Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

condector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You really should stay away of all in one packages IF YOU DON'T KNOW REALLY WHAT EACH THING IS AND HOW WORKS. read the https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy guide to understand the basics and then you can handle your console by yourself.
Mr impeeza, maybe you need to quote the original guy that post about the package. :P

I agree with you. It is better to read about and do it by yourself, but, considering his question, I imagine that maybe was clever to him to ask from whom he get the package at all. :yay:

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
for a new comer trying to understand things, the rentry guide is confusing within the first few lines... I still talks about fusee.bin although this is supposed to be obsolete in favour of atmosphere/package3, isn't it?
No is not, Fusee.bin is the payload, the fusee.bin code then loads Package3 file.

also you can use Hekate as payload, then instruct Hekate to Load Fusee.bin or directly Package3 (recommended)

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is Package3 recommended over booting with the modded version of fusee.bin? I usually do the opposite...

Thanks for all your help!
Snakes says to use Hekate FSSO, fishes say to use Fusee so yeah... Hekate is also faster to boot but I don't see much difference at least not using autoboot...

I like using fusee cause for some reason with Hekate FSS0 I can't play games above my FW while with with fusee I'm on FW 17.0.1 and can play FW18 games without needing to update.

But now that fusee doesnt support sigpatches, it's likely that a lot of people might prefer to use FSS0 with hekate sigpatches or have to use modded fusee payload or have to use sys-patch system module and I like the less modules the better for me.

I'm using modded fusee payload with old FW 18 sigpatches and it's working fine here.

Reactions: alcab

TomSwitch

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or have to use sys-patch system module and I like the less modules the better for me.
Without knowing much about sys-patch implementation detail I like to ask this question to those who knows, is there really any impact to the memory space since it looks like sys-patch get loaded, do the hack and exit so there should be no extra price to pay as with other methods?

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is Package3 recommended over booting with the modded version of fusee.bin? I usually do the opposite...

Thanks for all your help!
KISS principle. Fusee is stage 1 loader that does all the system initialization before you can load into the os. Hekate is an alternative stage 1 loader, if you chain load fusee through hekate you're running two bootloader back to back for no reason when hekate is already capable of doing everything fusee does on its own

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
KISS principle. Fusee is stage 1 loader that does all the system initialization before you can load into the os. Hekate is an alternative stage 1 loader, if you chain load fusee through hekate you're running two bootloader back to back for no reason when hekate is already capable of doing everything fusee does on its own
You could just run fusee directly without Hekate. That's what I do

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just run fusee directly without Hekate. That's what I do
Yeah, you can. but since hekate has a lot of other useful functionality, people usually already have it and already boot to it anyway, and then it becomes a case of "do I put fss0 in my config or chain load fusee" and I have a hard time finding a use case for chain loading fusee from hekate

By that same principle if you dont need hekate functionality, then fusee is the better choice because it only does the bare minimum necessary

TomSwitch

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you can. but since hekate has a lot of other useful functionality, people usually already have it and already boot to it anyway, and then it becomes a case of "do I put fss0 in my config or chain load fusee" and I have a hard time finding a use case for chain loading fusee from hekate

By that same principle if you dont need hekate functionality, then fusee is the better choice because it only does the bare minimum necessary
using fusee has one less dependency, you can use hekate 5.5 for example and never need to update and that is what I have been using since 5.5 and is still 5.5 now for me and I don't have to update it. Not that I am those super early adopter that can't wait for hekate to get updated to support what ever is new from Nintendo, I just like less effort.

Last edited by TomSwitch,
Reactions: 4d1xlaan

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more thing too is that you know fusee is going to work, while it's not necessarily guaranteed that hekate will always set things up correctly. It's one extra point of failure and you wont get support from atmosphere for issues caused by hekate

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@impeeza any reason why not just have sys-patch alone? I am using your sys-patch-1.5.1_Updated-PR.zip should I change to your newer release?
As I had told before they both are complementary use the one you like it both
Post automatically merged:

Snakes says to use Hekate FSSO, fishes say to use Fusee so yeah... Hekate is also faster to boot but I don't see much difference at least not using autoboot...

I like using fusee cause for some reason with Hekate FSS0 I can't play games above my FW while with with fusee I'm on FW 17.0.1 and can play FW18 games without needing to update.

But now that fusee doesnt support sigpatches, it's likely that a lot of people might prefer to use FSS0 with hekate sigpatches or have to use modded fusee payload or have to use sys-patch system module and I like the less modules the better for me.

I'm using modded fusee payload with old FW 18 sigpatches and it's working fine here.
Because you need to build a modified fusee.Bin version

Reactions: Blythe93

kenshinsano

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, since the update of Switch and Atmosphere, my hbmenu.nsp (on main screen EmuMMC) dosent work
Sigpatches updtaed too
Trieds to reinstall the nsp but same probleme
Do you know maybe please how to fix it ?

Redverd

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Help please.
I can't start the game SMTV: Vengeance

My switch says:
"Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again."

From my search I assume the problem to be sigpatches, so I download the latest I could find but it didn't work

My switch is on fw 18.0.0 and AMS 1.7.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    now THAT made me laugh.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I cant see it @Xdqwerty
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its cause you guys are kids, that joke went over your heads, sorry I don't know too many kids jokes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pay to chat on gbatemp in 2015
    Join date 2024
    +1
  • Nemesis90 @ Nemesis90:
    @Kirbydogs No different than now other than cultural differences. Forums have always had community drama and infamous users.
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    @K3Nv2 only reason why I said that was because 2015 seems for civil than 2024
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You must be new to the internet
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine the tears if temp had downvotes
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Civil? I mean this isn't really a kids chatroom, you are supposed to 15+, which you admitted that you are not even.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's pretty common for one person thinking they can come in and just change an entire community that's older than them
    +2
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    Fair enough
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    We should take a breather, I guess we all got a little excited there.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Be glad some sites ban just because they don't like you
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all cool. Much love to all. No more jokes from me today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get it their heads or so attached that some sites are like second life's to them that's where they get over emotional over something that doesn't even matter just don't care what others say online
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    and it's friday we should all be uploading GIFs or I have another temper tantrum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Almost October and it's still 95 out
    +2
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    this is a webp... from GIPHY. GIF-EE.
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    @K3Nv2 where are you, arizona?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I would appreciate if when you post a YouTube link/ picture you can provide context or a description
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty my browser doest let me see things at times
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, its a clip of dk saying "not funny, didnt laugh"
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, its a clip of dk saying "not funny, didnt laugh"