Ship of Harkinian (Ocarina of Time) Wii U Port

This is a port of Ship of Harkinian to the Wii U. Ship of Harkinian is a PC port of Ocarina of Time allowing you to enjoy the game with modern controls, widescreen, high-resolution, and other great features!
Check out the awesome project here!

Quick Start

• Requires a supported copy of the game (See supported games below).
The instructions below haven't been updated in a while. Join the official Discord for updated builds and support.

Releases:

1. Download the Khan Charlie 6.1.2 .zip from here or the #downloads channel on the official Discord.
  2. Download the PC OTRGui version from here.
  3. Use OTRGui to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC version, you can use that as well.
  4. Copy the oot.otr file to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Nightly Builds:
:!:
The nightly builds come with up-to-date features, but are experimental. Use at your own risk.
  1. Download the latest soh-wiiu and soh-windows artifact.
  2. Use OTRGui from the soh-windows.zip to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC nightly version, you can use that as well.
  3. Copy the oot.otr file and the contents of the soh-wiiu.zip to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Supported Games

Ocarina of Time Debug (not Master Quest)
Currently the recommended option
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:49:18` (year-month-day)
sha1: cee6bc3c2a634b41728f2af8da54d9bf8cc14099
Ocarina of Time PAL GameCube
May lead to crashes and instability
Code:
sha1: 0227d7c0074f2d0ac935631990da8ec5914597b4
Ocarina of Time Debug PAL GC MQ
Dungeons will be Master Quest
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:16:31` (year-month-day)
sha1: 079b855b943d6ad8bd1eb026c0ed169ecbdac7da (Produced by decomp)
sha1: 50bebedad9e0f10746a52b07239e47fa6c284d03 (Alternate)

:download:Download (Release Khan Charlie 6.1.2)
:arrow:Changelog
:download:Downloads (Nighly)
:arrow:Source code

TODO

Known bugs and issues

Let me know if there are any bugs or issues while playing the game. If these have not been reported yet, consider opening an issue on the GitHub repository.

Missing features​

• Three-point filtering
  • MSAA (pretty pointless on Wii U)
Credits

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we have success, thanks for the help @GaryOderNichts :

1652551244666.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Controversial Opinion time. For this game i would rather have a solid 30fps like the 3ds version rather than 60fps.
maybe play the nso one. I don't know if that's even 30fps, but I didn't notice any major slowdowns while going through the game. it was good enough for me, just wish it was widescreen. I had those bars with nso games.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
maybe play the nso one. I don't know if that's even 30fps, but I didn't notice any major slowdowns while going through the game. it was good enough for me, just wish it was widescreen. I had those bars with nso games.
NSO is still the N64 version so that runs at like 21 fps if i remember correctly?

Steffenfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do we run this off the Homebrew Channel each and every time or is it possible to install directly on the Wii U home menu thingy?

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Reactions: Steffenfield

T00nist8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I installed the Wii u channel file and did put soh.rpx and oot.otr in the file location, but when I clicked on the channel it stayed on the black screen. Is there something I’m missing?
Try downloading the latest nightly build from GitHub actions. It fixes a crash if you have empty lines in the cvars file.
Ok, I did just that and I still get a black screen. Does this work with the Haxchi method?

Reactions: ArgoRV

Steffenfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Steffenfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I can now get there using the Homebrew Launcher App in the Wii U Menu, not needing to be online and use the web browser anymore.

It's still the same though, only showing "soh/soh.rpx" to launch the title, no boot or thumbnail image.

Fair enough.

At least I can get there so I'm super happy. :)

tastymeatball

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the assets dumper (OTRGui) is broken. I let it run 3 times over the same ROM and it gave me 3 different oot.otr with different file sizes. Sometimes it freezes completely. Maybe this is the problem a few have because of incomplete/broken asset dumps.

FelipeMr98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think the assets dumper (OTRGui) is broken. I let it run 3 times over the same ROM and it gave me 3 different oot.otr with different file sizes. Sometimes it freezes completely. Maybe this is the problem a few have because of incomplete/broken asset dumps.
yes, it could be that or maybe an incompatibility with the rom, I've already tested with other versions of otrgui and other roms but I still haven't been successful

Reactions: T00nist8

FelipeMr98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i tried to use the same oot.otr file in the pc version and it worked normally so that's not the problem, maybe it could be the shipofharkinian.ini that is generated automatically but without any configuration parameter inside, I tried to use the same as the pc version but still no results

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Game runs perfect for me, however @ploggy 's forwarder freezes in a light blue screen:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ship-of-harkinian-ocarina-of-time-wii-u-port.612074/post-9823376

I have verified the filepath, it is ok
SD:/wiiu/apps/soh/oot.otr
SD:/wiiu/apps/soh/soh.rpx
only thing different is the cvars.cfg file is also added on the soh folder

I have tiramisu. Is anyone else having that issue with the forwarder?

Also, can someone post a quick tutorial on how to remap the buttons on the gamepad? I would like to change A&B Buttons for B&Y (as original alignement on N64 controller) I read the main post from gary but i did not understand. is it possible?

Still hoping to see some PadCon feature soon *cross fingers*

Last edited by ArgoRV,
Reactions: FelipeMr98

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game runs perfect for me, however @ploggy 's forwarder freezes in a light blue screen:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ship-of-harkinian-ocarina-of-time-wii-u-port.612074/post-9823376

Also, can someone post a quick tutorial on how to remap the buttons on the gamepad? I would like to change A&B Buttons for B&Y (as original alignement on N64 controller) I read the main post from gary but i did not understand. is it possible?

Still hoping to see some PadCon feature soon *cross fingers*
I think I might be able to do that as I think I know where that's located. Pro controller or gamepad?

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I think I might be able to do that as I think I know where that's located. Pro controller or gamepad?
On the gamepad. i am just working on it, i think i figure it out, thank you. If i get it done, or need help, i let you know

update:
Done, To remap the Gamepad where:
Y=Sword
B=Action
just change the values on shipofharkinian.ini to the ones provided by @GaryOderNichts on the original post
Sin título.png

this way you will have the button layout more similar to the one on n64

Last edited by ArgoRV,

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Try downloading the latest nightly build from GitHub actions. It fixes a crash if you have empty lines in the cvars file.

Fixed with latest build. It worked only once. The issue continues

Last edited by ArgoRV,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the gamepad. i am just working on it, i think i figure it out, thank you. If i get it done, or need help, i let you know

update:
Done, To remap the Gamepad where:
Y=Sword
B=Action
just change the values on shipofharkinian.ini to the ones provided by @GaryOderNichts on the original post
View attachment 310019
I was just about to look for it in the source code, and I think I found all mappings. I guess it's not needed anymore. Would've taken a while on slow laptop.

Reactions: ArgoRV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la