SX OS SX Installer problem

bostonBC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tested the SX OS Hack license generation on another Switch that I have the original license file for.

That one runs SX Installer with no problems and displays and mounts the xci files on an attached USB hard disk with no problems.

But when I generate and use the boot.dat and hacked license, SX Installer does the exact same thing - shows the background and nothing else when you run it.

So it appears SX Installer is looking at something in the SX OS to tell if it's a valid license or the hacked SX OS does not have the same full USB support. It will display and run games from USB in the album but not in SX Installer.

My guess if SX Installer has some extra check for SX OS.

Anyone know if the author for SX Installer is reachable to see if he will check the code?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tested the SX OS Hack license generation on another Switch that I have the original license file for.

That one runs SX Installer with no problems and displays and mounts the xci files on an attached USB hard disk with no problems.

But when I generate and use the boot.dat and hacked license, SX Installer does the exact same thing - shows the background and nothing else when you run it.

So it appears SX Installer is looking at something in the SX OS to tell if it's a valid license or the hacked SX OS does not have the same full USB support. It will display and run games from USB in the album but not in SX Installer.

My guess if SX Installer has some extra check for SX OS.

Anyone know if the author for SX Installer is reachable to see if he will check the code?

Team xecuter been dead for years, blawar is the guy behind tinfoil, which sx installer is based off from.

Reactions: SylverReZ

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah xci mounting from tinfoil only works if your sxos license is real. Some check is still present here that isn't patched.

bostonBC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah xci mounting from tinfoil only works if your sxos license is real. Some check is still present here that isn't patched.
A bummer but what can you do!

Now if I could only get it to be able to see a local hard disk to install games from.

That's frustrating me as I can't get it to recognize any usb drive (flash or a hard disk).

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So a weird problem.. the microSD on one of my kids Switches died and I can't where I saved the copy of the SX OS license.

I was able to successfully use the SX OS license generator and was able to boot into a 10.2 emunand.

Installed the SX Installer since the kids like playing from a hard disk (don't get me started lol).

Everything looks good but it does not recognize the hard disk.

Actually the SX Installer screen comes up with just a screen showing the system memory/microSD Card/time in the upper right corner but no folders to select from.

I tried installing v17 of Tinfoil and it shows the folders but nothing under the usb drive options.

Does the hacked license mess up USB support in some way?

Or does anyone know how to get the SX Installer to show folders?

TIA
Post automatically merged:

Forgot to attach the pic.
SX OS doesn't work with the latest firmware updates anymore, its been over 4 years now since the latest SX OS release. I would, if I were you, update your Switch to the latest CFW.

• Sad
Reactions: Blythe93

bostonBC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sxos was decades in front of itself, atmosphere can't even load xci`s from hdd, what a joke 😂
That was by design as the Atmosphere folks didn't want to encourage piracy. In reality almost everyone who uses Atmosphere pirates so it's pretty silly to not add full USB support as XCI loading was developed and worked years ago.

To manually have to install a game is kinda silly IMO.

Reactions: Blythe93

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was by design as the Atmosphere folks didn't want to encourage piracy. In reality almost everyone who uses Atmosphere pirates so it's pretty silly to not add full USB support as XCI loading was developed and worked years ago.

To manually have to install a game is kinda silly IMO.
Xci mount was also one of the reasons why xcuter got the suit. The point of atmosphere, wasn't for piracy. Hence why if you pull a github issue, say you pirated/have sig patches, the pull will be ignored.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
late answer but the reason XCI Loading is not in AMS by default and the reason why no one does it is...XCI loading uses Nintendo Code. no one wants to get busted by Nintendo lmao.

Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?