Homebrew stuck on al9h guide... otp helper reboots hbl

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch man, good luck with the fieldrunners thing if you go along with it.
The other guy was being extremely rude for no reason. He sounds real far up his own ass.
I legit tried to give him advice to begin with, but he just refused to accept the truth. Maybe I lost my patience and got rude. Maybe I am a bit up my own ass. But you know what? I also have working a9lh on all 3 of my devices.

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read the system transfer part properly, I think that you can do this transfer from Old 3DS to New 3DS without any problems.

I think that we can solve your problem. Set up emunand on your brother's 3DS, install freeShop on it and pirate FieldRunners DSi Ware (well, I've read that downgrade is pirating too so you shouldn't have any problems with that). Then update that emuNAND to 11.0 and do system transfer to your Old 3DS. You will have Fieldrunners on your 3DS and emuNAND on your brother's 3DS, and then you will be able to do DSi downgrade method, and then on your downgraded 3DS you will be able to restore your NAND backup.

Last edited by szymon170,

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Just calm down. Do you have Old 3DS or New 3DS? If your brother has Old 3DS and you have it too, then I think that we can solve your problem. Set up emunand on his 3DS, install freeShop on it and buy pirate FieldRunners DSi Ware (well, I've read that downgrade is pirating too so you shouldn't have any problems with that). Then update that emuNAND to 11.0 and do system transfer to your Old 3DS. You will have Fieldrunners on your 3DS and emuNAND on your brother's 3DS, and then you will be able to do DSi downgrade method, and then on your downgraded 3DS you will be able to restore your NAND backup.
he needs a legit copy if he wants to downgrade

szymon170

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
he needs a legit copy if he wants to downgrade
But downloading it from freeShop (and not just downloading and installing .cia) should work just as fine as downloading it from eShop, if you download something from freeShop or CIAngel you can even redownload it from normal eShop. He should just try it. He can't lose anything anyway.

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
But downloading it from freeShop should work just as fine as downloading it from eShop, if you download something from freeShop or CIAngel you can even redownload it from normal eShop. He should just try it.
no only legit games will transfer

edit: from plaliects guide

Purchase one of the following exploitable DSiWare games (a pirated copy of the game will notwork)

Last edited by fikatr,

szymon170

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"CIAngel is a homebrew program that downloads content from Nintendo's servers. [...] You can install a ticket, which lets you redownoad the game via eshop. (This only works for games that are in your eshop = in your region)."
It's from the CIAngel thread. I thought that it would download legit .cia.
I think that he should try it, maybe it will work, and if not then he can just buy a normal copy of fieldrunners.

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
"CIAngel is a homebrew program that downloads content from Nintendo's servers. [...] You can install a ticket, which lets you redownoad the game via eshop. (This only works for games that are in your eshop = in your region)."
It's from the CIAngel thread. I thought that it would download legit .cia.
I think that he should try it, maybe it will work, and if not then he can just buy a normal copy of fieldrunners.
when system transferring console checks if ticket is legit or not if he transfers he need to wait 1 week more

Seakay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep done the thing yesterday, you have to buy the game, just create a dummy emunand and nnid to buy the game and do a clean transfer you will be ok, it is not complicated at all ! And then again it's a 5€ game, what are you going to do with them ? It's the same price as a beer in a bar so it won't kill you !

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Yep done the thing yesterday, you have to buy the game, just create a dummy emunand and nnid to buy the game and do a clean transfer you will be ok, it is not complicated at all ! And then again it's a 5€ game, what are you going to do with them ? It's the same price as a beer in a bar so it won't kill you !
actually you dont need a nnid for buying fieldrunners so you can do without a nnid

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
...any way to resolve this or if not downgrade my system back to 9.2?

Yes, and it has been said many times: either hardmod or do the DSi Downgrade

...I backed up both sysnand and emunand before downgrading...

Through hardmod, you can just restore your (already backed up, from the console) SysNAND or EmuNAND and everything will be there.

If you do the DSi Downgrade, your console will be at ver. 10.4.
After that you can follow the guide (part 1 and part 2) to downgrade to ver. 9.2.
After your console is at ver. 9.2, you can use a tool (Decrypt9WIP or EmuNAND9) through HBL to restore one of you backup (Sys or Emu) and your consloe will be as it was.

On a side note: You have also backed up your SD completly to your PC? Otherwise, even if you restore your Sys or Emu, you'll lose saves, tickets and what not.

Good luck...

TheToaster

Kishore
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to install a9lh and I updated my sysnand to 11.0 while using mini pasta and opened the hbl through browserhax and when I click on otp helper, it reloads back into the hbl... any way to resolve this or if not downgrade my system back to 9.2? I backed up both sysnand and emunand before downgrading...
You screwed up big time. Whenever a guide says to update your sysNAND for any reason, DON'T DO IT. You probably misread it.

Hey, at least you didn't brick your system and you can still use it

Last edited by TheToaster,

shipwreck5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I legit tried to give him advice to begin with, but he just refused to accept the truth. Maybe I lost my patience and got rude. Maybe I am a bit up my own ass. But you know what? I also have working a9lh on all 3 of my devices.

OOOHHHHH! BURN!:P

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OR you can always use CL or something, Amazon and try to trade with someone for a "NEW" 3DS with a lower firmware. As long as it works as stock I don't see an issue with that or returning it to the store for exchange or something. I DO NOT agree with people exchanging bricked devices for a new one, that's pretty shitty IMO.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to first get my credit card and bank account in order because of issues with my info...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh damn, I've never been entertained so much by a post on this forum. I really don't want to sound like an asshole, but I probably do anyway, whatever, thanks OP for making my day.
well you failed...

TheToaster

Kishore
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you failed...

You can't expect us not to take humor in someone who tries to hack his console and doesn't even take the time to read the instructions properly, blindly assumes RedNAND means SysNAND, and then throws a temper tantrum online about how angry he is that he screwed up.

If you are going to take the time to hack your console, at least do a little bit of research on how to do it.

Last edited by TheToaster,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
What I want to know is what horrible guide was OP following that told him to use miniPasta and update his system?

BTW someone above said you can use freeShop to get FieldRunners - that will not work. Unless the game is bought it will not transfer with system transfer to an unhacked console (Nintendo's servers are only going to transfer the stuff they have a record of you owning).

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...