Homebrew Snes9x RX - A new fork.

Which one is the typography you think should be the main one from now on? (Images on page 22)

• Earthworm Jim 2

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Kirby Super Star

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Super Bomberman 2

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Earthworm Jim

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
https://github.com/niuus/Snes9xRX/blob/master/README.md
I read that already, couldn't get it to work. Are you talking about this

USB CONTROLLERS​

To enable the Speedlink Hornet Gamepad or the Xbox 360 (wired) controller, there are two ways available:

Before loading Snes9x RX, connect your Xbox 360 wired controller. If the other USB port is populated (example: USB HDD, flash drive, DualShock 3) it should work the moment you start a game. For manual detection, when you're at the main screen (Choose Game), click on the emulator logo at the corner and check the status info at the bottom, to confirm detection. The same can be achieved by opening the Credits section inside "Settings".

Remember, the controller only works when in-game. You can swap your player/port number by simply pressing on the Xbox Guide button.

To enable the DualShock 3 (wired) controller, press and hold both minus (-) and plus (+) buttons in sequence, then release. You can do this in the Wiimote, or even the Wii U Pro Controller. The DS3 led #1 should light up once, and then the four leds. After that, press the PS button, it should be enabled for in-game use by now. You can do this before loading any game, for example.
exactly.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
doesn't work, and when I "press and hold both minus (-) and plus (+) buttons in sequence" it just freezes the Wii
did you read the readme carefully? Are you using Snes9x RX 5.4.0?

i'd like to test it by myself but i don't have a Xbox 360 controller, not even a Wii for test it :P

InfiniteBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New release is up! (5.4.0)

Congrats on the release!

I see that you modified the Menu Toggle to be A+B+Start / 1+2+Plus instead of L+R+Start, but a quick look at the code makes me think that the 1+2+Plus combo isn't set up to work. I could be mistaken though.

Can anyone test the 1+2+Plus combo on a wiimote when that option is set? I'm unable to test it myself today.

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you read the readme carefully? Are you using Snes9x RX 5.4.0?

i'd like to test it by myself but i don't have a Xbox 360 controller, not even a Wii for test it :P
yeah, I even tried logitech, nothing works, but my goal is to make ps4 third party controller work with it

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Congrats on the release!

I see that you modified the Menu Toggle to be A+B+Start / 1+2+Plus instead of L+R+Start, but a quick look at the code makes me think that the 1+2+Plus combo isn't set up to work. I could be mistaken though.

Can anyone test the 1+2+Plus combo on a wiimote when that option is set? I'm unable to test it myself today.
Yep, I have always used different combos. The reason I added that one there, its because it is easy to be locked out of the menu/exit if you're only using a Wiimote, and you had the Home option disabled. As all the exits were available before no matter what, that wasn't a problem. So, QoL fix!

Works for me, I tested that one and a lot of controller combinations so many times I stopped using the Wii for a couple of days. :rofl:. If it can be re-tested and confirmed by anyone else, it would be cool.

Other than that, I have the GX tests pending, will check it in some hours.

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I have always used different combos. The reason I added that one there, its because it is easy to be locked out of the menu/exit if you're only using a Wiimote, and you had the Home option disabled. As all the exits were available before no matter what, that wasn't a problem. So, QoL fix!

Works for me, I tested that one and a lot of controller combinations so many times I stopped using the Wii for a couple of days. :rofl:. If it can be re-tested and confirmed by anyone else, it would be cool.

If you could include support of my HID ps4 third-party controller in one of your future updates, it would be great. I believe others will also appreciate this.

Attachments

• pro controller real madrid ps4.png
    pro controller real madrid ps4.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 31

InfiniteBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oops, I forgot to specify to try the 1+2+Plus combo when "Default (All Enabled)" is set.

The 1+2+Plus looks like it's enabled only when the specific option for it is set. When left at Default (All Enabled) it looks like that one is missing

• Haha
Reactions: SaulFabre

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Oops, I forgot to specify to try the 1+2+Plus combo when "Default (All Enabled)" is set.

The 1+2+Plus looks like it's enabled only when the specific option for it is set. When left at Default (All Enabled) it looks like that one is missing
I know. I made the Wiimote combo for RX with those specific scenarios in mind out of personal preference, mind you.

There is no need for it in the "All Enabled" situation. You already have a Home button to use for that.

If you could include support of my HID ps4 third-party controller in one of your future updates, it would be great. I believe others will also appreciate this.
That doesn't help much. I need the controller for tests. Mine broke to pieces yesterday (it fell out of a shelf) so no more DS4 for me in a really long time. Hoping to also add Dual Sense someday in the future.

Last edited by niuus,

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know. I made the Wiimote combo for RX with those specific scenarios in mind out of personal preference, mind you.

There is no need for it in the "All Enabled" situation. You already have a Home button to use for that.

That doesn't help much. I need the controller for tests. Mine broke to pieces yesterday (it fell out of a shelf) so no more DS4 for me in a really long time. Hoping to also add Dual Sense someday in the future.
well, can you borrow it from someone or get a new one? Anyway, I am sure you will figure something out

• Haha
Reactions: Muliro and niuus

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
well, can you borrow it from someone or get a new one? Anyway, I am sure you will figure something out

I am not the developer of this app
Money doesn't grow on trees. But! You already have the controller, and the code is Open Source. Learn to code and I am sure you will figure something out!

Reactions: InfiniteBlue

InfiniteBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Gotcha - I was under the impression it was mistakenly left out under the All Enabled option, but that makes sense! That's a good idea to account for the wiimote if Home is disabled, I might update that on GX too at some point to accommodate it.

hahaha... money..... of course..... that's an easy way to proclaim your inability
What is even going on here... nobody owes you anything dude. This is free software made by people in their spare time, if you want something ASAP you can do it yourself.

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha - I was under the impression it was mistakenly left out under the All Enabled option, but that makes sense! That's a good idea to account for the wiimote if Home is disabled, I might update that on GX too at some point to accommodate it.

What is even going on here... nobody owes you anything dude. This is free software made by people in their spare time, if you want something ASAP you can do it yourself.
Who said something about ASAP? Who said somebody owed me something? I just asked if this guy could make it or not? And if he's an enthusiast who likes doing what he does and perfectly understands that there's no money in modding a 15 years old console, there's no need to get offended and throw a tantrum over a simple request!

Muliro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, he should spend his money on a new controller because YOU want it to work for YOU?

HAHAHA What a joke.

Some people really can't be helped, we have this awesome job done along years by people
who are doing it FOR FREE in their spare time and the dude just come here with a " You will figure something out, just solve my problem, how you're gonna do it it's your problem"

for the others, sorry for this but peple acting like this get me on my nerves.

Thank you for the non stop work, Niuus, Infinite Blue, Tanooki and others. Long live those who keeps the scene solid and alive

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Gamecube controllers and clones can still be obtained, but wiimotes and classic controllers are in extinction.

If you have the dough you can get the Wii U gamecube controller for smash... That's just a new gamecube controller.

I think there is even one for Switch that also works on the Gamecube?

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto