Announcing my port of Ken's Labyrinth for Nintendo Switch
Includes the complete game and uses Adlib emulation for the music. If there are any bugs or feedback then please let me know. The game is also in the Homebrew AppStore.
- Highscore and game saves can't get a keyboard input for name entry so they default to the name Ken or use the Switch account name if you are signed in. If there's an available on-screen keyboard for this part then let me know!
- Stereoscopic 3D only works in docked mode. Handheld mode causes it to render the game in a small window on the bottom left of the screen.
* Instacrash on the Nintendo Switch fixed
* Port for macOS created
* Add CMake build system
* Limit sound channels to 2 to avoid super fast sound and music
* Brand new game launcher menu allowing you to launch any version of the game
* Ken's Labyrinth 1.0/1.1 graphical bug fixes
* Stereoscopic 3D added as an option in setup menu
* USB keyboard and mouse support for Nintendo Switch
* Anisotropic filtering now supported on Switch
* New audio device selectable in the setup menu: Adlib random instruments. This will play
the music tracks with randomly selected instruments. If you don't like the instrument settings
you can select it again and it will load a different random set.
* Changing audio settings now no longer requires you to quit the game. All changes are immediate
* Switch - Now dynamically switches to 1080p from 720p when connecting to the dock and vice versa.
The setup menu will also reflect the current mode.
* Upgraded the Adlib emulator to Ken's 64 bit compatible one resolving all music issues
such as silent or distorted instruments on some platforms
NOTE: If updating from 3.0.0 you will need to delete Ken2.nro because the new
executable has a different name.
* Switch - Renamed executable so that it appears properly in the homebrew menu in SX OS
* Switch - Swapped select and cancel buttons for menus
* Switch - Use Switch account name if user is signed in, "Ken" otherwise
* Switch - Improved use of depth buffer
* Switch - Quitting game from main menu now quits gracefully
Download here: https://github.com/sacredbanana/lab3d-sdl/releases
Last edited by Nightfox_,