How to install Android 8.1(LineageOS) to your Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by Sasori, Jul 28, 2019.

1. annson24

annson24 The Patient One

May 5, 2016
    Philippines
    Wait, so you mean you can boot android and HOS(sxos) from a single sdcard?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2. hugofthunder

hugofthunder Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Philippines
    Why am I feeling so bad now?
    Nope, I mean if that's the way to do it, I'm willing to boot SX OS first, then Hekate, then Android. Though I'm not sure which part I'm supposed to switch cards.

annson24 likes this.
  3. hugofthunder

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Philippines
    Do I need Magisk?

4. annson24

annson24 The Patient One

May 5, 2016
    Philippines
    Only if you want root.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

5. hugofthunder

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Philippines
    Got it working :)

6. SilentOne1994

SilentOne1994 SilentOne2k94

Feb 5, 2016
    Australia
    Australia
    Can anyone fix my issue with Android for Switch?
    I can't actually get it to run at all.

So, i've done everything the right way as far as i know..
    Flashed the SD with Etcher and the 32GB image it needed..
    Placed the Unzipped Shieldifier and open_gapps-arm64-8.1-stock Zips in the 2GB partition
    and removed the micro sd card, pushed the payload and pressed on the Android for Switch icon while holding the Vol + button..
    and all i get is a black screen.. i tried it multiple different ways aswell.. like before touching the icon, Right after touching the icon etc.. and i either get the "HEKATE" logo or just a black screen.. can anyone help? i even tried different Micro SD cards and they all do the same thing?
    I've attached screenshots of how everything looks after Flashing

opensd. SDstuff. Diskman.

7. hugofthunder

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Philippines
    How long have you been holding it? Hold it for a minute or two. Also start holding once you see the Hekate logo.

8. SilentOne1994

Feb 5, 2016
    Australia
    Australia

held it for 5minutes and still just a black screen

9. hugofthunder

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Philippines
    Hmm, that actually happened to me and I just restarted Hekate and tried again.

Wait a sec, why is your other partition showing 999 kb or something? The two partitions should be the 2 GB one and the other one shouldn't show anything. Maybe after you flashed, Windows prompted to format the card and you did? You shouldn't format it after you flash

10. SilentOne1994

Feb 5, 2016
    Australia
    Australia

Ahhhh..
    I'll try without Formatting the card afterwards this time, the video tutorial I watched said "you must make sure to format the disk whenever it asks you to after the flashing has completed"

11. hugofthunder

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Philippines
    No you should not, hope this fixes things for you. Let us know!

12. SilentOne1994

Feb 5, 2016
    Australia
    Australia
    thanks for that, works great!
    However i was just wondering about a few things..
    i'm having abit of an issue getting Dolphin (Gamecube) Emulation working well, I have my Super Mario Sunshine rom in my Dolphin Emulator and i changed the Video Driver to Vulkan instead of OpenGL however no matter what i do the game keeps stuttering and having issues.

All help is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by SilentOne1994, Aug 19, 2019
  13. Clutz450

Clutz450 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2013
    United States
    How can I check to see if my SD card is ok? Here is why I ask. I followed this guide using a 32GB SanDisk Extreme Plus micro SDHC card. Everything seemed to install fine (open google apps and shieldifier) using TWRP. Then I rebooted my switch and loaded up android. It took about 30 minutes to get to a point where I can start doing the initial setup stuff. However, it was acting very sluggish and I kept getting messages saying something crashed and if I wanted to close or wait. Eventually, it just seemed like it froze and I couldn't do anything else and when I tried to reboot it didn't seem like anything was happening. So I tried reformating my microSD card and start over. However, that became a huge issue and I kept getting weird errors and it just wasn't formatting right. I think I finally got it fixed and was able to start the guide all over again. However this time, when I get to the TWRP menu and choose install, its taking forever to install anything. Like literally it just took 2 hours just to install open google apps and I was using the PICO version. I'm installing shieldifier now but again this is taking forever. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas what the problem is or if I some how damaged my microSD card. As far as I know, I have one of the better and faster SD cards so I wasn't expecting things to take this long. Thank you.

14. ItsOmega

ItsOmega Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2017
    Australia
    Hey, so i've tried to install it, i have been able to boot into twrp, but not into LineageOS, it will just hang, what should I do?

15. CardNin

CardNin Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2019
    United States
    Is there any chance we'll get a "reboot to hekate" option in Android similar to Atmos? In the form of an apk or something.