Ship of Harkinian (Ocarina of Time) Wii U Port

This is a port of Ship of Harkinian to the Wii U. Ship of Harkinian is a PC port of Ocarina of Time allowing you to enjoy the game with modern controls, widescreen, high-resolution, and other great features!
Check out the awesome project here!

Quick Start

• Requires a supported copy of the game (See supported games below).
The instructions below haven't been updated in a while. Join the official Discord for updated builds and support.

Releases:

1. Download the Khan Charlie 6.1.2 .zip from here or the #downloads channel on the official Discord.
  2. Download the PC OTRGui version from here.
  3. Use OTRGui to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC version, you can use that as well.
  4. Copy the oot.otr file to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Nightly Builds:
:!:
The nightly builds come with up-to-date features, but are experimental. Use at your own risk.
  1. Download the latest soh-wiiu and soh-windows artifact.
  2. Use OTRGui from the soh-windows.zip to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC nightly version, you can use that as well.
  3. Copy the oot.otr file and the contents of the soh-wiiu.zip to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Supported Games

Ocarina of Time Debug (not Master Quest)
Currently the recommended option
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:49:18` (year-month-day)
sha1: cee6bc3c2a634b41728f2af8da54d9bf8cc14099
Ocarina of Time PAL GameCube
May lead to crashes and instability
Code:
sha1: 0227d7c0074f2d0ac935631990da8ec5914597b4
Ocarina of Time Debug PAL GC MQ
Dungeons will be Master Quest
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:16:31` (year-month-day)
sha1: 079b855b943d6ad8bd1eb026c0ed169ecbdac7da (Produced by decomp)
sha1: 50bebedad9e0f10746a52b07239e47fa6c284d03 (Alternate)

:download:Download (Release Khan Charlie 6.1.2)
:arrow:Changelog
:download:Downloads (Nighly)
:arrow:Source code

TODO

Known bugs and issues

Let me know if there are any bugs or issues while playing the game. If these have not been reported yet, consider opening an issue on the GitHub repository.

Missing features​

• Three-point filtering
  • MSAA (pretty pointless on Wii U)
Credits

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Maybe it is a known issue, but my game crashed in the Dodongo's Cavern, after hitting the moving statue with a bomb. It could be fine if you let it move first, I haven't tried. Other than that and the texture problem in the Hyrule Field's roads, it works flawless.

Last edited by Deleted member 323844,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think ship of harkinian will be released on the series x, xbone next, because gamr's discord mentions a glimpse of the game on May 13th. I'm assuming he's talking about the xbox, since it's an xbox discord.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe it is a known issue, but my game crashed in the Dodongo's Cavern, after hitting the moving statue with a bomb. It could be fine if you let it move first, I haven't tried. Other than that and the texture problem in the Hyrule Field's roads, it works flawless.

View attachment 309497
Can you PM me the latest log file under "storage_slc/logs" using ftpiiu everywhere?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm stupid. I could never get this to work on PC, no matter if I downloaded the exact date and author snapshot from the ROM they said was needed.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't see the appeal of a Zeebo port. It is an expensive and hard to jailbreak (hardware, of course) device. That port exists just because /bin/cat (usernameAK) is the author of Melange, a BREW emulator/wrapper for Android, which runs BREW apps natively on the phone's hardware. I think it was just a test, not a serious project.
It's true, but I find it fascinating that ports like this exist.

I also don't see the appeal of ports like Street Fighter 2 for the Virtual Boy being that it's an expensive and failed console that few will have the chance to own one, but it exists and it's amazing.

I love seeing things like that, when the Super Mario 64 Open Source project came out it wasn't the PC mods that excited me, but seeing people porting everything to the platform, we have Super Mario 64 DS but still someone wanted to port to Nintendo DS , heck, it even had a port for DOS and Game Maker and that's completely unnecessary, but it's so amazing to see.

It reminds me of the Doom days, when people tried to make Doom run on as many platforms as possible, no matter how unnecessary.

What excites me the most about this Ocarina of Time Open Source project is that, seeing the craziest platforms people will port, maybe we'll see a Nintendo DS port and finally have a full 3D Zelda on the DS, who knows?, I know there is no need for a Zeebo port, I think currently there is only one active group about Zeebo with people who play Zeebo is the Zeebo Club on Facebook so it would be a port that just a few people would play but it would be crazy to see that happening and I would even get excited to try running it on my Zeebo.

I remember I already said something like that when they ported Sonic 1 to the SNES, there were people who didn't see the slightest need for it, but I just thought it was insane to see Sonic running on my SNES and I could play at any time on my SNES.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I made a set of TGA files, your welcome to use them if you like the look of them :D

bootDrcTex.png
bootTVTex.png
iconTex.png

Attachments

• SOH WiiU tga files.zip
    323.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited by ploggy,

HeadstrongWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just so happened to have the idea to google to see if the Wii U port happened, and much to my surprise, it has! Thank you so much for this precompiled download. Tried to do it myself but I'm clueless.

Anyone know if there's a plan for a 3DS Port?
Would love to have that Circle Pad pro support, 60 fps etc. Excited to see the possibilities.

HeadstrongWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually went all the way and made a full forwarder channel too but I dont know if gary is going to make an official one later on so didnt post it :P
I was juuuust about to ask if anyone had done this! (Would you mind DMing me a link?)

I tried finding one for Super Mario 64 Port but I couldn't locate one, and I couldn't make one myself. I'm kinda oblivious.

The excitement surrounding this project makes me want to do a playthrough again.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Weird, using the correct version and the OTRGui gives me an error

[2022-05-10 20:29:25.720]
[Archive.cpp:427] (2) Failed to open main mpq file C:\Users\alaka\Desktop\zelda wiiu\OTRGui_BE\oot.otr

Worked anyway... ok

Ao cool!!

Last edited by The Frenchman,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o