Ship of Harkinian (Ocarina of Time) Wii U Port

This is a port of Ship of Harkinian to the Wii U. Ship of Harkinian is a PC port of Ocarina of Time allowing you to enjoy the game with modern controls, widescreen, high-resolution, and other great features!
Check out the awesome project here!

Quick Start

• Requires a supported copy of the game (See supported games below).
The instructions below haven't been updated in a while. Join the official Discord for updated builds and support.

Releases:

1. Download the Khan Charlie 6.1.2 .zip from here or the #downloads channel on the official Discord.
  2. Download the PC OTRGui version from here.
  3. Use OTRGui to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC version, you can use that as well.
  4. Copy the oot.otr file to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Nightly Builds:
:!:
The nightly builds come with up-to-date features, but are experimental. Use at your own risk.
  1. Download the latest soh-wiiu and soh-windows artifact.
  2. Use OTRGui from the soh-windows.zip to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC nightly version, you can use that as well.
  3. Copy the oot.otr file and the contents of the soh-wiiu.zip to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Supported Games

Ocarina of Time Debug (not Master Quest)
Currently the recommended option
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:49:18` (year-month-day)
sha1: cee6bc3c2a634b41728f2af8da54d9bf8cc14099
Ocarina of Time PAL GameCube
May lead to crashes and instability
Code:
sha1: 0227d7c0074f2d0ac935631990da8ec5914597b4
Ocarina of Time Debug PAL GC MQ
Dungeons will be Master Quest
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:16:31` (year-month-day)
sha1: 079b855b943d6ad8bd1eb026c0ed169ecbdac7da (Produced by decomp)
sha1: 50bebedad9e0f10746a52b07239e47fa6c284d03 (Alternate)

:download:Download (Release Khan Charlie 6.1.2)
:arrow:Changelog
:download:Downloads (Nighly)
:arrow:Source code

TODO

Known bugs and issues

Let me know if there are any bugs or issues while playing the game. If these have not been reported yet, consider opening an issue on the GitHub repository.

Missing features​

• Three-point filtering
  • MSAA (pretty pointless on Wii U)
Credits

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,

meeeow

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I actually went all the way and made a full forwarder channel too but I dont know if gary is going to make an official one later on so didnt post it :P
Which procedure did you apply to create the channel? "Haxchi method"?

And: thank you, Gary! I started to (re)play OoT in Wii64 and stopped when I heard about SoH hoping someone would have the skills and dedication to create a native WiiU port. Thank you for making it happen!

Reactions: Pin1988

meeeow

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had to do it:

gary-is-a-fuckin-legend.png

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What a Frankenstein Monster is that?!
The project builds upon the aptly-named Zelda Reverse Engineering Team's reverse-engineered code for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, porting the game in its entirety to PC. Boasting many new features and improvements, the project adds HD visuals, the ability to add mods to the game, texture pack support, keyboard controls, and support for ultra-widescreen resolutions.
(Source: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-fan...lda-ocarina-of-time-has-been-released.609737/ )
A PC port of OoT allowing you to enjoy the game with modern controls, widescreen, high-resolution, gyroscopy and other great features!
(Souce: https://github.com/HarbourMasters/Shipwright/ - IIRC @GaryOderNichts plans gyro support for the Wii U, too)

Also this has some nice additions like 3d drop models, animated link at the pause menu and so on (you have to enable these goodies in some config file through as we don't have a config menu on the Wii U yet).

So I highly recommend this "monster" above the N64 version. Just try it for yourself, there's nothing to loose. ;)

Naster

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
(Source: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-fan...lda-ocarina-of-time-has-been-released.609737/ )

(Souce: https://github.com/HarbourMasters/Shipwright/ - IIRC @GaryOderNichts plans gyro support for the Wii U, too)

Also this has some nice additions like 3d drop models, animated link at the pause menu and so on (you have to enable these goodies in some config file through as we don't have a config menu on the Wii U yet).

So I highly recommend this "monster" above the N64 version. Just try it for yourself, there's nothing to loose. ;)
Thank No. I always prefer an original.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great comments, very useful to the community knowing you don't want to play it. I couldn't sleep not knowing...

Sorry but this pisses all over the original whuch ever way you wanna play it!

Reactions: n00bsaib0t

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which procedure did you apply to create the channel? "Haxchi method"?

And: thank you, Gary! I started to (re)play OoT in Wii64 and stopped when I heard about SoH hoping someone would have the skills and dedication to create a native WiiU port. Thank you for making it happen!
I hex editied hbl2hbc.rpx to change the sd card path to the soh's sd path and used that to make the Channel.. that way you can just replace the soh.rpx on the sd card when there's an update instead of re-installing a new Channel ;)

meeeow

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's cool! I was browsing gbatemp but could not put the pieces together to do it, too (e.g. I do not have a hbl2hbc.rpx but hbl2hbc.elf that cannot be used with NUSpacker, imo).

Could you share your raw files or point me to the thread/post? I would like to create a forwarder for cripsy-doom-u, too. Both ports deserve an icon in the menu!

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Um , why WiiU? Is this really worth it when you can play the gamecube and vc versions?
Actually... the Gamecube version is pretty crap all things considere (Not as bad as Majora's Mask GC but i'll say its the worse version of OOT) The VC version of OOT isn't as bad as people say, its mostly speedrunners having 10+ years of muscle memory with Wired Gamecube controllers that are the issue here, not the version itself. I would know, i use the Wii U VC version as my home console randomizer set up. But even then this is quite literally the Original OOT at it best so its actually superior to any emulated version out there by a longshot even in its vanilla state.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool