RUMOR: Nintendo wants RARE back

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then point why Killer Instinct is a generic fighter.

Outside graphics??? What about the gorgeus OST? Or the number of secrets? Yes, some levels are bland, but most of the levels are really great.

I think it's hard to have a pure platformer that DOESN'T have a lot of "secrets". And I hardly remember the soundtrack being "gorgeous".

In retrospect DKC is pretty weak compared to 2D platforming greats.

I couldn't agree more about the DKC series. Watch the old interview done by g4tv (pre-tech tv merger). Rare themselves call County a mediocre game and talk about how people love mediocre games. They never thought in a million years it would sell as much as it did.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie and Donkey Kong 64 are apparently boring collectathons that are pretty weak compared to other 3D platformers (COUGH SPYRO THE DRAGON COUGH).
Spyro eclipsed anything Rare did on the N64.

I'll be honest looking back I can't think of any Rare title that is a stone cold classic. They've made enjoyable games so yes applaud them but they haven't made anything that can be considered a classic like Ocarina of Time, Mario Bros 3 or Sonic the hedgehog.

DKC series (up until Retro took over) was a pretty bog standard platformer that only stood out because 1. It had the DK name and 2. Had fancy graphics.

GoldenEye/Perfect Dark, as fun is the multiplayer, not aged well and are purely a nostalgia games.

Uhh what? Spyro was in no way better better then Banjo Kazooie that's for sure, or many other hits that Rare had for the N64. Spyro has to be one of the most boring and repetitive 3D platformer franchises out there, to me it seemed like they heavily cloned the stupid gameplay of Crash Bandicoot and repackaged it with a new name. Banjo Kazooie was a fun game, as was Tooie. N64 games in general have aged horribly, but considering their time, games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark perfected console FPS games for a time, I'd never play them now and expect to have the same enjoyment as I did back then.

In fact, most games from the PS1/N64 era haven't held up very well. There are some exceptions obviously but most older games feel clunky compared to the advanced controls of 3D games today.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh what? Spyro was in no way better better then Banjo Kazooie that's for sure, or many other hits that Rare had for the N64. Spyro has to be one of the most boring and repetitive 3D platformer franchises out there, to me it seemed like they heavily cloned the stupid gameplay of Crash Bandicoot and repackaged it with a new name.

Lol you've never played Spyro the Dragon, have you? It plays in no way like Crash Bandicoot.

Reactions: 1 person

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Uhh what? Spyro was in no way better better then Banjo Kazooie that's for sure, or many other hits that Rare had for the N64. Spyro has to be one of the most boring and repetitive 3D platformer franchises out there, to me it seemed like they heavily cloned the stupid gameplay of Crash Bandicoot and repackaged it with a new name.

Lol you've never played Spyro the Dragon, have you? It plays in no way like Crash Bandicoot.

Don't let facts get in the way of people's fanboysism.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz