Status
Not open for further replies.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's going to be released soon enough, so don't worry.

Maybe the release teams are trying to fix the AP before dumping? I've heard that Acekard2, Cyclo, and R4 (no surprise here) have problems. As someone said before, I've heard SCDS1 runs it fine.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tinymonkeyt said:
It's going to be released soon enough, so don't worry.

Maybe the release teams are trying to fix the AP before dumping? I've heard that Acekard2, Cyclo, and R4 (no surprise here) have problems. As someone said before, I've heard SCDS1 runs it fine.

DAMN, why acekard? oh its just a rumor!

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
the grainy icon shot is clearly a Cyclo, which won't run on neither stealth or normal mode
Now, I may as well post my observation of said game on my Supercard

QUOTE said:
SuperCard DSONEi running EOS SP1
Running fine.
Modes: Clean & Patch
SD speed: 1x-MAX (Patch)
SD speed: 1x-2x (Clean) anything higher causes black screen

The game requires use of the touch screen to pause and save and load the last level played.
The odd thing is, while they tried to remove the level selects and debug modes, you can still perform the button movements
Sonic 1 lets you get away with Up, Down, Left, Right, A+Start, as well as the Up+C, Down+C, Left+C, Right+C; and you CAN use the level select, but after that, start button is useless and you can't reset like on the Genesis; debug mode IS off.
Sonic 2 has NO option menu.
Sonic 3 only has the 1 player option.
Sonic & Knuckles you can do the Left 3x, Right 3x, Up 3x, but nothing past that.
Same goes for Sonic 2 & K, and Sonic 3 & K
They broke the games, basically, I miss mah 2 player mayhem. Wireless co-op, dashed :\

Upon further play, on Clean 2x speed, the standing and the jumping sprite became garbled slightly after I loaded a game and then switched to another one, nothing too serious, though.
Ending notes:
biggrin.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to someone on gamefaqs, you CAN do the level select in Sonic and Knuckles if you get a game over after entering the code. That's the only way to return to the title screen without "hard-reset" and losing the code entered. Just press Y+Start at the title screen apparently.

What i'm interested in is the rom data. I'm no hacker, but it would be neat if one could see if this is a simple emulation and perhaps swap out the genesis roms inside the game (if they exist). Other collections and even VC games did this for emulation.

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can. That's all you can toggle, though. The Start screen is replaced with just "Sonic & Tails", "Sonic Alone", and "Tails Alone", or so I've heard.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
choconado said:
wait, NO menu on 2? So you can't even toggle tails' role?
You can, there's just no Option Menu to mess with the sound test

@granville hey, you're right, you can get to it XD
now if only we could get it working on S3K, too(tried it there, no luck XD)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are nothing more than a highly customized jEnesis emulator running severely hacked Sonic ROMs. All they did was make major adjustments to the ROMs to line up the text onscreen and maybe re-scale a few things here-and-there, screwed with the menus, then dropped them into the jEnesis emulator, prettied up the GUI and added some pics and credits. Boom, instant Sonic Classics on the DS.

Just like the jEnesis emulator, they are scaled vertically, but not horizontally. But in SCC, you don't get the option to have the Dpad to follow the screen to account for the lack of horizontal scaling like you can with jEnesis 0.74. I think they also locked Sonic to the center of the screen instead of letting him have a few inches of left/right maneuvering before the screen scrolls.

The jEnensis that we all have access to runs the games SMOOTHER than the retail release. Now, don't get me wrong, SCC is fully playable and the occasional hiccups and stutters aren't showstopping, just noticeable, not to mention that the customizations to the ROMs kinda makes them more playable in the long run. But the hiccups and stutters are there none the less, and the real jEnesis doesn't stutter like that. Granted, some graphical issues the jEnesis emu had were fixed in SCC, but apparently at the cost of the occasional hiccup. And not ALL the glitches are fixed, just the worst offenders. Hmm....

I went out and bought Sonic Classic Collection, so I am able to make these direct comparisons with jEnesis 0.74.

I wonder if Lordus got compensated for Sega using his emulator?

Now, if I didn't know about jEnesis, I'd give this collection an 8.5 out of 10 easy. But knowing what I do about emulation on the DS and seeing the final product and comparing them, I give SCC about a 6.

Sonic Classic Collection is fully playable and enjoyable as the classic games we remember, but I see what they did there. They didn't fool me.
lecture.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The worst glitch i encountered in JenesisDS in the Sonic games was in Sonic and Knuckles in the Lava Reef zone last boss. The lava originally tilted diagonally in a mechanic to make the fight harder. In JenesisDS, the effect couldn't be properly emulated thanks to the DS hardware limits apparently. The lava just kind of obscured the screen when it tried to tilt, making the game harder. I wonder if this was fixed...

Original boss (tilt begins about a minute in)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1SaAZfC6zY

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
These are nothing more than a highly customized jEnesis emulator running severely hacked Sonic ROMs. All they did was make major adjustments to the ROMs to line up the text onscreen and maybe re-scale a few things here-and-there, screwed with the menus, then dropped them into the jEnesis emulator, prettied up the GUI and added some pics and credits. Boom, instant Sonic Classics on the DS.

Just like the jEnesis emulator, they are scaled vertically, but not horizontally. But in SCC, you don't get the option to have the Dpad to follow the screen to account for the lack of horizontal scaling like you can with jEnesis 0.74. I think they also locked Sonic to the center of the screen instead of letting him have a few inches of left/right maneuvering before the screen scrolls.

The jEnensis that we all have access to runs the games SMOOTHER than the retail release. Now, don't get me wrong, SCC is fully playable and the occasional hiccups and stutters aren't showstopping, just noticeable, not to mention that the customizations to the ROMs kinda makes them more playable in the long run. But the hiccups and stutters are there none the less, and the real jEnesis doesn't stutter like that. Granted, some graphical issues the jEnesis emu had were fixed in SCC, but apparently at the cost of the occasional hiccup. And not ALL the glitches are fixed, just the worst offenders. Hmm....

I went out and bought Sonic Classic Collection, so I am able to make these direct comparisons with jEnesis 0.74.

I wonder if Lordus got compensated for Sega using his emulator?

Now, if I didn't know about jEnesis, I'd give this collection an 8.5 out of 10 easy. But knowing what I do about emulation on the DS and seeing the final product and comparing them, I give SCC about a 6.

Sonic Classic Collection is fully playable and enjoyable as the classic games we remember, but I see what they did there. They didn't fool me.
lecture.gif
Here's hoping for a hack team to replace these buggy roms with proper ones XD
I want my debug mode and 4 Mecha sonics on Sky Sanctuary Zone :|

Supernico00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the fact is that JenesisDS can't emulate S3K. SCC do

So for me SCC > JenesisDS and that's why i'm becoming damn mad waiting for that dump ! ^^

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supernico00 said:
Well the fact is that JenesisDS can't emulate S3K. SCC do

So for me SCC > JenesisDS and that's why i'm becoming damn mad waiting for that dump ! ^^

Currently it only works on the supercard, which sucks, so it may be awhile.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
it feels emulated; the Zone titles are a bit squashed, the standing sprite became a garbled mess, after a couple of game swapings, Sonic 3 kept resetting itself at the SEGA screen XD

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omega_2 said:
I just hope that they don't do this with the Megaman Zero collection later this year
frown.gif

Piracy protection or using an emulator? I don't think it'd be possible to emulate GBA all that well with the DS, so they'd have to actually port the games. Which it seems like they're doing. As for piracy protection. It's inevitable now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof