Gaming Splashtop lags on Android, but runs smooth on Iphone.

alonzondavis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, im trying to stream pc games to my nividia shield portable on android 5.1

Im currently using splashtop, while works fine on my Iphone, it lags on the nividia portable.

Is there another streaming program that runs smooth on andriod?

I dont believe my pc can run gamestream, and kainy just sucks. I havent tried moonlight or kino yet, but from what I understood anyways those need game stream too?

I dont know, i guess I could post my pc specs if thatll help. What should I do from here?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey all, im trying to stream pc games to my nividia shield portable on android 5.1

Im currently using splashtop, while works fine on my Iphone, it lags on the nividia portable.

Is there another streaming program that runs smooth on andriod?

I dont believe my pc can run gamestream, and kainy just sucks. I havent tried moonlight or kino yet, but from what I understood anyways those need game stream too?

I dont know, i guess I could post my pc specs if thatll help. What should I do from here?
Any PC with a somewhat modern Nvidia GPU can run gamestream, I think starting with the GTX 6xx series. What GPU do you have?

alonzondavis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe its a nvidia graphics card. Im sorry i dont know where to check its exact number though.

Any PC with a somewhat modern Nvidia GPU can run gamestream, I think starting with the GTX 6xx series. What GPU do you have?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

its a nividia gt 635

QUOTE="alonzondavis, post: 7806932, member: 393317"]I believe its a nvidia graphics card. Im sorry i dont know where to check its exact number though.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• IMG_1389.PNG
    IMG_1389.PNG
    45.1 KB · Views: 265

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I believe its a nvidia graphics card. Im sorry i dont know where to check its exact number though.

its a nividia gt 635

Ah, it's only GTX 650 and up.
I'm surprised you get a good performance at all with that kind of GPU and no hardware encoding.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

alonzondavis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, it's only GTX 650 and up.
I'm surprised you get a good performance at all with that kind of GPU and no hardware encoding.
Im assuming that means its an old gpu and possbily should upgrade, thankfully it is a desktop so ill probably upgrade the gpu when i have the cash saved up.

In the mean time I suppose I can just stick with splashtop running on iphone and attach an controller like wiiu pro to it or something.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Im assuming that means its an old gpu and possbily should upgrade, thankfully it is a desktop so ill probably upgrade the gpu when i have the cash saved up.

In the mean time I suppose I can just stick with splashtop running on iphone and attach an controller like wiiu pro to it or something.
Pretty much, yeah. You can get semi recent GPUs used for dirt cheap.

alonzondavis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind. Remotr works perfectly with the GT 650 gpu, it even emulates the nividia shield portable as xinput controller so it streams games like Tekken 7 and Sonic Mania smoothly and no lag at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr