS and it works fine with the MAC address blocked. :\ But on the bright side, you should be fine with TubeHax and you can now use hacks :yay:

Reactions: [^Blark^]

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh-oh

I just had an update successfully download even though I have Auto obtain DNS set to "do not" I have the correct Tubehax DNS. I freaked powered off Wiiu hoping it wouldnt ask to update. turned it back on and it said its ready to update. I powered off again and this time nothing no message saying an update is about to be applied. but also it doesnt try grabbing the update and failing to download anymore so i think its stored somewhere and sooner or later ill be updated?

im still on 5.3.2 as of now but I hope I didnt f*** myself

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clicking it shows 404 not found

am I doing something wrong?

FIXED: sorry Im a nub.

the folder was named "update deleter" instead of "delete update"
That one is my bad :P But the fact that you're the first one to bring it up means not many people use it haha.

I really don't understand why your Wii U doesn't like URL blocking or TubeHax, and won't let you through with MAC address blocking. Like it's completely backwards :huh:

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't understand why your Wii U doesn't like URL blocking or TubeHax, and won't let you through with MAC address blocking. Like it's completely backwards

IDk all I can think of is this...

I first setup an internet connect and it started to download the recent update ( my wii u hasn't been connected to isp in long time)
but before it could finish I changed the DNS. so it stopped the update ( thankfully it did or else maybe it wouldnt have happened like it did)
when I recently unblocked the MAC it must have gave internet access and it tried contacting the update servers or just looked like it. it could've just been a glitch since the average user isn't going to try blocking updates and if an update was in progress and it keeps trying to contact those servers but cant it may result in what I was experiencing .

so what I think is it had that corrupt download file in memory that it would always try to grab and continue to download which it couldn't
possibly since I had a partial update going/corrupt it made it look like DNS/url blocking wasnt working.

as of now I have MAc unblocked... I can reset my WiiU multiple times run the exploit page and run update deleter etc... it never asks me to update and also it doesnt say some files failed to download there is nothing trying to be downloaded now.

So hopefully it was all just a glitch or something and infact the DNs/URL filter is actually working...

Idk why it would say the system is about to be updated and the only option was to hit "ok" but by powering off my system I bypassed it and i was still able to access the WiiU menu. which if there was an update being forced a hard reset shouldnt stop it. or maybe it would IDk how this system works. lol

Well all I care is that im still on 5.3.2U with kernel access and my localhost is working like it should with MAC UNblocked if it changes Ill be sure to post haha.

thanks again everyone :grog:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night