Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

Inferior653

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can modify BGM Management and My Music just fine in Sm4shexplorer 0.06.1 and the config saves perfectly, but whenever I try to compile the mod and re-load the files from the Mod directory, none of the changes appear (as if the files are vanilla). Also, when I check sound.msbt (where SOUND522 is supposed to be modified), it still says BLANK. Is there a way to fix this?

TTTTTsd

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a very particular issue. I had added a song to Midgar, closed the program, reopened it after changing up directories, and the music editor kept crashing. Eventually I set it up to where it would load music database files directly from the dump as opposed to workspace and now it miraculously crashes. For all its worth, the log doesn't seem to report any errors, either. It comes up as
20/05/2016 12:22:12 PM INFO : Loading from game: F:\Smash\vol\
20/05/2016 12:22:12 PM DEBUG: Loading data...
20/05/2016 12:22:12 PM DEBUG: Loading patchfile File 'F:\Smash\vol\content\patch\patchlist'
20/05/2016 12:22:12 PM INFO : Loading LS File 'F:\Smash\vol\content\ls'
20/05/2016 12:22:12 PM DEBUG: Loading RF File 'F:\Smash\vol\content\patch\resource'
20/05/2016 12:22:13 PM INFO : resource entries: 83063
20/05/2016 12:22:13 PM DEBUG: Loading RF File 'F:\Smash\vol\content\patch\resource(us_en)'
20/05/2016 12:22:13 PM INFO : resource(us_en) entries: 83063
20/05/2016 12:22:13 PM DEBUG: Loading RF File 'F:\Smash\vol\content\patch\resource(us_fr)'
20/05/2016 12:22:14 PM INFO : resource(us_fr) entries: 83071
20/05/2016 12:22:14 PM DEBUG: Loading RF File 'F:\Smash\vol\content\patch\resource(us_sp)'
20/05/2016 12:22:15 PM INFO : resource(us_sp) entries: 83071
20/05/2016 12:22:15 PM DEBUG: Initializing general DBs...
20/05/2016 12:22:15 PM INFO : Load plugins...
20/05/2016 12:22:15 PM DEBUG: Plugin 'Sm4shMusic' loaded!
20/05/2016 12:22:15 PM DEBUG: Plugin 'Sm4shParamEditor' loaded!
20/05/2016 12:22:15 PM INFO : Populating Treeview...
20/05/2016 12:22:15 PM INFO : Done.
20/05/2016 12:22:16 PM INFO : Extracting file 'data/sound/config/bgm_property.mpb' from Patch...
20/05/2016 12:22:16 PM INFO : Extracting file 'data/param/ui/ui_sound_db.bin' from Patch...
20/05/2016 12:22:16 PM INFO : Extracting file 'data/sound/config/bgm_mymusic.mmb' from Patch...
20/05/2016 12:22:16 PM INFO : Extracting file 'data/ui/message/sound.msbt' from Patch...
20/05/2016 12:22:16 PM INFO : Extracting file 'data(us_fr)/ui/message/sound.msbt' from Patch...
20/05/2016 12:22:16 PM INFO : Extracting file 'data(us_sp)/ui/message/sound.msbt' from Patch...
For all it's worth, I suspect I know of a way to fix this but I can't actually enter the program to do it. Is there a way to reset any saved music modifications in it? I recall a prompt coming up but I don't remember the specifics and I'm stuck at an impasse here.

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can modify BGM Management and My Music just fine in Sm4shexplorer 0.06.1 and the config saves perfectly, but whenever I try to compile the mod and re-load the files from the Mod directory, none of the changes appear (as if the files are vanilla). Also, when I check sound.msbt (where SOUND522 is supposed to be modified), it still says BLANK. Is there a way to fix this?
By save perfectly are you talking of saving the config as a xml or actually building the 4 files?
After you're done building with sm4shmusic check your workspace, there should be 4 new files in data and 2 in the data regions. If not you may be doing something wrong.

I'm having a very particular issue. I had added a song to Midgar, closed the program, reopened it after changing up directories, and the music editor kept crashing. Eventually I set it up to where it would load music database files directly from the dump as opposed to workspace and now it miraculously crashes. For all its worth, the log doesn't seem to report any errors, either. It comes up as
For all it's worth, I suspect I know of a way to fix this but I can't actually enter the program to do it. Is there a way to reset any saved music modifications in it? I recall a prompt coming up but I don't remember the specifics and I'm stuck at an impasse here.
Interesting. By crash do you mean an exception? If so, I need a screen (or the details of the exception copy/pasted).
Also, I would like to know what you added in Midgar, I know Midgar works cause DSX8 added a lot of songs to it. So maybe the nus3bank is faulty?
I ultimately need to be able to reproduce the crash to help, so anything you can provide (file, workspace folder, xml of your saved music conf) will help.

McMilla1228

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not completely sure how to transfer my mods over without manually putting them in one by one again. Would anyone be able to help me out?

Inferior653

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The config XML saves perfectly and building the modifications makes the files in the workspace. The issue is that the files in the workspace seem to be the vanilla files from the original 1.1.6 patch (checked as sound.msbt should have SOUND522 modified but is not).

