RUMOR: Nintendo wants RARE back

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if all the rare staff are making casual kinect stuff, then nintendo can keep them making casual wiiu stuff while letting retro's studio work with the old ips

Reactions: 1 person

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make the same game with another name. wont that work? dont u have the idea on how it works? square did the opposite.
as they progressed 13 became very distinct from ff1
the problem is that the name also sells...

chances are you would not play a game with the name as "monsters catcher" or "monsters dungeon" but if the name is pokemon or pokemon dungeon you will play it

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad Fur Day for U.
Donkey Kong Country U.

Well just let's hope this rumor is true!

I think it's funny that you'd think Nintendo would ever endorse a game like Conker's Bad Fur Day in this day and age.

Also...

Donkeykongcountryreturns.jpg

We don't need Rare for DKC.

D

Deleted_171835

Well you seem to be in the minority here thinking that's " fucking dumb ". It might very well be unlikely,but your argument is pointless. They could have a really good platform game half backed and then " if " they acquire Rare could slap a Banjo/Kazooie skin on it, I've seen it before ( even Mario Bros 2 in North America was just a Mario skinned Japanese platform game which I can't remember the name of ) . And Rare might be worthless to you, but some may still care.
Thus, do I dare to say your comment is " fucking dumb " ;)
It's fucking stupid to think that Nintendo would spend millions of dollars to acquire a company just to get a valueless IP. If they did indeed have a game in the workings, it makes much more sense to slap the Mario or Donkey Kong brand on it than Banjo Kazzoie.

giavol

Trophies
XP
Country
maybethey want to port banjo kazzoie on 3ds.That would be cool, thou we need new games as well.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I call this bullshit.

Rare doesn't have ANYTHING Nintendo needs. Their titles are just not mainstream enough, even Banjo Kazooie hence why they're reduced to making poor "Mii too" titles for Microsoft and also they have very little talent left.

If Nintendo wanted a core title like Perfect Dark or Killer Instinct (personally, never felt they were great...but then my rose tinted specs are off)...they could just do them themselves under different titles, they don't need those names at all. Also if those titles were really that viable, then why does Microsoft not bother with them at all? In a business sense this would be stupid for Nintendo to even consider, Rare take far too long to make even something half decent. Maybe they may buy JUST Banjo Kazooie but that's about it but then Nintendo has Donkey Kong, Mario, Kirby and others that they could easily make a good platformer out of and they would sell more.

If the game that Retro is working on turns out to be Banjo Kazooie, I'd be highly disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I like the series but if Retro isn't working on a new IP I personally think there are more worthwhile Nintendo IPs that would rather them do, especially in this day and age.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country