WIP ReverseNX - Flag your console as handheld or docked

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by masagrator, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Aren't you forcing the game to render 1080p while handheld? Is there a point to doing this? LGPE already runs at native resolution docked and handheld.

2. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Developer & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    It was due to gpu not being overclocked in handheld mode (not charged) as some people pointed here. Now it works like a charm.

3. kazuki_chan8

kazuki_chan8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2019
    Malaysia
    Sorry @masagrator for this noobs questions & assuming that i activated the global docked mode while playing handheld:
    1) What happen if i don't use sys clk & open up my games without charging? Nothing happen? or still in docked mode that set output 1080p but downsample to 720p because switch resolution? Or operate normally as usual in handheld just like without using reverseNX?
    2) What if im charging my switch & i don't use sys clk & open up my games?
    3) What if im not charging my switch but i use sys clk & open up my games?
    2) If i use sys clk along with this reverseNX & charging my switch, should i set the preset config using docked_x or handheld_charging_x to get exactly what people trying to archive here?

Last edited by kazuki_chan8, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    I don't understand somethings in your questions but:
    Reversenx makes the game think that it's (in your case) docked, so: higher resolution, shadows etc (better graphics usually) are pumped to the switch screen.
    Those better graphics would need overall more gpu, for that you can use sysclick, if not, your game will be slow.
    When configuring sysclick you must know that the game thinks it's docked, but the console (and sysclick) don't, so you must have this in your mind when writing the codes.
    When getting more gpu that 400 you must charge the console (as it would be when docked), if not, it doesn't work. You must have this in your mind when writing the codes in sysclick too.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Monday I didn't understand very good this Homebrew, but with reading and logic you can make it work easy ;)

Last edited by Csmrcc, Aug 21, 2019
  5. kazuki_chan8

Mar 30, 2019
    Malaysia
    I see, so as long i use this as docked mode, it will do exactly as in official docked mode. But, to avoid performance drop while using this in handheld, i need to OC my switch using sys clk & need charging as well. Is that right? If its like that, should i use preset config docked_x or handheld_charging_x in sys clk? Sorry got confuse...

Last edited by kazuki_chan8, Aug 21, 2019
  6. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    sys-clk is working as usual. So for docked flag in handheld you need handheld_charging clocks.

7. kazuki_chan8

Mar 30, 2019
    Malaysia
    Ok understood. Thanks again.

8. xxbrothawizxx

xxbrothawizxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2019
    United States
    Is there a battery case that outputs enough power to use power profiles above 460?

My RCM connector is on the way. Learning about this was enough to make hacking a must.

9. kazuki_chan8

Mar 30, 2019
    Malaysia
    So far im using the 10000mAh battery case. It works fine so far using the recommended OC preset in handheld with activated docked-flag. Although, you can hear the fan sound & can warm up your face using the warm air coming out from the outlet above the switch :). I can get almost 3 hours with my switch & power bank case at full charge when playing FETH. Other extensive games will have shorter time i guess.

Last edited by kazuki_chan8, Aug 22, 2019
  10. xxbrothawizxx

xxbrothawizxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2019
    United States
    The recommended OC overclock in handheld is 460 though right?

Aren't the games running slow? What are you playing?

Edit: What case is it?

Last edited by xxbrothawizxx, Aug 22, 2019
  11. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland

12. xxbrothawizxx

xxbrothawizxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2019
    United States
    Does the system care about whether it's being charged at docked speed? Will basically any charger allow this clock to be unlocked? Wanted to put a battery case on it and use it for the majority of my games.

13. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    You can't get docked clocks without charger.
    Any charger will allow it.

14. kazuki_chan8

Mar 30, 2019
    Malaysia
    For now im playing FETH with this plugin. You can refer to this link for the case that i used. I bought mine in local store. Or there are others you can find as well.

15. xxbrothawizxx

xxbrothawizxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2019
    United States
    Well now I'm ridiculously excited to get this working. With a charge case it's basically exactly what I dreamed a pro model would be. TW3 is going to be so amazing with this, and I can finally open my copy of Xenoblade after all this time. It's going to make me want to replay so many other games too (really wish I didn't sell Wolf 2 now).

Thank you so much for your hard work.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by xxbrothawizxx, Aug 23, 2019
  16. mUppenbart

mUppenbart Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2014
    Sweden
    Is this compatible with SX OS yet?

17. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    And why are you asking us?

18. mUppenbart

mUppenbart Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2014
    Sweden
    I know there is hostility for SX OS (for obvious reasons), but didn´t know where to ask instead. Tried asking here before making a new topic.

19. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland

kaispippo likes this.
  20. Haevens

Haevens Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2015
    France
    Test on dragon quest demo :