Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What which part of the system can detect and see is absolutely relevant, because nintendo can't ban people for something, if they don't receive the info that its happening.
So lets take your example with the fuses, in theory they can detect it, because we know the boot loader checks it, but has any system module access to the fuses?
If I remember it correctly, mostly the bootloader and trustzone use the fuses directly, while the rest doesn't use them directly. So if I'm correct, then one of the components we know 100% what it does handles this, and we know for certain that its not send to Nintendo.
So there is a big difference between things the console can actually detect, and what Nintendo can detect about you as a company with its current firmware.
About people playing backups, I actually mentioned before, that they don't need to directly lead to a quick ban, as long as you are not connecting to the online services for usage with the game. I even used game XCIs via emulation in SXOS in the past, but always offline, and pretty much only to play games I preordered early. One of the switch consoles from my family even had a game NSP installed in the past and is still going online. That's why I said they can lead to a ban, in case ticket data gets send. One of the cases where ticket info is send, is during moments where the game connects to online servers, but its possible that there are other triggers where tickets might be synchronized. Its also easy to accidentally connect online in a game if people use a mixed nand, which is a big potential error source thats mitigated via emunand for people using backups.

The questionaire being limtied to yes and no questions helps a bit with the answers the users can answer, but it also has the potential, that smaller but important things are still not reported by the users, because they are not in it.
For example if somethings like tinfoil installed itself, the user would not put it in as them installeing NSPs. Even just installing their self dumped XCIs, or for some installing NSZ (or what it was) files can lead to the users reporting this as no, since they might not understand that its all the same. So the user will still only report it based on their level of knowledge, which is to be expected, but limits the ability of this data telling us that just CFW is problematic. It can tell us on the other side that some specific thigns might be problematic through, especially when combined with analysis of the system.
And Your point about lying only is importent if we expect the user to lie, but I never said they intentionally lie, I said that some answers might be wrong because of their lack of knowledge in some areas, which is not lying.
Also when a user is unsure about something, even just the way a question is asked can lead to different answer, which is why an eyewitness might sometimes report wrong info.

And about the ban proof, its easy to use sysdvr to proof I'm currently online in CFW and can go online in a game by just streaming it and using tesla overlays.
For the past on the other side, the evidence is not 100% water tight, since I might regularly use different switches, but its more likely I'm telling the truth as you mentioned.
For example based on the Fuse count and system error log I can also give good evidence about the likely timeframe in which I already use CFW, and that I never did a normal stock bootloader boot since then.
Also the newest entry in the error History under Settigns->Error History is a 2124-3001 from march 2020, before that there where regularly new entries, and not a single one after it.
Based on the play history its also possible to at least give move evidence that I used a switch a lot since then. I also have a public playlist with unlisted streams of splatoon from after the last error log, that where made using sysdvr, and probably also some local recordings, with some recordings probably also showing the FPS counter or somethings else from tesla.
I mean many, and I mean many, people were banned when they used .XCI files explicitly offline but updated them online while not even being in SX OS. In fact, these so called believers thought it was safe because there was no way supposedly for Nintendo to tell the difference between an offline .XCI file and a cart that you borrowed from your friend one time. But they were also proven wrong once they were all banned and nearly all around the same time too. Some of those users were doing this practice for upwards of an entire year. So its not really a matter of how but a matter of when.

Whether the questionnaire is faulty or not again is all stemming from your opinion and not objective fact. If there was such an incidence of a user misreporting something or misunderstanding something, then you might have some ground to stand on. But your viewpoint is based entirely on conjecture. Also, it was not as if I transcribed everyone's answers without proofreading them. There have been some times when people reported conflicting answers that don't make sense but I either corrected them based on the existing info or consulted them for clarification. And while the Google Doc answers aren't viewable to the public, the ones in the thread certainly are so if there's any doubts about people's answers, anyone can read them.

Lastly, as I stated, you streaming that you are not banned only proves that you are not banned in the moment for whatever you are doing at that time. It doesn't prove any of the actions you may have taken previously. That doesn't even prove your friends and family are safe for the same reasons. If you want to prove without a shadow of a doubt that everything you say you did is safe, then you would have to perform them all in the same livestream. But can you or them even remember every single little action you have ever taken? Of course not, that isn't practical. Heck if I were to play devil's advocate at your level of mistrust, I can go so far to claim that you swapped out certificates or motherboards. The point is progress isn't made by doubting everything you see, especially if its based on an opinion. The issues with exFAT, AutoRCM, and patched units all started with similar user submitted reports that were found to be conclusive. So rather than try to dismantle years of work and the effort of hundreds of users, try to let go of your bias and establish a new conclusion for the evidence presented before you.
hello i got i small question i opent my cfw sysmmc and downloaded a pirate game
is there a way to restore your sysNAND with a back up i did right after i modded my switch (clean sysNAND)
to avoid a ban (i havent connected tho the internet yet)

sorry fore my English

this is the back up i have i hope i can save my switch
View attachment 443644
Place all of those files onto your SD card and restore them via Hekate.
How do I uninstall unwanted games updates and or DLC? But keep previous updates and base game?
Post automatically merged:

from I updated my firmware CFW auto boots now when I inject payload
how do I boot hekate?
I supposed you can use DBI to uninstall specific game updates/DLC while retaining other updates and the base game. To load Hekate when auto boot is enabled, hold volume - when you send the Hekate payload. If you want to avoid auto boot entirely, go into your hekate_ipl.ini file and change the autoboot setting to 0.

