• Replies 781
  • Likes 32

Nuah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "Enable Mariko CPU Undervolt" option has been removed from the "Erista" tab in the configurator. Might I suggest adding it back to the "Erista" tab, or adding an Erista-specific CPU undervolt option? I have been using that option on my Erista. I built sysclk with the info page fixed before 1.7.0 released and I verified CPU voltage was regularly dropping to 0.600mV when load was low. Surprisingly it was stable in TOTK.

It would be great to see an option to edit the CPU voltage table, as you now can with the GPU table.

Side question: what is the intended use of "Erista CPU Max Voltage in mV"? I have never seen the CPU voltage rise above 950mV, even during boost.

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
The "Enable Mariko CPU Undervolt" option has been removed from the "Erista" tab in the configurator. Might I suggest adding it back to the "Erista" tab, or adding an Erista-specific CPU undervolt option? I have been using that option on my Erista. I built sysclk with the info page fixed before 1.7.0 released and I verified CPU voltage was regularly dropping to 0.600mV when load was low. Surprisingly it was stable in TOTK.

It would be great to see an option to edit the CPU voltage table, as you now can with the GPU table.

Side question: what is the intended use of "Erista CPU Max Voltage in mV"? I have never seen the CPU voltage rise above 950mV, even during boost.
it does nothing for erista. it even says "Mariko CPU". try lowering cpu max voltage if you want to save power, but this might also drop some performance if voltage is too low

erista is not as efficient as mariko and some options are not available for it

Nuah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it does nothing for erista. it even says "Mariko CPU". try lowering cpu max voltage if you want to save power, but this might also drop some performance if voltage is too low
Yes, I just double checked with the default v1.6.3 loader.kip and I see the CPU voltage drops to 0.606mV. My apologies for the confusion. So that option was doing nothing. However, since updating to v1.7.0 loader.kip the CPU voltage does not drop below 0.906mV. I am just idling on the home screen to test. Is this the intended behavior?

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Yes, I just double checked with the default v1.6.3 loader.kip and I see the CPU voltage drops to 0.606mV. My apologies for the confusion. So that option was doing nothing. However, since updating to v1.7.0 loader.kip the CPU voltage does not drop below 0.906mV. I am just idling on the home screen to test. Is this the intended behavior?
yeah cpu max volt for erista was fixed.

Nuah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah cpu max volt for erista was fixed.
Thanks for the clarification. Now that I have played with it some more I notice it is still dropping down to 0.6mV sometimes. Last question - can the custom GPU voltage table be enabled for Erista (the table shows up on the Erista page in the configurator but not the option to enable it)? Constantly running at 1000mV seems wasteful in handheld mode.

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Thanks for the clarification. Now that I have played with it some more I notice it is still dropping down to 0.6mV sometimes. Last question - can the custom GPU voltage table be enabled for Erista (the table shows up on the Erista page in the configurator but not the option to enable it)? Constantly running at 1000mV seems wasteful in handheld mode.
device can lie so don't trust the voltage readings.
no mariko only

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
In theory wouldn't that also help mitigate problems people have at even lower that 2400-2500 mem clocks?
yes, but if you don't get graphical glitches, you don't need to raise min gpu volt. because more volt is more power draw

and to raise gpu voltage, we have to use static gpu volt. while by default dvfs algorithm is used and gpu voltage automatically adjusted according to load/speedo/temp. so no need to touch gpu voltage unless you need

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
@meha Is it possible you introduce colours to the overlay in a future update?Or does that have to do with Tesla/can't be done on your end? Different text colour would be awesome.

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
@meha Is it possible you introduce colours to the overlay in a future update?Or does that have to do with Tesla/can't be done on your end? Different text colour would be awesome.
different colors on which part may i ask? or are you asking something about color theme
well making a ini configurable text color wouldn't be too hard, but i'm not focusted on sth that is not related to performance. but i will maybe do it if i'm free

Reactions: AlicatFit

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
different colors on which part may i ask? or are you asking something about color theme
well making a ini configurable text color wouldn't be too hard, but i'm not focusted on sth that is not related to performance. but i will maybe do it if i'm free
Red text color as the main color for oc suite would be rad😁Thanks for the work anyways.

Azuuuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Does the overlay layer in version 1.7.0 still use version 1.6.3? I noticed that it hasn't been upgraded to 1.7.0.

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Does the overlay layer in version 1.7.0 still use version 1.6.3? I noticed that it hasn't been upgraded to 1.7.0.
yeah it's problem with my VM so sometimes would not compile properly.
but sysmodules had no changes so 1.6.3 doesnt cause problems

Reactions: Azuuuma

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
@meha Just looking for your opinion on the following>Got to a point where at high memory clocks the only way to remove in game artefacting was to up the Vdd2 at 1250mV which is the max value in the configurator.Would 1250mV on Micron be relatively safe?Thanks.

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
@meha Just looking for your opinion on the following>Got to a point where at high memory clocks the only way to remove in game artefacting was to up the Vdd2 at 1250mV which is the max value in the configurator.Would 1250mV on Micron be relatively safe?Thanks.
i can't say safe or not. i can only say official lpddr4x volt range is up to 1175. (absolute max is 1.4 or 1.5 can't remember)
btw reason why oc suite needs high volt is because oc suite ram timing adjustment is not proper. but i'm figuring things out so hopefully it gets better

triv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Would it be possible to unlock higher GPU frequencies on handheld mode?

There was this fork of sys-clk that allowed it even when not plugged in the official charger.

I understand now that maxing both CPU and GPU freqs are bad (thanks to the GitHub readme). But I want to try something with Fire Emblem Engage with 60 fps patch on handheld mode.

So far, just by changing the GPU to 460 and the MEM to 18xx, I already hit 50fps. Changing CPU freq doesn't do anything at this point so I keep it at default. But I was wondering if I can set the GPU to 768 maybe I can hit that sweet 60?

Maybe a flag in the config to allow higher GPU clocks even on handheld?

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Would it be possible to unlock higher GPU frequencies on handheld mode?

There was this fork of sys-clk that allowed it even when not plugged in the official charger.

I understand now that maxing both CPU and GPU freqs are bad (thanks to the GitHub readme). But I want to try something with Fire Emblem Engage with 60 fps patch on handheld mode.

So far, just by changing the GPU to 460 and the MEM to 18xx, I already hit 50fps. Changing CPU freq doesn't do anything at this point so I keep it at default. But I was wondering if I can set the GPU to 768 maybe I can hit that sweet 60?

Maybe a flag in the config to allow higher GPU clocks even on handheld?
no i will never remove such limits. limits are there for a reason.
it's open source so you can always remove limit yourself if you need

Last edited by meha,
Reactions: triv

triv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
no i will never remove such limits. limits are there for a reason.
it's open source so you can always remove limit yourself if you need

I understand. Really appreciate your contributions to the community. I hope I didn't sound demanding when I asked for it. English isn't my first language. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy