1. DreIceAge

DreIceAge Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Why isn't my my Switch when running LineageOS not switching to docked mode?

2. A3660537JPN

A3660537JPN GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Connect a power cable to the dock.

3. konamicode89

konamicode89 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have been out of the loop for quite some time, but aside from the progress on android Oreo has there been any progress on Android pie yet?

4. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

United States

No eta, but definitely on it's way.

konamicode89 likes this.
  5. konamicode89

United States
  6. DreIceAge

Newcomer

United States
    Nvm

Last edited by DreIceAge, Feb 23, 2020
  7. cracker

cracker Nyah!

United States
    I'm guessing you meant 8192KB. 8GB isn't much user space at all. If you are going to dedicate a 400GB mSD to Android then why not fill it all the way up?

8. DreIceAge

Newcomer

United States
    Nvm

Last edited by DreIceAge, Feb 23, 2020
  9. DreIceAge

Newcomer

United States
    Does a USB keyboard work in Android while attached to the Dock or nah?

10. DreIceAge

Newcomer

United States
    For the past couple of weeks I've been reinstalling Android several times because when I mess up with other stuff like Atmosphere I just straight up wipe my card and start from scratch. I normally use the 16gb version of LineageOS. Yesterday I used a 32gb version and made my Android user partition to be 50gb. After it was all said and done, I did not get the Google apps close or wait error that happens once after you start up. How come? Is it because I used the 32gb one instead? Anyone else ever solve that problem?

11. cracker

cracker Nyah!

United States
    The Google Apps error happens even on Android devices. It is a common occurance with custom roms. Most of the time, reinstalling (the right version of) gapps will fix it. Other times, clearing the cache will.

12. LoneFlo

LoneFlo GBAtemp Regular

France
    I got the error "Wrong architecture to set up Open Gapps". I used ARM64-8.1-nano vversion, so I don't understand what could be wrong. :huh:

EDIT: Finally worked after wiping dalvik cache multiple times.

Last edited by LoneFlo, Mar 4, 2020
  13. konamicode89

United States
    Having successfully installed android via etcher, rebooting to hekate to finish initial setup and installing apps from playstore to test out, I have yet to understand the differences in opengapps, I've read that it makes no difference at all but the guide says to use nano and this thread makes mention of pico.

Other than rooting with magisk, installing the optional fixes, and to replace the outdated bootloader folder (hekate 5.0) that the image comes with.. does this roughly conclude a complete enough android setup on the switch before moving forward to experiment with the apps?

Also with a pie release coming soon any thoughts on the possibility of switchroot releasing a pie update.img for those who already have oreo installed?

Last edited by konamicode89, Mar 14, 2020
  14. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

United States
    It's largely a matter of preference, and determines which "pre-installed" Google Apps you get. A full comparison between variations is available here: https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/wiki/Package-Comparison

It's hard to say at this point. With the current version installed you're already able to boot into TWRP, I think it's possible for them to release a .zip you could flash that way. But I think it's easier for them to just release an etcher image, which would overwrite everything else on the card. You could probably ask them on their Discord though.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You can also try building Android Pie yourself with the instructions here: http://fshy.de/BuildPieForSwitch

Very beta, don't expect support for it. Requires lots of disk space and RAM to build.

konamicode89 likes this.
  15. MrRidges

MrRidges Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    When I go to boot into twrp I just get a black screen, I am using Hekate 5.0.1 and I don't know what I've done wrong. Followed modded warfare's tutorial to a T. Please help

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Can't get into twrp just get a black screen. Used the image above for a 32gb card. And I used Hekate 5.0.1 and I followed modded warfare's tutorial to a T. Please send help

16. konamicode89

United States
    If I remember correctly I think the initial setup is with hekate 5.0, although this won't matter after intial setup. also did you hold down vol + (could be vol -) when you boot up switchdroid from hekate? remember you're booting to recovery mode first and installing the necessities before then rebooting to switchdroid normally.sometimes it won't boot up properly the first try and does take a few minutes. if it freezes hold power for 15 seconds reboot hekate and try again. still a no go? reflash android image with etcher to a different sd.

personally I had no issues flashing to my sd with etcher and booting twrp while holding down vol button and flashing pico gapps reboot2payload joycon fixes and magisk before actually booting to android. I hope it helps! lmk if you need more help

Last edited by konamicode89, Mar 26, 2020
  17. MrRidges

MrRidges Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Thanks will give it a go

18. SketchScarz

SketchScarz Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Am I able to hack my switch lite with these methods?

19. konamicode89

United States
    I'm happy to say that I managed to get my all in one SD setup put together, I'm going to definitely give this pie beta image a look.
    BTW I'm planning on writing a guide for the multiboot method, but because it's a simplified version of everything that I've gathered and this being my first guide. to whom must I contact for permissions and crediting?

edit: a 20-30gb repo that blows up to around 150 that a 8gb swap is too slow to build? but needs a 8gb sd card to flash this all on to? you weren't kidding when you said it was best to wait but this is will be something fun to look into in the meantime

Last edited by konamicode89, Mar 31, 2020
    Cyan likes this.
  20. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

United States
    Everything is open source and public knowledge. I don't really think you need to ask anybody for permission, but at the bottom of the guide I would leave two sections, a References section and a Thanks section. In References I would add all of the links that I've sent you, along with other places you went for help. And then in the Thanks section put anybody that helped you from here, anybody that authored the posts that you found very helpful, along with any developers that worked on the software you used.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - 1(LineageOS), Nintendo, install