MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
transmutable said:
Oh thank you! That line of code worked brilliantly! Tweaked to my files, of course.
smile.gif
Gorramit, I thought I was sudo'd... *grumblegrumble* Thank you!
You're welcome. Usually, if you're unsure, use sudo for every command. Or you can use.... sudo su... I think, to perma-sudo yourself until you log off. However, that's BAD if you run Wine or if you let someone else use your computer.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is definitely interesting, indeed. I'm going to give this a try to see if it works.

I've always wanted to transfer Pokémon from NO$GBA to my DS.

Kikoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
awesome761 said:
capturerf.png

I drag a venasaur.pkm i got from the link Rydian posted onto the sendpkm.py and the picture above comes up. I go onto my DS, on the wifi options menu i change the primary DNS to 192.168.1.127, i wait about 5 min. And still in my PC nothing is there, or my party.
How did u get that window to appear in windows 7?.. mine pops in and out, and doesn't show up. It disapears.

demonslayer5545

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gr, I cant get it to work... I use a static IP on my computer so I manually put that in along with the default gateway and subnet thing. Found it by ipconfig/all. I also put in the DNS it said. I drag/drop and it says to set my DNS to 0.0.0.0 so I use the my pc IP as someone said earlier and its still not working. I can actually still get on the reg GTS... Any help please, I want the event pokemon I cant get anymore
frown.gif

snaggles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I was having the python command line screen start and then dissappear, but somehow it fixed itself. It may or may not have something to do with me running the py file without giving it the path to a pkm file, letting it compile the other two, as the other two .py files now have compiled versions below them. (.pyc)

Slurpkins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying this on a Windows XP pc and a Macbook and neither of them are working. On xp I keep getting the DNs 0.0.0.0 and the macbook says the address is in use. I am using an Apple Airport Express router, and I think that may be my problem. ipconfig says my ip is 10.0.1.x so I'm not sure if I would have to change my router to 192.168.x.x or if it will work with this at all.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
biggrin.gif

demonslayer5545

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine to work. Trying to figure out how to work pokesav now so I can make my own .pkm's and send them over. Just wanna use it for pokemon I can't find in HG and platinum. I know there is the GTS but come on, some people on there are just unreasonable. They want a lvl 100 arceus or something for a lvl 5 weedle... I've got the pokesav program and I've figured out most of the things, I just cant get it to make .pkm's to use to send to my plat/HG...

nuclearsnow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, as many people seem to have, am having the trouble with the disappearing command prompt. I'm operating windows XP and using the python 2.6.5. What happens is that I drag the pkm file that I want to sendpkm.py and the black command prompt will open up and quickly close, doing absolutely nothing. If anyone at all can sort this out, I'd be extremely grateful.

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nuclearsnow said:
I, as many people seem to have, am having the trouble with the disappearing command prompt. I'm operating windows XP and using the python 2.6.5. What happens is that I drag the pkm file that I want to sendpkm.py and the black command prompt will open up and quickly close, doing absolutely nothing. If anyone at all can sort this out, I'd be extremely grateful.
It does that when there's an error; chances are you have something else using port 80.

nuclearsnow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m2pt5 said:
nuclearsnow said:
It does that when there's an error; chances are you have something else using port 80.

Please Disregard my previous post. I worked it out myself. For me, and I'm not sure this is anyone else's problem, I didn't actually unzip the pkmlb, pokehaxlb, and sendpkm files. I made a folder on my desktop, unzipped the files to the folders location, then dragged the pokemon file I wanted to sendpkm and the command prompt stayed and gave me the dsn information. Hope this discovery helps anyone else. Also, thanks to everyone involved with this glorious discovery.

riot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.masterblasters.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
At first i got the 127.0.0.1 Error and had to disable Kaspersky for the script to show my real IP Adress.
After that, I couldn't connect to the GTC with my PC as DNS Server.

Here is my Solution for Vista/Windows 7:

If you have Win7 or Vista, the OS has per default 2 different firewall configurations. One for your home net, that means every Vista or Windows7 PC on your net and one for your public zone. (There really is a third, but this doesn't matter in this case)
When your DS connects to your PC, Vista/W7 treat the DS as an unknown device and ALL connections from and to it will be filtered by the firewall for the PUBLIC ZONE!

So what i did is not only disabling the Firewall for my home zone, but also for the public zone and suddenly it worked!

Remember, this is only for Windows Vista or Windows 7!

Kyohack

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokecheats.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
You do have python 2.6 installed, and not a 3.x version, right?
Yes, I have Python 2.6 installed.

I installed it a month ago to experiment with the 3D modeling program called blender (blender is python based), so I could implement 3D in my homebrew .NDS ROMs.

Kyohack

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokecheats.net
XP
Country
United States
OK, for some mysterious reason, the script is working now. Here is what it says:

"Encoding!
Please set your DS's DNS server to 172.16.0.4"

And here is what ipconfig says:

"Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
 Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\XP>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 172.16.0.4
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 172.16.0.1

C:\Documents and Settings\XP>"

Here is what I know about my network:
My DSL modem is wired to my Netgear wireless router.
No other devices are wired directly to the router.
My XP laptop is connected to the router via Wi-Fi.
The ONLY Wi-Fi connection saved on my DS is the Wi-Fi connection to the router.
My DS can connect to the router for internet access and trade on the GTS.
My XP laptop can connect to the router for internet access and, for example, use "google".

When I change the Primary DNS server to 172.16.0.4 in the connection settings on my DS, nothing happens when I enter the GTS (I can still deposit Pokemon and search for Pokemon, but no Pokeball is falling out of the sky).

I hypothesize that the problem is this:
The script is running on my laptop, but my DS is trying to connect to my router to receive the PKM. Is it even possible to have my laptop send the PKM to the router, and then have the router send it to the DS?

If that is the problem, then is it possible to connect the DS directly to the laptop via adhoc or something, without even using the router whatsoever?

That was a mouthful, hope this helps you understand.

lorddusk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kyohack said:
OK, for some mysterious reason, the script is working now. Here is what it says:

"Encoding!
Please set your DS's DNS server to 172.16.0.4"

And here is what ipconfig says:

"Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\XP>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 172.16.0.4
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 172.16.0.1

C:\Documents and Settings\XP>"

Here is what I know about my network:
My DSL modem is wired to my Netgear wireless router.
No other devices are wired directly to the router.
My XP laptop is connected to the router via Wi-Fi.
The ONLY Wi-Fi connection saved on my DS is the Wi-Fi connection to the router.
My DS can connect to the router for internet access and trade on the GTS.
My XP laptop can connect to the router for internet access and, for example, use "google".

When I change the Primary DNS server to 172.16.0.4 in the connection settings on my DS, nothing happens when I enter the GTS (I can still deposit Pokemon and search for Pokemon, but no Pokeball is falling out of the sky).

I hypothesize that the problem is this:
The script is running on my laptop, but my DS is trying to connect to my router to receive the PKM. Is it even possible to have my laptop send the PKM to the router, and then have the router send it to the DS?

If that is the problem, then is it possible to connect the DS directly to the laptop via adhoc or something, without even using the router whatsoever?

That was a mouthful, hope this helps you understand.

No you need to set it to 172.16.0.4, since thats the PC that you want to send the .pkm from, just make sure you can connect to wifi in the wifi config, than it should work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1