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Manually updating is basically copying files to the SD card. You would download the latest versions of everything on your computer (usually zip files) then unzip to the root of your SD card. Do it in the same order that @RedColoredStars suggested. The final step would be to update the HOS firmware itself, to 18.1.0. You will do that with the Daybreak homebrew, already installed with Atmosphere.

Thanks for your reply.

Would you say doing it manually is better than doing it automatically? I don't even know which program (i.e. Atmosphere?) to run to upgrade the firmware, etc.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
after the last update tinfoil stop working does anybody have the latest sys-patch 1.5.2 ?
You can download it from here.

Would you say doing it manually is better than doing it automatically? I don't even know which program (i.e. Atmosphere?) to run to upgrade the firmware, etc.
Most of us are updating our setups manually, which gives us more control over what gets updated and what not. I've made a short guide here.

rsx

USA Modchip Installer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to be missing something somewhere. Did you update your theme app and tinfoil? Is the theme iyself compatible? I dunno. Maybe someone else has some ideas.
Nxthemesinstaller doesn't have 8.1 support. Not that I know of. Last update was for 8.0, I dumped the system menu and tried to reinstall but kept giving me a bsod until i deleted the folder.

Tinfoil stopped working too. I'm staying on 8.0.1 until the dust settles.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mean many, and I mean many, people were banned when they used .XCI files explicitly offline but updated them online while not even being in SX OS. In fact, these so called believers thought it was safe because there was no way supposedly for Nintendo to tell the difference between an offline .XCI file and a cart that you borrowed from your friend one time. But they were also proven wrong once they were all banned and nearly all around the same time too. Some of those users were doing this practice for upwards of an entire year. So its not really a matter of how but a matter of when.

Whether the questionnaire is faulty or not again is all stemming from your opinion and not objective fact. If there was such an incidence of a user misreporting something or misunderstanding something, then you might have some ground to stand on. But your viewpoint is based entirely on conjecture. Also, it was not as if I transcribed everyone's answers without proofreading them. There have been some times when people reported conflicting answers that don't make sense but I either corrected them based on the existing info or consulted them for clarification. And while the Google Doc answers aren't viewable to the public, the ones in the thread certainly are so if there's any doubts about people's answers, anyone can read them.

Lastly, as I stated, you streaming that you are not banned only proves that you are not banned in the moment for whatever you are doing at that time. It doesn't prove any of the actions you may have taken previously. That doesn't even prove your friends and family are safe for the same reasons. If you want to prove without a shadow of a doubt that everything you say you did is safe, then you would have to perform them all in the same livestream. But can you or them even remember every single little action you have ever taken? Of course not, that isn't practical. Heck if I were to play devil's advocate at your level of mistrust, I can go so far to claim that you swapped out certificates or motherboards. The point is progress isn't made by doubting everything you see, especially if its based on an opinion. The issues with exFAT, AutoRCM, and patched units all started with similar user submitted reports that were found to be conclusive. So rather than try to dismantle years of work and the effort of hundreds of users, try to let go of your bias and establish a new conclusion for the evidence presented before you.
I said myself that the past is hard to proof, and that I can only proof the present without a doubt. But still, me regularly switching the motherboard would be pretty expensive and what would the intention be, for me lying about it and wasting so much money for it.

About the xcis, you need to use sxos to do gamecard emulation, and there where some problems with sxos itself, that got probably not handled by most people, making it hard to actually identify whether it was game xcis or something else that banned them.
Main problem I remember is that it didn't include atmosheres creport, and I think at least for a while, it also didn't include fatal, through im unsure about the last part.
This means by default a lot of reports where generated, that can leak Info, that atmosphere didn't leak.
I think there where also some xci homebrew applications/mods, that used non existend titleids, and thus would lead to the same problem as nsp homebrew, logs of easy to identify invalid titles, that where only usable with signature patches.
Wherether xci emulation was actually safe enough or not, or if me buying the games shorty after release of early leaked games changed something, I have no idea. I only know, I never got banned for using them offline a few times this way, or for using my personal backups pre new card authentication online.

And for the questionnaire, I even gave you an explicit example of something the user will likely not understand in the same way, as long as they don't know and understand the intent behind it. Not sure if you worked in a job where you need to handle user reports, but users are often not an expert in the topic, their memory can be faulty and they even less can look into your head, so questions need to be as easy to understand as possible, and leave as little room of misunderstanding as possible. Just asking for a specific file format for example will likely be understood as just this format by many. That's why I often explain it differently in the list of likely unsafe things, where I describe it as installing something to the home menu for example nsp/xci files. This is likely still not foolproof, but likely easier to understand ( at least as long as the user understand what the home menu is, which most here probably do).

Also the difference to things like patched switches and the exfat problems is, that we didn't just left it at user reports, and instead we know why those problems happen on a technical level.
Same for unsafe to do things from the reswitched list, we know which traces are likely left behind, and know when those are send.
This means what reswitched says is mostly not just User reports, instead it's user reports confirmed by technical analysis.
So the data you collected is not completelly useless, but it also means it's not evidence in itself for the more generic stuff, like just using cfw with homebrew, leads to bans or your theory about random bans. User reports give us directions we can investigate deeper, and then verify or deny specific claims on a more technical level.

Reactions: Blythe93

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Last edited by HelloShitty,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.
What options we have to replace joy-con rubbers?
Isn't it possible to replace just the rubbers? Do we have to replace the controller itself by opening the game controller, disconnecting flex cables, unscrewing screws, etc and replacing the whole electronic part like tis show in this video:

Is this ok for a Nintendo Oled?
https://eustore.ifixit.com/products/nintendo-switch-joy-con-joystick?variant=31972550967377

Easiest is to replace the entire joystick like what is shown in the video.

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Easiest is to replace the entire joystick like what is shown in the video.

And the part I selected is suitable for Oled? The description there says Switch Lite. It doesn't mention explcitely Oled, so I am not absolutely sure if I should go for it or if I should find a more specific one for Oled!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the part I selected is suitable for Oled? The description there says Switch Lite. It doesn't mention explcitely Oled, so I am not absolutely sure if I should go for it or if I should find a more specific one for Oled!

Joycon are just joycon, you can take joycon from OLED model and put them with V1/V2 unit.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your reply.

Hmm, well, I just told you that you would use Daybreak to update the firmware, and yet you tell me you don't know which program to run to update the firmware. I suspect you're probably not tech savvy. Nothing wrong with that, but it certainly makes it more challenging for you to do this kind of stuff. Updating manually will always be better, because with the AIO methods, you just don't have any idea what's going on. Stuff gets installed without your knowledge, and if something breaks you don't know where to start to fix it. Follow the guide @Blythe93 suggested above. He did a good job of linking the most important downloads and describing how it's done. If you don't feel confident doing it yourself, ask a family member or a friend who is more tech savvy. But really, it's pretty simple to do. Just take your time.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know about other places selling the items other than iFixit? I'm paying almost the same in shipments as in parts from iFixIt.

Don't know the quality of non OEM one if you buy one that isn't OEM from like ebay or Amazon, the one on ifiixit is OEM. OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer, meaning original parts.

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Don't know the quality of non OEM one if you buy one that isn't OEM from like ebay or Amazon, the one on ifiixit is OEM. OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer, meaning original parts.
yeah, it's not the price of the items that is bugging me. Is the shpping costs!
Post automatically merged:

I end buying these ones in Amazon!
https://www.amazon.es/-/pt/dp/B0BZY6BN7Q

Hope they last, or at least close to the original ones!

Last edited by HelloShitty,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
Nxthemesinstaller doesn't have 8.1 support. Not that I know of. Last update was for 8.0, I dumped the system menu and tried to reinstall but kept giving me a bsod until i deleted the folder.

Tinfoil stopped working too. I'm staying on 8.0.1 until the dust settles.

Like I said, there's something you're missing or doing incorrectly. NXThemeInstaller and Tinfoil both work fine on 8.1.0.

rsx

USA Modchip Installer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an extra sd card I want to use, but not to upgrade or replace my current sd card. Is there a guide to set it up?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm gonna see about rooting my old s8 and use that to run DroidPwn for my 11.00 ps4 lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Are you dual-booting roms or are you going to permanently wipe the old ROM in place of the new?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If so, there are several risks when doing so. You lose the ability to access your banking due to many guards inplace. This also means that some games with anti-piracy measures will close out if it detects a jailbroken phone. But I think you should know this by now.

The ONLY place that I recommend finding jailbreaks is the XDA forums.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just want DroidPwn don't care about other custom roms
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Fair enough. I'm not the one to judge, you do whatever you want with your phone. :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I forgot I had. Aold ZTE axon 7 still goat on sound
    +1
  • 4d1xlaan @ 4d1xlaan:
    to be fair you dont want to be doing banking on an s8 in 2024 anyway
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @4d1xlaan, Least it wasn't a Note 7 for that matter. My money explodes in seconds.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Its not my main phone lmao
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess Odin is a new fancy aio root method looks neat if it works
  • BETA215 @ BETA215:
    Dude, some people over here can get really freaky and... idk, a little bit
    obsessed? Wish blocking existed, but at least the ignore option does lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Its okay they wont jump out your screen and hurt you
  • BETA215 @ BETA215:
    Yeah, you're right on that. It's just, nowadays, the line between something virtual and something physical gets pretty blurry.
  • BETA215 @ BETA215:
    And it isn't like I was even on the politics part of the forum lmao
  • BETA215 @ BETA215:
    But yeah

:unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just send nudes they usually stop talking to me after that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn I forgot the G950U had a locked bootloader they still havent bypassed lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I'll give that a watch later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    lol its very long
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Yeah, I thought so. Maybe after I finished my stream lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, buying any Chinese
    shit phone thats root access already?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yu47m9epZ0