Hacking Need Advice: Going Online Post-CFW Update and System Initialization

Burnermanfire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I've been through a complex journey with my Nintendo Switch, transitioning from a CFW setup back to what appears to be a clean sysNAND setup, and I'm seeking your advice on whether it's safe to go online or if further steps are needed.

Here's a breakdown of my situation:

1. Initial Setup: My Switch was running an emuNAND for CFW activities alongside a stock sysNAND. I decided to wipe the emuNAND and update my stock sysNAND to firmware version 17.0.1 to play online games again.

2. Update Issue & Soft Brick: After attempting to update, my console did not reboot as expected and ended up soft-bricked, stuck at the Nintendo logo.

3. Restoration Attempt: I had a backup of either my emuNAND or sysNAND (not entirely sure which it was) on version 13.1.0, which I restored. This still didn't allow me to boot into OFW, so I launched CFW on it and used Daybreak to update my firmware to 17.0.1.

4. Success and Factory Reset: Post-update, my sysNAND now functions like a stock OFW without needing a bootloader or jig to access. To ensure a clean start, I also initialized the device, effectively factory resetting it after the CFW update.

Throughout this process, I never went online. The firmware for the update was sourced from Darthsternie, and I used Daybreak for the firmware installation to avoid any potential issues.

My questions to the community are:

- Given the steps I've taken, is it safe to go online with my Nintendo Switch, or is there a risk of being flagged/banned by Nintendo for previous CFW use?
- Would using a tool like Haku33 or Tegra System Wipe to clean the system further be recommended or necessary in this scenario? (I've heard something about Tegra System Wipe potentially soft bricking consoles and requiring CFW to resolve it.)
- If there are additional precautions or steps I should take before going online, I would greatly appreciate your insights.

I'm aware of the risks associated with modding and going online post-modification and want to ensure I minimize any potential for issues with Nintendo's online services.

Thank you in advance for your advice and assistance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto