ROM Hack Send PKM files to retail games

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Lady_Soleirina said:
Rydian said:
Programs automatically update all the time. Uninstall AVG, restart, see if it's working again. If not, reinstall it.

Alas, I've uninstalled AVG and thought I was getting somewhere lol This is what it gets me:
transferwindow2.jpg

But when I go to the GTS room, it gives me the 51200 error. Now my brother-in-law who lives with us, he's only able to get into the room. It sits there a while and says checking GTS server before disconnecting him. My husband can get into the room and trade after a dozen tries on his computer.
unsure.gif
Any other suggestions? lol I'm game for whatever
Are you sure you edited the Primary DNS and not the IP Address or the Subnet Mask or the Gateway in the DS's Wifi Settings???

This always worked for me and I don't trust any antivirus anyway.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow works wonders for me. I got it working on the first try using Rydian's instructions. I don't know why so many people are having problems, they made it as easy as they could for you... Unless your antivirus is getting in the way, then its not your fault.

Pancor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downlaoded this a while ago and everything worked fine, but now I get 52100 errors when I change the DNS settings. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, why is this?

moah909

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a way (for Windows sorry Mac and Linux
tongue.gif
) to fix most if not all problems, just start up in Safe Mode with Networking. It disables all start up applications so you don't need to uninstall anything. I had use to it twice to get it to work though.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Kyohack said:
Could anyone who has gotten the transfer to work please post a diagram of their network?

Here is mine that won't work:
diagram.png
for my router to PC, is wired, but shouldn't have anything to do with it, I have all 'security' off, MAC filtering ON
AV still ON, though.

Twirly

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Okay this is weird.
So I did everything you said, I downloaded python, installed it, created a .pkm file (with pokesav), dropped it on sendpkm.py and got the dns 127.0.0.1 which can't be possible so I ran cmd, typed in ipconfig and got 3 IPs, 2 of them had the 192.168
So I tried out both and it connects successfully but when I connect to gts it just shows the normal gts stuff. (like offering or searching for pokemon)
I am using pokemon heartgold
Edit:
If it helps, I am using nod32 antivirus...
Edit2:
And spybot s&d too.

Enterdesiredlogi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figure I'd register and ask a question:

Okay, the local/my-network'ed based GTS (with the .python script) works. HOWEVER, trying to connect to an internet server trhough the same method and router/network gives me the normal GTS with no Pokemon given to me what gives? Is there something completely obvious that I am missing on this?

No, I'm not missing and forgetting to save the DNS IP, I am not that stupid about the completely obvious from the tutorial.

This and another server are what I'm trying to connect to, and both just give me the normal GTS (and I can function with those fine) with no Pokemon given like the local network/.py script does.

Does my router really have to be WEP (which I don't use for sake of easiness on my devices + being out in the middle of no where so no need to protect my network too much) or what? I don't think any of the ports this method wants to use are blocked (isn't port 80 used by the HTTP protocol anyway?), but if it's that...

Has anyone ran into this sort of problem other than me? The local method works, but connecting to a remote/internet method doesn't?

Enterdesiredlogi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the wifi signal is in protected mode. Other than that (and a basic firewall) I haven't locked down my wifi signal (AKA: WEP/WPA) for the sake of the DS (more than my other game devices) more than anything.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twirly said:
Okay this is weird.
So I did everything you said, I downloaded python, installed it, created a .pkm file (with pokesav), dropped it on sendpkm.py and got the dns 127.0.0.1 which can't be possible so I ran cmd, typed in ipconfig and got 3 IPs, 2 of them had the 192.168
So I tried out both and it connects successfully but when I connect to gts it just shows the normal gts stuff. (like offering or searching for pokemon)
I am using pokemon heartgold
Edit:
If it helps, I am using nod32 antivirus...
Edit2:
And spybot s&d too.

Like I said in my earlier post, I had nod32 on my xp machine and had to uninstall it to get this to work.. but I imagine booting in safe mode with networking would allow this to work.

Edit:
QUOTE(Kyohack @ Apr 5 2010, 12:37 AM) Could anyone who has gotten the transfer to work please post a diagram of their network?

Here is mine that won't work:
diagram.png

This is mine that does work.
network.png

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been answered.. but how would I make my own pkm files? I know it has links to some event ones, but it'd be nice to make my own if possible.

Aluminumticket

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I go to the GTS and it acts like I haven't sent any Pokemon. I had the 00000 error before- And it did that for larger files too! Help? D:

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Cuber said:
Sorry if this has been answered.. but how would I make my own pkm files? I know it has links to some event ones, but it'd be nice to make my own if possible.You'd make and edit PKM files with Pokesav. Open Pokesav, and on the right in the current party section, there's save/edit/load buttons.

QUOTE(Aluminumticket @ Apr 5 2010, 03:30 PM) I go to the GTS and it acts like I haven't sent any Pokemon. I had the 00000 error before- And it did that for larger files too! Help? D:
What IP are you giving it?

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Cuber said:
Sorry if this has been answered.. but how would I make my own pkm files? I know it has links to some event ones, but it'd be nice to make my own if possible.
You'd make and edit PKM files with Pokesav. Open Pokesav, and on the right in the current party section, there's save/edit/load buttons.

Ah, awesome.. There's no way I'll give my self a bad egg and be super screwed is there?

Aluminumticket

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Aluminumticket said:
I go to the GTS and it acts like I haven't sent any Pokemon. I had the 00000 error before- And it did that for larger files too! Help? D:
What IP are you giving it?

It's auto reading my IP, I gave it the DNS from sendpkm and from ipconfig. I just get the normal GTS menu, no 00000 now.

Silent_Ocarina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I signed up just to ask this, so I hope that I get an answer.

First of all, Python gives me 127.0.0.1. I realize that I needed to find my IP Address on my own.

9bkk1t.jpg

First, I used the IPv4 Address. Unfortunately, I could not connect to the GTS with that value (although I believe I was able to connect to the Internet). I noticed the DNS Values and tried those instead. I was able to connect, but I believe that I was sent to the normal GTS.

Can anyone clarify which number I should be using?

Also, Auto-Obtaining works as usual.

I also tried to obtain the Pokemon offered on this site, but I could not connect to the Internet using their DNS.

My Firewall is disabled, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her into the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says...