Not open for further replies.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, just made it to the GTC and tried to receive 2 pkmn I had saved on my computer and it doesn´t work =(
The Pokemon are the Pikachucolored Pichu and the Jirachi needed for one of the Pokewalker Routes.
First things first, I´m using Win7 but got no WLanrouter, so I had to setup a Soft-AP within the virtual XP-Mode of my Seven as writen hereNintendo WiFi Connector as SoftAP on Vista or Seven?. This connection is normaly stable and I´m able to connect to the normal GTC, access the WiFi Updates for Akaio and any thing other, so there should be nothing blocked.

So, now to the hard part.
First I tried to it from within the XP-Mode, because thats where the WiFi gets its connection from, the cmdwindow opens and tells me to set the DSs DNS to 192.168.0.20 (the Wirtual LANadapter connecting the VXP with my actual network. I try that in the DS, go back into the game, start GTC and get Errorcode 52100.

ipconfig within the XP-Mode looks like this.

------------------------------------------------------------
Windows-IP-Konfiguration

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix:
IP-Adresse. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
Subnetzmaske. . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Standardgateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix:
IP-Adresse. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20
Subnetzmaske. . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Standardgateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
------------------------------------------------------------

After that failed I tried it from my actual Win7, wich tells me to set the DNS to 192.168.0.4, the adress of my physical LANAdapter.
Done that, tried again, failed..
wtf.. okay, scrap that bullshit abouve -.- redone everything to get the numbers right for my report, and viola , I now have a Pikachucolored Pichu on my SS..
thanks anyway for reading
wink.gif

EDIT: Okay, now somethink realy smells fishy.. tried now again with the Jirachi, getting error 52100, retried the Pichu to confirm, failed again, allthough I allready got it once.

Oh, I totaly forgot, the ipconfig of my Win7:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows-IP-Konfiguration

Ethernet-Adapter Local Area Connection:

Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix:
Verbindungslokale IPv6-Adresse . : fe80::600b:ad69:7f83:7388%10
IPv4-Adresse . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.4
Subnetzmaske . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Standardgateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Tunneladapter isatap.{F870D9C8-232C-44A8-A8E0-246AA24D8909}:

Medienstatus. . . . . . . . . . . : Medium getrennt

Tunneladapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

IPv6-Adresse. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:5ef5:73bc:1437:3baa:a6e4:1ece
Verbindungslokale IPv6-Adresse . : fe80::1437:3baa:a6e4:1ece%12
Standardgateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 2: Had an idiotic idea and retried, changed nothing. Worked at the 4th time. Seems that for me it workes, but just every 5-10 times.

MrBingo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is such an amazing method to trade Pokemon between games, especially for those of us who buy every version, but only have one DS. I have seen a few "servers" set up online by people hosting a single Pokemon at a time, and have managed to receive Pokemon from those kind souls.

However:
I have thus far been unable to make my home computer send a desired Pokemon to my game! I can't seem to figure out if it is my computer of my router that is the problem. I have read through all 17 pages thus far and found nothing helpful enough to solve the issue.

Has anybody been able to make this work on a Mac OS X machine?

Here are the details thus far:
I am running Mac OS X version X.4.11. My computer is a PPC Mac not an Intel Mac.
I have verified that the version of Python I am running is version 2.6.
My router is a Westell 327 -VersaLink Wireless Gateway.

I am running the Python script from the Mac OS X Terminal preceded by the "sudo" command. When I do it asks for my root password. When I enter that in it says "Encoding" and then tells me to set the DS for what I already know to be the IP of my computer [192.168.1.47]. In other words, the computer appears to be doing what it's supposed to just fine.

I have set the DNS setting on the DS to the IP provided [which I had already known was the IP of the Mac]. I attempt to enter the GTS and after it says "Checking GTS Status" on screen it goes right to the blue screen that reads "A communication error has occurred".

In my system preferences I have turned off my printer sharing, web sharing, etc. I have turned off the Firewall in the system preferences as well. I logged into the router and verified that the router firewall was set to "None."

The Pokemon I am attempting to send were personally saves to PKM files from the Pokesav files of my own games, using an AR DSi and micro SD card. They were saved from party pokemon, and not box pokemon.

I am completely confused on this issue. Can anyone offer any advice on what to try next? My gut says I must have missed something simple, but what can it be?

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
Very interesting...
gbasp.gif
yaywii.gif

in non code terms (if anyone doesn't mind)

can they explain how it works? Not on how to use it but like how it operates to trick even real carts. I find this very interesting
lecture.gif

so the python script emulates gts server? I'm just guessing, pls enlighten me.

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jemlee said:
can they explain how it works? Not on how to use it but like how it operates to trick even real carts. I find this very interesting
lecture.gif
When you enter the different DNS IP, the DS asks that IP what the address of the GTS server is, and that address lies to it. Then the DS connects to that address again (since the DNS told it that's where the GTS is) and it then sends the "there is a pokemon to be received" message, causing your DS to download the PKM file.

