Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heyyy so

The new version keeps rejecting my dt00/dt01 files. Not sure why, I dumped them myself a bit ago, and updated my files through uWizard. Any ideas Denio? Heck, what exactly is the check in place for? I never had problems before, so I'm curious.

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because there are lots of misunderstandings or questions doesn't mean the prog is faulty. (not always anyway xD)

I'm gonna repeat, again, but so far the 2 bugs that are known as "bugs" and not user error are:
- libvgmstream not loading
- remix/original not showing up
- "maybe" label region eur/us and region jap swapped by mistake, so just check both (as well as in sound test of course)
And that's it.

Just guided someone through the whole process step by step and I got it working for him.

More generally, people need to understand how to build a mod works BEFORE even bothering with Sm4shMusic.
These tools are not made for end user who are completely new to Wii U scene, uwizard, dumping games and etc. If you have issues with even getting your environment clean (without warning/error), try to fix them first, try to make a small mod working with sm4shexplorer first, and then try sm4shmusic.

Went step by step with someone on discord and basically they thought the vanilla patch was not needed and only the content of export/content/patch needed to be on the SD.
Well, I can understand why you would get to think that, but what i mean is, try to actually understand how it works behind, a small folder of a few megas will likely not contains almost 2GB worth of data.

So my point is, if you are too confused, wait for a very very detailed guide, I won't guide everyone to make them understand what they're doing wrong, need to spend time actually fixing what needs to be fixed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

heyyy so

The new version keeps rejecting my dt00/dt01 files. Not sure why, I dumped them myself a bit ago, and updated my files through uWizard. Any ideas Denio? Heck, what exactly is the check in place for? I never had problems before, so I'm curious.
Never had problems before cause the check wasnt there.

Check was added cause people randomly said extracting was causing errors in 0.04.

it checks if dt00/dt01 is in content, and it checks the size to make sure the right game region is setup.
jpn is 1 in the xml, usa is 2, eur is 3

I've had one report saying that a euro game throw an exception with selectedindex, I need to check that by myself, I havent tried EUR in a while.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because there are lots of misunderstandings or questions doesn't mean the prog is faulty. (not always anyway xD)

I'm gonna repeat, again, but so far the 2 bugs that are known as "bugs" and not user error are:
- "maybe" label region eur/us and region jap swapped by mistake, so just check both (as well as in sound test of course)
And that's it.

Just guided someone through the whole process step by step and I got it working for him.

More generally, people need to understand how to build a mod works BEFORE even bothering with Sm4shMusic.
These tools are not made for end user who are completely new to Wii U scene, uwizard, dumping games and etc. If you have issues with even getting your environment clean (without warning/error), try to fix them first, try to make a small mod working with sm4shexplorer first, and then try sm4shmusic.

Went step by step with someone on discord and basically they thought the vanilla patch was not needed and only the content of export/content/patch needed to be on the SD.
Well, I can understand why you would get to think that, but what i mean is, try to actually understand how it works behind, a small folder of a few megas will likely not contains almost 2GB worth of data.

So my point is, if you are too confused, wait for a very very detailed guide, I won't guide everyone to make them understand what they're doing wrong, need to spend time actually fixing what needs to be fixed.
Yep. Got kinda confused but worked things out in the end. At least we boiled it down. I do want to thank you for your cooperation. It did help me quite a lot and will probably help others.

AmNavySeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Okay but have you tried the version you put up for download? It's just not working, the extra music does not show up. While it did show up for me in 0.1, following the exact same steps.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^What he said.

Dude. There's obviously a problem if none of us can get additional music working with SmashMusic 0.3.

I'm not doubting your programming skill. This is an amazing too. It's just plainly visible that no one can get it working.
Have you tried combining the vanilla 288 patch data with the mod data on the SD Card?

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And that's it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Never had problems before cause the check wasnt there.

Check was added cause people randomly said extracting was causing errors in 0.04.

it checks if dt00/dt01 is in content, and it checks the size to make sure the right game region is setup.
jpn is 1 in the xml, usa is 2, eur is 3

I've had one report saying that a euro game throw an exception with selectedindex, I need to check that by myself, I havent tried EUR in a while.

I mean, I know the check wasn't there before. But I never had any issues extracting any files in the older versions either. I mean, I dumped the files myself, so I don't see where the error could be coming from.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay but have you tried the version you put up for download? It's just not working, the extra music does not show up. While it did show up for me in 0.1, following the exact same steps.
So then the plugin's at fault then? Thank god, I've wasted like 1 hour trying to get the damn thing to work. If you still have 0.1, can you upload it? Thanks.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait. Won't that overwrite my files? Or do I put the patch in, the the mods?
Just back-up your mods somewhere, and clear the patch folder on your SD Card. Then put the vanilla update files on your SD. Then you can merge and overwrite the update files with the mods you have.

Baggy Scraggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just back-up your mods somewhere, and clear the patch folder on your SD Card. Then put the vanilla update files on your SD. Then you can merge and overwrite the update files with the mods you have.

So, on top of dumping the update with DDD, you also need to put v288 on your SD card? My folder containing all the patches for textures is only 600 MB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1