NULL

Spine, a new PS4 emulator, can already run two commercial games

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Jun 11, 2019.

1. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA Born in '04, living in '96.

May 4, 2018
    United States
    I'll get this when it's able to run on a potato PC that chugs hard on Dolphin.

Like mine.

2. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    Windows doesn't tend to crash all the time, unless maybe if you have buggy kernel drivers although I haven't had a problem in years as driver testing has become much more controlled. There have been buggy linux drivers that take down linux systems more recently.

The way you talk about linux is like it's shit don't stink.

I hate radeon, always had better luck with nvidia, I'd go so far to say that I wouldn't use an AMD product if you paid me.

Another point against Linux then.

Last edited by smf, Jun 13, 2019
  3. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    The cpu in the ps4 is fairly weak, no amount of tribalism changes that. That being said, Ryzen cpus have been good so far.

Last edited by kevin corms, Jun 13, 2019
  4. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    I mean... It's almost like an FX-8350 with half the clock speed. As much as I like the FX-8350 and as much as it performs pretty decently, ehhhhhhh, the PS4's is just.... no.

5. chaoskagami

chaoskagami Former CFW Dev

Mar 26, 2016
    United States
    ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
    Bugs happen. It doesn't matter how much you want to pretend they don't. Developers aren't perfect.

Again, goal post shifting. Also, this sort of inflammatory statement isn't valid discussion. What am I supposed to say back? Windows smells like donkey crap? Linux doesn't stink, but its shit does? I mean, seriously. What do you want from me with that kind of statement?

How about: News flash. This isn't about Linux. This is about graphics drivers on multiple platforms. Try again with a better argument that's not attacking the kernel for something that is mostly the Mesa project and vendors. Hell, the graphics stack is pretty much identical on BSD, for fuck's sake.

I see. How is this relevant to proving your point? All I see is you pretending that AMD has "issues" whilst not saying what issues exactly.

lolwhat. Bugcheck = BSOD = kernel panic. An oops (which is different from a kpanic) causes the faulty module to be isolated/removed and everything continues as normal without it. Linux is better at recovering from kernel issues than Windows. What part of that statement was unclear to you? That's a point for Linux, not against. I mean, unless you like rebooting all the time, then who am I to judge?

Last edited by chaoskagami, Jun 13, 2019
    wicksand420 and gnmmarechal like this.
  6. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    Emulaception!

7. Jokey_Carrot

Jokey_Carrot professional retard

Oct 23, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Britian
    uses hle instead of lle to be faster and already runs 2 games:

People who tried to emulate the original xbox

[​IMG]

Vorde likes this.
  8. Jokey_Carrot

Jokey_Carrot professional retard

Oct 23, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Britian
    ha amd opengl keep dreaming

9. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    But apparently linux bugs are understandable, windows bugs are worse than hitler.

You make derogatory statements about Windows and then act the victim when I say something back, I think this discussion isn't going to go anywhere.

BSD will suffer the same issues if you want to play that game.

I've always had laptops, the hardware and driver updates were both sub par. I've had some issues with nvidia, but nowhere near as bad as AMD.

Linux is better at trying to limp along pretending that everything is fine. If Gnu Hurd ever takes off then you maybe you'll have a point.

Last edited by smf, Jun 15, 2019
  10. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    I have little stake in the discussion, but windows gives you an obscure BSOD with a vague explanation. Linux always has logs of what has gone wrong.

There is a definite argument to be made in that.

Which given the windows install already takes up 10gb, isn't really excusable in any form.

Last edited by Ev1l0rd, Jun 15, 2019
    chaoskagami likes this.
  11. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    How come nothing in this thread is about the thread?

chaoskagami and Subtle Demise like this.
  12. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    Windows does have logs as well.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  13. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    When windows crashes, if you're lucky you'll get a somewhat descriptive BSOD message and a QR code with a :( to the side.

If linux crashes, you can still see the logs of what went wrong on your screen that are detailed and explain what went wrong and more often than not you can still use the CLI in another tty anyway to see what exactly went wrong if it doesn't happen.

Actually getting linux to crash completely is suprisingly hard, whereas Windows will gladly BSOD itself if given the option to. Linux will just log you out if say, the X server crashes (something that's quickly figured out as to what went wrong by running startx in a tty and reading the error output of that).

14. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    This is not a linux vs windows thread, please limit the bickering over OS wars.

wicksand420 likes this.
  15. Idontknowwhattoputhere
    This message by Idontknowwhattoputhere has been removed from public view by Chary, Jun 16, 2019, Reason: No more OS wars.
    Jun 16, 2019
  16. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    You can run these natively on PC since they're on steam.

UltraSUPRA likes this.
NULL