Old Switch Lite with SX Modchip won't boot into SX OS any longer

trapstar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hey guys,

Yesterday, I took out my Switch Lite from the shelf after a long time because I wanted to lend it to a friend. To my surprise, SX OS is no longer booting automatically as it used to. I didn't mod it myself, and back then, I was overwhelmed by the large amount of information I found online, so I never looked more into CFW and never did anything with it other than playing games.
I've tried multiple times to access the SX boot menu by pressing the + Volume button during startup, but it didn't work.
I also know that Team Xecuter has been busted, and I would like to, if it's the best option available, install Adrenaline and bring it up to date.
The OFW still runs on 10.2.0. I have a NAND backup stored on my PC, as well as a few other files.
The content of the microSD card looks like this:
screens1.PNG

I couldn't find clear information for my situation while searching online, so I'm asking for help here. I would appreciate any assistance I can get!
Post automatically merged:

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.PNG

yyasa.PNG

Last edited by trapstar,

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This. Also, by using Spacecraft-NX people end up losing the ability to dual-boot SXOS. (Yes, people do still have a reason to use it, let them be.)
I am using Gear but wouldn't boot SXOS anymore and am definitely not recommending anyone to stick to it and rather advise against it, it has no reason to use it other then sentimentality and laziness. "but muh XCI mounts" yeah I don't care, install them like everyone else on demand and dont keep 200 games on your SD at one time, jesus.

I'll also change to Spacecraft soon since Marikos cant boot Android/Linux with the old firmware, yet another reason against sticking to SXOS.

PS: there was no need in bringing that up when OP was already willing to abandon it for the sake of being up-to-date and having a working CFW in the first place.

EDIT: However, thinking about the situation of OP a bit more, maybe the soldering wasnt done properly and the chip isnt attached anymore, I don't know enough about soldering or what happens if you detach the chip from the console though, just a theory/suggestion for OP to check the soldering.

Last edited by HalfScoper,

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS: there was no need in bringing that up when OP was already willing to abandon it for the sake of being up-to-date and having a working CFW in the first place.

I somehow doubt OP is trying to set up something as advanced as Android/Linux after they mentioned originally being overwhelmed by how to update CFW. Flashing the chip is not a wise first step or even required. Before messing with anyone's boot.dat and firmware, the soldering and ribbon cables need to be checked, but considering OP didn't install the chip himself, this is already over their head. It needs to be taken to someone that knows what they are doing. It could be anything from a bad chip, cold solder joints, or a loose ribbon cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto