Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh look, you got 3 people to provide you with your own personal technical support within minutes on something you could've found out in a few seconds by looking one page back. Yeah I'M the entitled one.. LOL

Rhapsody

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh look, you got 3 people to provide you with your own personal technical support within minutes on something you could've found out in a few seconds by looking one page back. Yeah I'M the entitled one.. LOL

Gee, I'm sorry that I missed something. At least I'm not the one complaining about something that shouldn't matter to them.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're right about that. I have no idea why it's bothering me so much when it's not my thread. But I'm not the only one, mid-kid has been pulling his hair out over it on the Cakes thread too. I guess it gets annoying when the little alert pops up and you expect it to be something about the progress of the project but instead it's the same question for the nth time that day.

Reactions: Powermad80

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rhapsody @subcon959

That's enough. Yes, @Rhapsody you probably could have looked back a page or three and found an answer to your question, and yes @subcon959 you are welcome to be upset about that. But going back and forth is just going to make the thread advance even faster and cause the solution to get buried again and then someone else will come in and be unwilling to dig through pages of arguing about "entitlement" to find an answer and will just ask it again.

So drop it, please.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to post and mention I was able to upgrade to the latest firmware using 3.0 with no issues. I plan on upgrading to 3.1 later, but for now if you're on 3.0 you're OK!

*EDIT* Using N3DS

Last edited by Vanth88,
Reactions: Stevo_l33

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/WkTpin8v/file.html
ReiNand for both N3DS and O3DS (it autodetects!) :P
A little guide:
- For O3DS, you need a different firmware.bin! Which is a decrypted 10.2 FIRM (if you know where I can upload it, suggestions are welcome...)
- You need a console with a system version >= 7.0 as this doesn't support loading the 7.x key from SD.
- If your console is 9.0/9.2, loading the FIRM in NAND is supported (with L+R, like N3DS), or else the code will detect it and it will just hang. Just signatures are patched, no reboot patch.
- L loads SysNAND with the 10.2 FIRM, like N3DS. This includes the reboot patch for large RAM games.
- If you hold A while booting, it will load emuNAND without the reboot patch (to allow GBA/DSi games).
Just copy the .dat and (if you need it) the 3dsx, and the correct "rei-x3ds" folder for your console, renaming it to "rei". Then put the firmware.bin in it.

As I said this is all thanks to cakes (reboot payload, patch offsets), and also to Decrypt9 (from which I took the autodetect method, and the NAND ctr offset).

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm rather clueless about hacking and such but this thread has been a fantastic read and exciting during the 10.3 emu and release!

Can you explain what the arm9 thread is for and why it's not needed?

The ARM9 thread provides the "Rei" string patching (which is broken at the moment on 3.1), as well as the basic screenshot and RAM dumping button combos that ReiNand has.

Reactions: klear

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm rather clueless about hacking and such but this thread has been a fantastic read and exciting during the 10.3 emu and release!

Can you explain what the arm9 thread is for and why it's not needed?
The arm9 thread provides screenshots for Pokemon games, RAM dumping, and the "Ver." to "Rei" cosmetic change.

Reactions: kiwiis and daxtsu

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The arm9 thread provides screenshots for Pokemon games, RAM dumping, and the "Ver." to "Rei" cosmetic change.
Thanks for the info!

While those functions are great for those that use them they are rather useless for me. ☺️

I'm hesitant to update to 10.4 although many posts state it's safe to update. One major concern is the need to update a game before it will launch. Does that change affect emunand on 10.4? I'm assuming it will just update the game since you can access eshop and are on latest firmware.
I might have a few crypto fixed games that might pose a problem. Besides I don't think I need 10.4 anyway to be honest :)

Edit: just found my answer. Seems ironfall is the only game affected by the mandatory update as of this time.

Last edited by Classicgamer,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for the info!

While those functions are great for those that use them they are rather useless for me. ☺️

I'm hesitant to update to 10.4 although many posts state it's safe to update. One major concern is the need to update a game before it will launch. Does that change affect emunand on 10.4? I'm assuming it will just update the game since you can access eshop and are on latest firmware.
I might have a few crypto fixed games that might pose a problem. Besides I don't think I need 10.4 anyway to be honest :)

The only game affected by that right now is Ironfall due to Ironhax. It would make you enter the eShop and download the latest update/copy of the game, yes. Cryptofixed games are (apparently?) not a problem; people have reported cryptofixed games actually being repaired or something by the eShop once they had emuNAND 9.6, oddly enough. I have one cryptofixed game and it's not given me any issues with its update, nor general playing on 10.4, if that's reassuring at all.

Reactions: Classicgamer

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Edit: just found my answer. Seems ironfall is the only game affected by the mandatory update as of this time.
Yes, ironfall is harcoded. Last update introduced "APT:IsTitleAllowed", that blocks some titles form launching. At the moment, IronFall v1.0 and v1.1 are the only titles to be blocked. But I have the feeling they will block Cubic Ninja, too

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, ironfall is harcoded. Last update introduced "APT:IsTitleAllowed", that blocks some titles form launching. At the moment, IronFall v1.0 and v1.1 are the only titles to be blocked. But I have the feeling they will block Cubic Ninja, too
They can't block a game you legally own. At worst, they could detect the hacked save and remove it.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cryptofixed games are (apparently?) not a problem; people have reported cryptofixed games actually being repaired or something by the eShop once they had emuNAND 9.6, oddly enough. I have one cryptofixed game and it's not given me any issues with its update, nor general playing on 10.4, if that's reassuring at all.

Oh wow. I guess I'll update and report back how it goes later after work.

@daxtsu Have any other point of interest arrisen on 10.4, specifically related to data management usage on emunand?

Last edited by Classicgamer,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They will not (and in fact likely cannot legally) completely block access to a game unless they can reasonably prove that you do not own it. All they can do in that case is block access until you meet the requirements (such as installing an update). Since the team that designed and released Cubic Ninja is no longer around and afaik the source code is gone, Nintendo cannot easily create an update for this game.

What we might see this introduce, however, is a sort of white-list of games that exist in eshop format that is used to block cia format games that are not on that list from launching.

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/WkTpin8v/file.html
ReiNand for both N3DS and O3DS (it autodetects!) [emoji14]
A little guide:
- For O3DS, you need a different firmware.bin! Which is a decrypted 10.2 FIRM (if you know where I can upload it, suggestions are welcome...)
- You need a console with a system version >= 7.0 as this doesn't support loading the 7.x key from SD.
- If your console is 9.0/9.2, loading the FIRM in NAND is supported (with L+R, like N3DS), or else the code will detect it and it will just hang. Just signatures are patched, no reboot patch.
- L loads SysNAND with the 10.2 FIRM, like N3DS. This includes the reboot patch for large RAM games.
- If you hold A while booting, it will load emuNAND without the reboot patch (to allow GBA/DSi games).
Just copy the .dat and (if you need it) the 3dsx, and the correct "rei-x3ds" folder for your console, renaming it to "rei". Then put the firmware.bin in it.

As I said this is all thanks to cakes (reboot payload, patch offsets), and also to Decrypt9 (from which I took the autodetect method, and the NAND ctr offset).
Then, with this, can I run vc gba cias without install this in sysnand and emunand?! Is necesary gba_firm.cia?

Last edited by Ninoh-FOX,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh wow. I guess I'll update and report back how it goes later after work.

@daxtsu Have any other point of interest arrisen on 10.4, specifically related to data management usage on emunand?

I've not personally had any problems using it on my unlinked emuNAND, but there was one report yesterday of someone having an error (he didn't say what it was) when entering it. However, he was also banned from the Badge Arcade and using cheats and stuff, so who knows what else might've been corrupted or changed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill