• Replies 1,671

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Yesterday was reading an article in qj.net about Atlus telling how tedious the translation process is, but they have big teams and lot of money. If this takes more than a year or so, I'll wait for a good game.

idlehands

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I'm really thankful to the team for translating this at all.. At this point, I don't even care about the release date. Of course we all look forward to it and would love it ASAP, and we'd get antsy and disappointed... but we gotta remember these guys are doing all of us Tales community a huge favour, and that should be the most important thing.

I'll bet even the team is desperate to get the project eleased, but they just don't want to rush it. (I'm sorry if I'm assuming too much)... TBH, I actually appreciate them taking the time to finish it. That means they respect the quality of their work, and we all know those who take pride in their work could create impressive things.

So again, thank you all, and please go at it at your own pace.
smile.gif

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
meh the ds doesn't have that many good release anyway(us) this month and next month anyway, that's why there's psp disgaea 2, dissidia and all that stuff so yeah i can wait for a year or more

NextStep

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
throughhim413 said:
Dark_linis said:
Not to sound like a dick but why get so upset over people's comments?
This wasn't really about me being upset about people's comments. I guess it does kind of sound like that when I re-read it though... In any case, I just wanted to make it clear that the summer release wasn't going to happen so that people weren't waiting in vain. Very few comments actually bother me, it's only when the same things keep coming up that it gets to me. I wanted to deal with the issue of the release date before it really became a problem.

yea, people are gonna repeat basically the same post over and over again (good or bad).

bad: why so long? please hurry.

good: he's doing it for free. don't rush it, take your time.

me of course, going with the good
smile.gif

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
pioquinto111 said:
helloooooo..... why isn't anyone replying to this... and please update this topic..
I'd love to show my support, as I've been waiting since this thread was page 2...

But apparently telling someone "Good luck", "I can't wait" and "thank you" is illegal.

In the past on another account I've had 4 "supportive" type comments, and all were removed by dick moderators because they though the post was unnecessary or didn't belong :/

So thanks to whoever was responsible, I now subconsciously think that all GBATemp moderators are Rule Hungry Nazi Dicks.

So It would be pretty ironic if this particular post wasn't removed.
blink.gif

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Njrg said:
But apparently telling someone "Good luck", "I can't wait" and "thank you" is illegal.

It isn't but saying when is it gonna be out, give us more info, how long will it take, can you give us a preview, where's the patch, or other nooby, inconsiderate posts are allowed. Saying, "good luck" is.

This is the kind of stuff that accumulates on translation threads.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
Njrg said:

It isn't but saying when is it gonna be out, give us more info, how long will it take, can you give us a preview, where's the patch, or other nooby, inconsiderate posts are allowed. Saying, "good luck" is.

I know... I've visited this thread along with the others like 200 times more than the amount I post in them. I think I've clicked the Kingdom Hearts translate like 40 times and I don't even care about a menu translation.

But I wasn't being n00by when I was giving positive commentary. I truely believe one of the moderators was on his period or something. >:/

killeryunran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pioquinto111 said:
helloooooo..... why isn't anyone replying to this... and please update this topic..

QUOTE said:
By throughhim413 • July 29, 2009
I don’t want anyone saying I wasn’t up front about things.

Pushing this patch out by the end of summer would be rushing it too much. Don’t bother asking about it. I have learned my lesson – giving people a date only gives them an excuse to whine about it. It was stupid of me to provide a date, and that’s why I won’t be providing one any more. So the new release date is going to be everyone’s favorite “it’ll be done when it’s done”. If you are willing to wait and want to continue to follow the project, awesome. If you have lost all faith in me, feel free to leave. I will not ask you to stay. We’ve been working on this project for one year and still people complain about how long it has taken. Many projects have taken much longer. It’s ridiculous that people are unable to wait even that long for something that costs them nothing. All you have to do is sit there. That is all I’m asking anyone to do.

Just because I’m not telling anyone my intended release date doesn’t mean that the pace of the project will change, it just means that it’s no longer public information. My eyes remain focused on the quality of the project. The goal is in sight, but I’m not going to sacrifice my standards for speed. When the day comes to release the patch, I will be able to proudly present it to everyone. Until then, I thank you for your patience.

That's why nobody is replying. So that we can give our translator's enough time without disturbing them to much.

Njrg said:
KingdomBlade said:
QUOTE(Njrg @ Sep 1 2009, 07:09 PM)

I know... I've visited this thread along with the others like 200 times more than the amount I post in them. I think I've clicked the Kingdom Hearts translate like 40 times and I don't even care about a menu translation.

But I wasn't being n00by when I was giving positive commentary. I truely believe one of the moderators was on his period or something. >:/

Can you underline the little piece of: I truly believe one of the moderators was on his period or something...since when do men get
their period
blink.gif

You better watch what you say tho. Maybe this will also get deleted
hate2.gif

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:
pioquinto111 said:
I'd love to show my support, as I've been waiting since this thread was page 2...

In the past on another account I've had 4 "supportive" type comments, and all were removed by dick moderators because they though the post was unnecessary or didn't belong :/

So thanks to whoever was responsible, I now subconsciously think that all GBATemp moderators are Rule Hungry Nazi Dicks.

So It would be pretty ironic if this particular post wasn't removed.
blink.gif

Well you do realize how annoying that is when 10-20 or more people post the same thing,for example if you were to take those good luck post and the ones that keep asking when the translation is gone to be done this thread would most likly be 5 pages or less and not the 40 pages it is now.....

kaizen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i read this topic all the 40 pages...

Project Information

* Menu Translation: 100%
* Menu Editing: 90%
* Event Translation: 100%
* Event Editing: 40%
* Skit Translation: 25%
* Skit Editing: 25%
* Summary Translation: 100%
* Summary Editing: 100%
* NPC Translation: 100%
* NPC Editing: 100%
* Audio Subtitles: 100%
* Hacking: 90%
it's good i hope after this they update more NDS games....

godspeed

killeryunran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
clegion said:
miss_DSlite said:
huh i wish people stop bumping this thread i keep thinking they already announce the game is 100% finish !
i had the same problem now i have the solution, just look at the newest poster, if it isn't the translator....... fuck it

The problem with that is that maybe you aren't the first viewer. And some other people already have seen that it is 100%.
They would than spam the topic with: THANK YOU, I love you so much and all that crap(whereas they first spammed it with:
Why is it taking so long and all that crap...)
And then, because you only looked at the author's name. You wouldn't realize that it's 100%

But, I do get the problem...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Might have some lidelle fanart as later profile pictures