EDIT: In-game, no changes in My Music OR Sound Test appear, and the "Original" and "Remix" text is completely gone, though the red or black backgrounds of such text are still present

Last edited by Inferior653,
Reactions: FawfulCopter27

Pib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got another feature request, this one might be easier than the other one. sorry if i'm making too many too fast

the ability to import and export BGM information would be pretty useful
set up BGM info, export it to a file, distribute it with the nus3bank
put the nus3bank in your bgm folder, open sm4shsound, select a BGM slot, click import, open the BGM data file, fills in info for you

TTTTTsd

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xml of your saved music conf)
There's no listed exception in the debug or program, windows just tells me the thing's stopped working entirely and....well, shuts it down! I've cleaned my workspace folders out of the files that Sm4shMusic uses (as per instructed to wipe the slate clean). I might've used the option to build the music mod directly, could that be affecting the startup of the plugin? I've also not been able to find the xml mentioned in this quote, is there a default directory it saves to?

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
IDK what I'm doing wrong here.

Okay. So I'm able to edit and add titles and music in Sm4shMusic. No problem. However, when I boot up the game, the extra music isn't there. Is there something I'm doing wrong? They're overwritten in Sm4shExplorer, but the game isn't loading them.

I have the latest Smash update (v288), if that matters.

Last edited by Segtendo,

TTTTTsd

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It turns out I am a giant idiot. I managed to fix it on my own and it was a fault on my behalf. A thousand pardons!

SebTremblay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IDK what I'm doing wrong here.

Okay. So I'm able to edit and add titles and music in Sm4shMusic. No problem. However, when I boot up the game, the extra music isn't there. Is there something I'm doing wrong? They're overwritten in Sm4shExplorer, but the game isn't loading them.

I have the latest Smash update (v288), if that matters.

Same issue here!

It appears in the sound test for me, but I can't make it appear in the My Music

Last edited by SebTremblay,

VanchiRL

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
j0I57HZ

Help with this? I dont know what this means, i have all the files in there.
LOG:
ERROR Error while Initializing VGMStream: No se puede cargar el archivo DLL 'libvgmstream': No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado. (Excepción de HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
WARN Warning: VGMStream can't load 'D:\Smash\vol\content\sound\bgm\snd_bgm_CRS02_Senjyou.nus3bank'. Either the file isn't a real nus3bank (bad!) or VGMStream failed to load (won't matter).
ERROR Error while Initializing VGMStream: No se puede cargar el archivo DLL 'libvgmstream': No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado. (Excepción de HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
WARN Warning: VGMStream can't load 'D:\Smash\vol\content\sound\bgm\snd_bgm_CRS02_Senjyou.nus3bank'. Either the file isn't a real nus3bank (bad!) or VGMStream failed to load (won't matter).

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey it's that time where everyone needs to ask questions for a newly introduced hack, so here I am!

I try to add tracks, and the game freezes as soon as I go to My Music, Sound Test, or the Stage Selection screen. I thought I followed all of the steps in the linked video to the letter, so maybe I missed something?

Last edited by A Generic User,

vaanrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

I'm getting this error when specifying my game folder:

Code:
5/20/2016 1:04:01 PM WARN : The filesize of dt00/dt01 doesn't match the region set in your config (USA). You will not be able to extract from LS.
5/20/2016 1:04:01 PM INFO : It seems that the size of your dt00/dt01 files match the (USA) region. You might want to edit your config file: 1 is for JPN, 2 is for USA, 3 is for EUR.

So first it says the files don't match my region, then says they do? Anyway, I'm unable to extract anything, just like it says. I checked the config file and it is set to 2 like it should be. I had no issues with these files using the old version of the program.

Conansboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same issue is going on with me. With 0.04, building and running in-game went smoothly, but using 0.06.1 is producing mod files that SDCaffeine isn't adding to the game regardless of the nature of the mod (I've tried adding and rearranging music, as well as the texture mods i was working with prior). If it helps, Unlike segtendo i haven't updated to smash 1.1.6, I'm still working with 1.1.5, and I'm still using a 224 full game dump to match.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same issue is going on with me. With 0.04, building and running in-game went smoothly, but using 0.06.1 is producing mod files that SDCaffeine isn't adding to the game regardless of the nature of the mod (I've tried adding and rearranging music, as well as the texture mods i was working with prior). If it helps, Unlike segtendo i haven't updated to smash 1.1.6, I'm still working with 1.1.5, and I'm still using a 224 full game dump to match.
when you build it, sm4sh explorer now creates a content folder instead of the patch files inside the relase folder, get those files in the content folder (patch, and sound) and put them on your sd card in the folder of your game ID. That fixed it for me.

Conansboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you build it, sm4sh explorer now creates a content folder instead of the patch files inside the relase folder, get those files in the content folder (patch, and sound) and put them on your sd card in the folder of your game ID. That fixed it for me.
Ah, I see. moved a few more files down the line huh? It's working again for me, so thanks for the help!

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, just kind of a quick question. So, is there any reason why the Songs don't display the titles "Remix" and "Original" when you add songs to the game at all? Not that it's a big deal or anything, just curious why it does that xP.

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question. Once I add custom music into the files needed using Sm4shSound, do I place the files in SD/[ID]/sound/bgm with their new names, or do the files handle that themselves?

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been on Discord with Demonslayer, troubleshooting on how the extra music slots aren't being added. I've double and triple checked to make sure that they're in the right name format, they're linked to my music, etc.

AND STILL NOTHING.

God dammit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: