guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

I improved my cooling mod, changed thermal paste, cut the backplate once again and added 2 copper memory coolers.

I fully disassembled the console to the point of removing the entire motherboard, but 1st thing I did was disconnect battery off course so nothing is shorted and I even used gloves...

Problem: now none of my emunands work (they are all mSD files based), the screen either stays black or just goes to original FW 3.0.1 with no CFW all after it's loading atmosphere.

I put a backup of SX OS emunand to my old mSD and boots right away and plays everything fine.

Also everything is working, screen, sound, Bluetooth, WiFi, touch, charging, buttons, mSD (giving above 90MBs in Hekate and can read it's content with tegra explorer payload)...

I created a new emunand clean in my old 128GB mSD without anything, it starts launching atmosphere but then goes back to original FW, there's no error reports on atmosphere folders.

Then I recreated a brand new clean emunand again but without Sigpatches and everything is working and boots into atmosphere emunand and already updated to FW 15.0.1...

Just before doing the mod the same latest Sigpatches worked fine like always and now I can't boot any of my backup emunands that always worked fine.

Also I added a huge amount of thermal paste all over the place just like before so most chips transfer heat to the backplate, but none are electrically conductive or capacitive, I used MX-6 in the SOC and MX-4 everywhere and also never had problems before the same way...

Ps: my new cooling mod below, the first square on the left was already done ages ago...
Post automatically merged:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

Out of a sudden now everything works without doing anything.

Pretty odd cause even before screwing everything, original FW was fully working and same after screwing everything. Everything was working beside atmosphere, even SX OS was working.

Now everything is just fully normality working with my normal 512GB atmosphere emunand.

Also due to the mix of MX-6 and MX-4 + just a drop of super glue in the corner of the mem coolers to make them stay with pressure now it even has a nice wooden smell as it heats up B-)

Mods can close thread

Attachments

• IMG_20240323_040805.jpg
    IMG_20240323_040805.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20240323_025256.jpg
    IMG_20240323_025256.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Last edited by guily6669,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News