1. kingtut

OP kingtut GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    A rumor was posted a few days ago that Nintendo is working on bringing back a game that was thought dead and cancelled. A day later, a new rumor was posted via Nintendo Insider claiming that the game in question is "Scalebound" and it will come back as a Nintendo Switch Exclusive.

For people wondering what Scalebound is, it was supposed to be an xbox one console exclusive action rpg developed by Platinum Games. The game allowed you to fight alongside a dragon, customize and ride the dragon, and even planned an online co op mode where you play alongside three people. But the game was cancelled in January 2017 (Two years ago).

Kotaku's Jason Schreier also claims that he heard about Scalebound potentially coming back. But that he also thinks that it might have been people mixing between Scalebound, and the newly announced switch exclusive Astral Chain.

What do I think?

I could easily see Platinum Games bringing back Scalebound under another name. Especially when they did that before. A lot of people forget that Scalebound was originally in development in 2006 as a Wii exclusive title before signing a deal with Microsoft. I don't see why they wouldn't attempt to go back to Nintendo and attempt to get Nintendo's attention again, especially with the amount of interest that Scalebound recieved when it got cancelled.

Scalebound's trademark situation is super unclear at the moment, but I highly doubt that Scalebound would come back with the same name anyway.

Sources:
    1. https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/scalebound-report-revived-switch-exclusive/
    2. https://www.nintendo-insider.com/report-scalebound-resurrected-as-a-nintendo-switch-exclusive/

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  2. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    kingtut likes this.
  3. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    AmandaRose likes this.
  4. AmandaRose

United Kingdom
    Yep I just don't see it being Scalebound due to the fact that Platinum are a small team and they are already working on two switch games at the moment.

5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I sure hope so. I love Dragons. This canceled for XBOX one for Nintendo Switch will be my dream coming true. Cross fingers.

kingtut likes this.
  6. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    I mean, I'd be down for that, but no one can say for sure what it is.

It does have the fight alongside another creature idea that Scalebound had, so... yeah.

7. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    I legit called project hammer as a joke... be amazing if it was that... lol

8. AmandaRose

United Kingdom
    I know it would never happen but I would love it if it was Capcom's cancelled GC game Dead Phoenix. That game looked pretty awesome back when they first showed it off.

kingtut and KiiWii like this.
  9. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Scalebound pls

kingtut likes this.
  10. kingtut

OP kingtut GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Project Hammer looked generic to me personally. Of course this is platinum who I trust. But the video I saw kind of looked super repetitive. And the colors are super brown like the xbox 360 gears titles.

11. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    I wonder why this was cancelled.. Looks amazing.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Scalebound, Exclusive, Nintendo