Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been on Discord with Demonslayer, troubleshooting on how the extra music slots aren't being added. I've double and triple checked to make sure that they're in the right name format, they're linked to my music, etc.

AND STILL NOTHING.

God dammit.
Yeah. I'm having the same issue when trying to add J-E-N-O-V-A on the Midgar stage. Did everything it told me and still nothing :/.

Inferior653

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like a common issue. Not even names of existing songs work when changed with Sm4shMusic, which MSBT Editor Reloaded can do currently.

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading the sound.msbt file in the msbt editor doesn't yield a very....how should I say, promising output. All the entries excluding the ones for tracks are missing (meaning the "original" and "remix" entries and such are gone). Though I can't say if that's a symptom or a result.

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not answering / fixing faster, pretty busy weekend IRL:

Sm4shExplorer 0.06.1 seems to not parse correctly the meta file for Europe: http://imgur.com/a/0Aiug But then it seems to work fine.
It shouldn't matter but I have extra folders surrounding the needed ones. I dumped my game with 1.1.5 and so added _224_1.1.5 at the end of the name of meta, code and patch folders just to have some backup (without copying the big dt files) before putting in the updated folders (even if only the meta.xml file from meta and nothing from code is needed for S4E).
Indeed extra folders shouldnt matter. Thanks for the report on european meta file. I will double check it, meanwhile you can just change the value manually if it's not correct. Not a big deal.

is posting in this thread the proper way to go about making feature requests? because having an msbt editor to go along with PARAM would be pretty great. i noticed sm4shsound adds strings to the msbt, and that's something that would be useful for melee.msbt
Best way is really through github to make sure to keep track of them.
I actually had this feature in mind, but I wanted to ask the creator of MSBT editor before integrating his tool

The config XML saves perfectly and building the modifications makes the files in the workspace. The issue is that the files in the workspace seem to be the vanilla files from the original 1.1.6 patch (checked as sound.msbt should have SOUND522 modified but is not)
EDIT: In-game, no changes in My Music OR Sound Test appear, and the "Original" and "Remix" text is completely gone, though the red or black backgrounds of such text are still present
Indeed the sound.msbt in your workspace should be modified, unless you have an error in the console that somehow made the compilation fail. Not sure what you mean by texts being gone? Are you saying all the musics have the original and remix text removed or...?

IDK what I'm doing wrong here.
Okay. So I'm able to edit and add titles and music in Sm4shMusic. No problem. However, when I boot up the game, the extra music isn't there. Is there something I'm doing wrong? They're overwritten in Sm4shExplorer, but the game isn't loading them.
I have the latest Smash update (v288), if that matters.
Make sure In Sound Test and Region USA / EUR is checked. It fixes the problem. Also if you still have issues, try doing it from scratch. Remove the files related to Sm4shMusic from your workspace, add one single song to like, battlefield, use the same properties as the first sound. It should work no problem.

ERROR Error while Initializing VGMStream: No se puede cargar el archivo DLL 'libvgmstream': No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado. (Excepción de HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
WARN Warning: VGMStream can't load 'D:\Smash\vol\content\sound\bgm\snd_bgm_CRS02_Senjyou.nus3bank'. Either the file isn't a real nus3bank (bad!) or VGMStream failed to load (won't matter).
Read troubleshooting in first post. No fix as long as nobody is willing to use the tools to see what the error really is (resmon.exe and stuff)

So first it says the files don't match my region, then says they do? Anyway, I'm unable to extract anything, just like it says. I checked the config file and it is set to 2 like it should be. I had no issues with these files using the old version of the program.
That is actually weird since the method to test it is the same in both case. Can you give me the exact size of your dt00/dt01 file (in byte, not Kbyte). Also, what is set up in your config file? What region and version?
Also this check wasnt there before, it was added thanks to people complaining about not being able to extract but also not reading about the neccessity of having dt01/dt00 in your content folder.

So, just kind of a quick question. So, is there any reason why the Songs don't display the titles "Remix" and "Original" when you add songs to the game at all? Not that it's a big deal or anything, just curious why it does that xP.
Screen? What do you mean it doesnt appear?

Question. Once I add custom music into the files needed using Sm4shSound, do I place the files in SD/[ID]/sound/bgm with their new names, or do the files handle that themselves?
This is confusing, you won't see custom song in the tool unless you put them in sound/bgm, so they already need to be in the right format.

In general lots of questions are way too vague to answer precisely, we tested with US and english for example.
It looks like a common issue. Not even names of existing songs work when changed with Sm4shMusic, which MSBT Editor Reloaded can do currently.
Well it works here and for beta tester, so there's obviously something being done wrong.

Generally, you need to provide more info about your environment to maybe detect a pattern of the errors you have. If DSX8 and the other testers and I can make it work with our environment and not yours, we must just find the difference in our configurations.

EternalSaiyan96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same "no remix/original text" issue. Added an extra slot to Midgar just fine, custom tile and description and all work, song itself works, just no "remix" or "original" text. Only the red and grey bars they go in front of.

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same "no remix/original text" issue. Added an extra slot to Midgar just fine, custom tile and description and all work, song itself works, just no "remix" or "original" text. Only the red and grey bars they go in front of.
This one I might have an idea, will need to make sure when ill be able to debug

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not answering / fixing faster, pretty busy weekend IRL:

Indeed extra folders shouldnt matter. Thanks for the report on european meta file. I will double check it, meanwhile you can just change the value manually if it's not correct. Not a big deal.

Best way is really through github to make sure to keep track of them.
I actually had this feature in mind, but I wanted to ask the creator of MSBT editor before integrating his tool

Indeed the sound.msbt in your workspace should be modified, unless you have an error in the console that somehow made the compilation fail. Not sure what you mean by texts being gone? Are you saying all the musics have the original and remix text removed or...?

Make sure In Sound Test and Region USA / EUR is checked. It fixes the problem. Also if you still have issues, try doing it from scratch. Remove the files related to Sm4shMusic from your workspace, add one single song to like, battlefield, use the same properties as the first sound. It should work no problem.

Read troubleshooting in first post. No fix as long as nobody is willing to use the tools to see what the error really is (resmon.exe and stuff)

That is actually weird since the method to test it is the same in both case. Can you give me the exact size of your dt00/dt01 file (in byte, not Kbyte). Also, what is set up in your config file? What region and version?
Also this check wasnt there before, it was added thanks to people complaining about not being able to extract but also not reading about the neccessity of having dt01/dt00 in your content folder.

Screen? What do you mean it doesnt appear?

This is confusing, you won't see custom song in the tool unless you put them in sound/bgm, so they already need to be in the right format.

In general lots of questions are way too vague to answer precisely, we tested with US and english for example.

Well it works here and for beta tester, so there's obviously something being done wrong.

Generally, you need to provide more info about your environment to maybe detect a pattern of the errors you have. If DSX8 and the other testers and I can make it work with our environment and not yours, we must just find the difference in our configurations.
Here's an example from twitter.

proxy.jpg

Also, a lot of people are having the same exact issue trying to add music slots (myself included). So it might be something to look into if the game isn't reading the files correctly as we've all checked everything to make sure and everything seems fine until we actually start playing the game...

Last edited by epicmartin7,

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Reading the sound.msbt file in the msbt editor doesn't yield a very....how should I say, promising output. All the entries excluding the ones for tracks are missing (meaning the "original" and "remix" entries and such are gone). Though I can't say if that's a symptom or a result."

Check your sound.msbt file to verify?

Inferior653

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently using Sm4shExplorer 0.06.1, Sm4shSound 0.03, Patch v288 USA, English language, full dump + patch (not including original movies), all BGM in /sound/bgm/.

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's an example from twitter.

proxy.jpg

Also, a lot of people are having the same exact issue trying to add music slots (myself included). So it might be something to look into if the game isn't reading the files correctly as we've all checked everything to make sure and everything seems fine until we actually start playing the game...
Your example show files actually showing up... so Im not sure what example is that...

RobSir_zx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have skimmed through this thread and I am having 2 issues that have been mentioned but I'm not certain of a solution that will work for me. They are:
1. sm4shmusic plugin not working (see below for error log)
Code:
5/20/2016 3:43:38 PM INFO : Sm4shMusic: BGM List refreshed.
5/20/2016 3:43:39 PM ERROR: Error while Initializing VGMStream: Unable to load DLL 'libvgmstream': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
5/20/2016 3:43:39 PM WARN : Warning: VGMStream can't load 'C:\Smash\vol\content\sound\bgm\snd_bgm_CRS02_Senjyou.nus3bank'. Either the file isn't a real nus3bank (bad!) or VGMStream failed to load (won't matter).
5/20/2016 3:43:39 PM ERROR: Error while Initializing VGMStream: Unable to load DLL 'libvgmstream': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
2. Nothing can be dragged into the sm4shexplorer window (as if it were coming from a zip or archive).
I'd appreciate any response. :)

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your example show files actually showing up... so Im not sure what example is that...
Sorry for the confusion. That was for the issue of"Remix" and "Original" banners not showing up.

Tried hurrying just a little I guess :P.

Anyways, here's what I did to add the music.

upload_2016-5-20_20-13-32.png

upload_2016-5-20_20-14-3.png

upload_2016-5-20_20-14-38.png

upload_2016-5-20_20-15-3.png
This is what I did and put everything at, even though it still won't display the songs on Midgar. I'll see if I can get more photos...

Last edited by epicmartin7,

AmNavySeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
With Sm4sh Music 0.1, the text for the Remix status (Remix, New Remix or Original) and the Game of Origin wouldn't show up.

With 0.3, not a single extra track shows up. Not even Lost in Thoughts All Alone (JP), which I enabled to appear with the plugin.

And by what I've seen here, many have the same problems.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the confusion. That was for the "Remix" and "Original" banners not showing up.

Tried hurrying just a little I guess :P.

Anyways, here's what I did to add the music.

This is what I did, even though it still won't display the songs on Midgar. I'll see if I can get more photos...
You can try taking off the DLC option and make it a core game sound. Also make sure you rename the content folder the gameid from the release folder and put that on your SD Card or alternatively put the patch and sound files from that folder onto the game id folder on your SD Card.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try taking off the DLC option and make it a core game sound. Also make sure you rename the content folder the gameid from the release folder and put that on your SD Card or alternatively put the patch and sound files from that folder onto the game id folder on your SD Card.
Well, it is the correct ID as I have put mods on there in the past and they've worked perfectly fine. I'll try to see if the Base Game option works then I'll report back.

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, too many questions is getting way too confusing so here's what we're gonna do.

I'd like two people who have a US 288 game with a working environment who are available for IM (discord, telegram or skype ) for the next 6 hours and who are having the msbt issue.
Please only people who know what they are doing and are willing to provide screen and share their workspace.

We're gonna solve it efficiently :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: