ReverseNX - Flag your console as handheld or docked

ReverseNX_logo_transparent_v4.png

ReverseNX

Combination of SaltyNX patches that force games to think that you are using docked or handheld mode.

You can use it to change graphics settings and unlock some options that are available only in docked/handheld mode. For now in experimental phase, because SaltyNX has many bugs that need to be patched.

To download latest SaltyNX, check links at the end of post.

To use ReverseNX, you need to use ReverseNX-Tool which can be downloaded at the end of this post. Check readme in repo to learn how to use it.

When forcing docked mode, it is recommended to use OC settings exactly as used in docked mode:
Code:
handheld_charging_gpu=768
handheld_charging_mem=1600

Known issues:
  • SaltyNX is still under development, so it may cause issues on it's own. More in SaltyNX repo.

Thanks to @Kirby567fan and @crow132 for testing.
To @RattletraPM for logo.
To @SunTheCourier for sys-clk Editor on which I have based ReverseNX-Tool >=2.0.0
To Borealis contributors for Borealis which I'm using from 3.0.0

ReverseNX-Tool

github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool/releases

SaltyNX
github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX/releases

Last edited by masagrator,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokémon Let's Go Eevee with BOTW overclock preset and handheld reversed as dock slows down the game so much. Anyone knows why? D:

Aren't you forcing the game to render 1080p while handheld? Is there a point to doing this? LGPE already runs at native resolution docked and handheld.

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Aren't you forcing the game to render 1080p while handheld? Is there a point to doing this? LGPE already runs at native resolution docked and handheld.
It was due to gpu not being overclocked in handheld mode (not charged) as some people pointed here. Now it works like a charm.

kazuki_chan8

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sorry @masagrator for this noobs questions & assuming that i activated the global docked mode while playing handheld:
1) What happen if i don't use sys clk & open up my games without charging? Nothing happen? or still in docked mode that set output 1080p but downsample to 720p because switch resolution? Or operate normally as usual in handheld just like without using reverseNX?
2) What if im charging my switch & i don't use sys clk & open up my games?
3) What if im not charging my switch but i use sys clk & open up my games?
2) If i use sys clk along with this reverseNX & charging my switch, should i set the preset config using docked_x or handheld_charging_x to get exactly what people trying to archive here?

Last edited by kazuki_chan8,

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry for this noobs questions & assuming that i activated the global docked mode while playing handheld:
1) What happen if i don't use sys clk & open up my games without charging? Nothing happen? or still in docked mode that set output 1080p but downsample to 720p because switch resolution? Or operate normally as usual in handheld just like without using reverseNX?
2) What if im charging my switch & i don't use sys clk & open up my games?
3) What if im not charging my switch but i use sys clk & open up my games?
2) If i use sys clk along with this reverseNX & charging my switch, should i set the preset config using docked_x or handheld_charging_x to get exactly what people trying to archive here?
I don't understand somethings in your questions but:
Reversenx makes the game think that it's (in your case) docked, so: higher resolution, shadows etc (better graphics usually) are pumped to the switch screen.
Those better graphics would need overall more gpu, for that you can use sysclick, if not, your game will be slow.
When configuring sysclick you must know that the game thinks it's docked, but the console (and sysclick) don't, so you must have this in your mind when writing the codes.
When getting more gpu that 400 you must charge the console (as it would be when docked), if not, it doesn't work. You must have this in your mind when writing the codes in sysclick too.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Monday I didn't understand very good this Homebrew, but with reading and logic you can make it work easy ;)

Last edited by Csmrcc,

kazuki_chan8

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I don't understand somethings in your questions but:
Reversenx makes the game think that it's (in your case) docked, so: higher resolution, shadows etc (better graphics usually) are pumped to the switch screen.
Those better graphics would need overall more gpu, for that you can use sysclick, if not, your game will be slow.
When configuring sysclick you must know that the game thinks it's docked, but the console (and sysclick) don't, so you must have this in your mind when writing the codes.
When getting more gpu that 400 you must charge the console (as it would be when docked), if not, it doesn't work. You must have this in your mind when writing the codes in sysclick too.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Monday I didn't understand very good this Homebrew, but with reading and logic you can make it work easy ;)
I see, so as long i use this as docked mode, it will do exactly as in official docked mode. But, to avoid performance drop while using this in handheld, i need to OC my switch using sys clk & need charging as well. Is that right? If its like that, should i use preset config docked_x or handheld_charging_x in sys clk? Sorry got confuse...

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see, so as long i use this as docked mode, it will do exactly as in official docked mode. But, to avoid performance while using this, i need to OC using syc clk. Is that right? If its like like, should i use preset config docked_x or handheld_charging_x in sys clk? Sorry got confuse...
sys-clk is working as usual. So for docked flag in handheld you need handheld_charging clocks.

xxbrothawizxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a battery case that outputs enough power to use power profiles above 460?

My RCM connector is on the way. Learning about this was enough to make hacking a must.

kazuki_chan8

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Is there a battery case that outputs enough power to use power profiles above 460?

My RCM connector is on the way. Learning about this was enough to make hacking a must.
So far im using the 10000mAh battery case. It works fine so far using the recommended OC preset in handheld with activated docked-flag. Although, you can hear the fan sound & can warm up your face using the warm air coming out from the outlet above the switch :). I can get almost 3 hours with my switch & power bank case at full charge when playing FETH. Other extensive games will have shorter time i guess.

xxbrothawizxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far im using the 10000mAh battery case. It works fine so far using the recommended OC preset in handheld with activated docked-flag. Although, you can hear the fan sound & can warm up your face using the warm air coming out from the outlet above the switch :). I can get almost 3 hours with my switch & power bank case at full charge when playing FETH. Other extensive games will have shorter time i guess.
The recommended OC overclock in handheld is 460 though right?

Aren't the games running slow? What are you playing?

Edit: What case is it?

Last edited by xxbrothawizxx,

xxbrothawizxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the system care about whether it's being charged at docked speed? Will basically any charger allow this clock to be unlocked? Wanted to put a battery case on it and use it for the majority of my games.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Does the system care about whether it's being charged at docked speed? Will basically any charger allow this clock to be unlocked? Wanted to put a battery case on it and use it for the majority of my games.
You can't get docked clocks without charger.
Any charger will allow it.

kazuki_chan8

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The recommended OC overclock in handheld is 460 though right?

Aren't the games running slow? What are you playing?

Edit: What case is it?
For now im playing FETH with this plugin. You can refer to this link for the case that i used. I bought mine in local store. Or there are others you can find as well.

xxbrothawizxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't get docked clocks without charger.
Any charger will allow it.
Well now I'm ridiculously excited to get this working. With a charge case it's basically exactly what I dreamed a pro model would be. TW3 is going to be so amazing with this, and I can finally open my copy of Xenoblade after all this time. It's going to make me want to replay so many other games too (really wish I didn't sell Wolf 2 now).

Thank you so much for your hard work.

For now im playing FETH with this plugin. You can refer to this for the case that i used. I bought mine in local store. Or there are others you can find as well.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by xxbrothawizxx,

Haevens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Test on dragon quest demo :

Attachments

• HAND1.jpg
    HAND1.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 176
  • DOCKED1.jpg
    DOCKED1.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 188
  • HAND2.jpg
    HAND2.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 215
  • DOCKED2.jpg
    DOCKED2.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: Adr990

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.