Drium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yay, problem time.

0.0.0.0 issue here. My config is as follows:

Internet -> Main Router -> Computer1, Computer2, Wireless Router -> Computer3; Computer3 is my computer, and the one where the Wireless Router is located.

The Wi-Fi is set up properly and can be used by both my DS and my PSP, so therein is not the problem.

I'm honestly not sure where the problem is coming from. Sometimes I get error 52100, sometimes I get error 20100, and sometimes, VERY RARELY, I get "cannot connect to the Nintendo GTS". 52100 is the most frequent one.

Windows Firewall is turned off.
All ports are wide open.
I have no further firewall/antivirus blocking the way.

Halp?

Pedro250

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it is not working to me.
i already deactivate windows firewall and my anti-virus(Kasperky Internet Security 2010), open the port 80 and when i drag the pkm file to sendpkm.py it says to change ds dns server to 127.0.0.1, but i change it to my ip adress (192.168.1.50), my ip adress is allways the same (set on wireless board configuration on control painel). when i enter to gts, on pkm platinum, it tells me that is cannot connect with gts.
any solution?
also, i already deactiva UAC, i am runing Windos 7 x86 ultimate, and i have python 2.6.5 instaled.

MizuhoChan

Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
I figured out that if you get 127.0.0.1 and you have Kaspersky, you have to turn the program off, not just disable it. Then it'll work.

Once you have the cmd prompt up, you can enable it again and it will still work.

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
m2pt5 said:
Jemlee said:
lecture.gif
When you enter the different DNS IP, the DS asks that IP what the address of the GTS server is, and that address lies to it. Then the DS connects to that address again (since the DNS told it that's where the GTS is) and it then sends the "there is a pokemon to be received" message, causing your DS to download the PKM file.

Interesting. Thx for the clarification.
gbasp.gif

a very simple procedure too! Not surprising as it's pretty unsecured.

Was this simple exploit used before?

I'm guessing it already was used on the pokemon ds games or it can now am i correct?

Pedro250

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MizuhoChan said:
I figured out that if you get 127.0.0.1 and you have Kaspersky, you have to turn the program off, not just disable it. Then it'll work.

Once you have the cmd prompt up, you can enable it again and it will still work.

thanks, it worked

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jemlee said:

I'm guessing it already was used on the pokemon ds games or it can now am i correct?
I personally hadn't heard of it before this thread, so I don't know.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jemlee said:

No, this is all new.

Pedro250

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i get another error, when i enter on gts it start to check for the pkm, after a while of cheking it gives me a blue screen with a white square saying: "An error occoured while attempting to comunicate. (00000) Please turn off the power, restart this DS system, and try again."
What am i doing wrong, i turned off my antivirus(kasperky internet security 2010), windos firewall is off, i am using windos seven x86 ultimate edition, and the game is Pokemon Soul Silver USA version.

Edit: i found the problem, i edited the pkm file with a program called PokeGen, i get it on Project Pokemon and i getted the error, now i edited the file with pokesav and it worked.

Edit2: Can a pokémon have an item attached when using this method? the pokemon that i wanted to transfer using this method had a master ball attached, coul that be the problem?

lorddusk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im wondering ( so help me out )
Do you need internet connection to do this, or could you also do this with a local wireless connection.

( I have a Modem - Router - Router/Switch arrangement )
My parents always turn of the first router when they go to bed, and thats usual the time i want to do this.

So please help me out with this...

Pedro250

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if it is possible to do thid, to "hack" (i cant find another word) GTS, i think that maybe is also possible to emulate a WIFI mystery gift distribution, like sending a pdc and a pgt file to a program like this, and then it emulate a server like this program.
what do you guys think?

demonslayer5545

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is weird. I am running windows XP and I can't get it to work. My sisters laptop, and my dads desktop are all on XP. Dads laptop is on vista. I can't get it to work at all on XP but it worked on vista without doing ANYTHING. I checked all the settings on them and they all have file sharing on, windows firewall off, turned off AVG for the time being, and no other things running. I just restarted and closed all the stuff like msn and xfire and didn't open the internet, still nothing. It keeps telling me to set my DNS to 0.0.0.0. I set it to 192.168.1.50 (my computers IP) and it says that I cant connect to the GTC, returning to the lobby. I'm at a loss on what to do. I doubt its router settings because it works on my dads laptop... Any ideas? My dad wants me to reformat his laptop soon with the windows xp I use...

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pedro250 said:
if it is possible to do thid, to "hack" (i cant find another word) GTS, i think that maybe is also possible to emulate a WIFI mystery gift distribution, like sending a pdc and a pgt file to a program like this, and then it emulate a server like this program.
what do you guys think?
Sure. Of course it's possible. Anything's possible. But you'll still need a program to make it a reality. Feel free to make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sup nerds