Hacking How i can / Is there tutorial for keeping latest SX OS with firmware 11 and installing Atmosphere without deleting SX OS

Nyyppa123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello!

How i can / Is there tutorial for keeping latest SX OS with firmware 11 and installing Atmosphere without deleting SX OS and is there tutorials how to do this with same sd card and seperate sd cards. There are many tutorials to migrate from SX OS to atmosphere while not keeping SX OS but i want to keep it.

Why do i want to keep it, simple, it has xci load up from usb storage and its very nice and easy to use for people, that arent very good with technology. Other words, i could live without SX OS, but others dont and there is multiple good old games still to boot from usb and its nice library etc.

Is it easier to install Atmosphere to same sd card or seperate and is there nice step by step guide for doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Nyyppa123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks for quick answer! it may be my only option then follow that guide, not sure if my sd card is big enough, If i were to install Atmosphere to different sd card, would i be able to boot SX OS normally, if i just change cards whenever i want use SX OS and whenever i want to use Atmosphere?

Reactions: mikefor20

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for quick answer! it may be my only option then follow that guide, not sure if my sd card is big enough, If i were to install Atmosphere to different sd card, would i be able to boot SX OS normally, if i just change cards whenever i want use SX OS and whenever i want to use Atmosphere?

Just get a larger card like the 1TB, it is not recommend to keep switching SD card, as you can dual boot SX OS and Atmosphere, but you might have to use Argon NX to boot SX OS if Hekate doesn't want to boot and use hekate to boot Atmosphere.

Nyyppa123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks! yeah i just checked and i have 64gb card so i might to go and buy 1tb :lol: btw is there tutorial to how to move SX OS to new sd card :rofl2: sorry im so stupid with these

Nyyppa123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
oh damm i checked 1tb in my country its price 300€ cheapest, what is enough space for both firmwares and like one biggest possible game, since Atmosphere you still have to install games one by one so its whatever or that is what i have heard

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh damm i checked 1tb in my country its price 300€ cheapest, what is enough space for both firmwares and like one biggest possible game, since Atmosphere you still have to install games one by one so its whatever or that is what i have heard

That come down to how much space you want.

Nyyppa123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
hmm i googled biggest switch game is little bit over 50gb, SX OS taking 46gb and i assume that Atmosphere will take about 50gb as well so techincly i would be good with 256gb?

Reactions: mikefor20

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm i googled biggest switch game is little bit over 50gb, SX OS taking 46gb and i assume that Atmosphere will take about 50gb as well so techincly i would be good with 256gb?

It depends on how many games you want to install and how much space you want, as for SX OS you can use XCI mounting from HDD/SSD so you won't need much, but Atmosphere you need to install the game.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
you could use 2 microsd, 1 for sx os emunand 11.0, 1 for atmosphere emunand 16.x
if your sysnand is 11.0 or below

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could use 2 microsd, 1 for sx os emunand 11.0, 1 for atmosphere emunand 16.x
if your sysnand is 11.0 or below
The SD slot is super FRAGILE. That's part of the reason Mauputi and I made that guide how we did. Swapping constantly WILL break it. The slot is a pain to fix,or impossible if the pin breaks on the motherboard. Get as big of a card as you can afford. Use my guide. 32GB is the default size for EmuNANDs. You can shrink it. No reason to expand it. If i were starting over i would.

1.Use the guide to make a atmosphere EmuNAND at full 32 GB. Use Atmosphere for all games 12.0 or higher as well as anything you want to install to the SysNAND.

2.Make a SX EmuNAND(11.x) 32GB if you want. You can shrink it. I made my last one 16GB.

3.Make "SuperXCI" for all 11.x or lower games. And store them on USB. You can even do this for e-shop games.

Profit!

SuperXCI contain the DLC and Updates for the game. The SX EmuNAND will be used only for save files at that point so 16GB should be more than enough and all the game data (XCI,DLC and Updates) can be stored on USB. This shrinks the footprint of SX OS.

Remember, Emunands are not wasted space, anytime you install to the SysNAND while in EmuNAND it actually installs to EmuNAND.

It's in the guide.
Post automatically merged:

@Nyyppa123
No need to keep the old Sxos. Just use Atmosphere with microSD that's big enough.
That's not what he asked for.

Last edited by mikefor20,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello!

How i can / Is there tutorial for keeping latest SX OS with firmware 11 and installing Atmosphere without deleting SX OS and is there tutorials how to do this with same sd card and seperate sd cards. There are many tutorials to migrate from SX OS to atmosphere while not keeping SX OS but i want to keep it.

Why do i want to keep it, simple, it has xci load up from usb storage and its very nice and easy to use for people, that arent very good with technology. Other words, i could live without SX OS, but others dont and there is multiple good old games still to boot from usb and its nice library etc.

Is it easier to install Atmosphere to same sd card or seperate and is there nice step by step guide for doing this?

Thanks in advance.
Next time just use the search bar at top of page 🤠

Reactions: SylverReZ

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! yeah i just checked and i have 64gb card so i might to go and buy 1tb :lol: btw is there tutorial to how to move SX OS to new sd card :rofl2: sorry im so stupid with these

You can do that with my tutorial. PM if you need help.
256GB is good.

I'm not going to bother with the stupid confused children. Here's proof for future readers to get their facts straight.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/hack-sxos.582831/

You can even customize it. It's fun.

I reccommend FastCFWswitch for a swapping back and forth. All in my tutorial.

Last edited by mikefor20,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Mike! Gonna do that. btw i was thinking is Atmosphere still best CFW around? Havent been following scene in years :lol:
Yes. Kinda the only cfw. There are packs out there like deep sea but it's still Atmosphère in those packs.

Do read the guide. I packed it full of information. Let me know how i can help.

Reactions: Blythe93

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
surpisingly, thanks for this thread And thanks mikefor20, it gaves me again to use that old 2To usb hard drive and trying your tuto to have sx os and atmosphere availables. xci loading is perfect for docked mode and big solo games.

mcd123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bought a cheap unpatched switch to use for online play.

It has been played on the symmc with non official games. I know this will likely result in a ban of not already banned.

It also needs updated so am wondering what ways I can reduced the lieklyhood of the console being banned.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto