Hacking Reusing the microSD card on other devices

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me I have a question, I just got myself a 64GB microSD card and I was wondering if it can be reused by other devices after I'm done using it for the vita?
I know that many will just tell me to get another one (since its 64GB), but I just can't afford another one hence the question.
If I use the microSD card with the sd2vita and it wont be usable for other devices anymore, then I just won't use it.

Thanks in advance for the answer(s)

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
If I use the microSD card with the sd2vita and it wont be usable for other devices anymore, then I just won't use it.
you would be able to use it with other devices. it's a normal sd card nothing special
but if you are asking using it for several devices at the same time, well, keep in mind theese things are small and can wear out\break (however they are more durable than sd cards INMHO)

it depends.. does sd2vita uses fat32 or a special partition type?
if sd2vita uses a special formatted partition, you woldn't be able to use this vita part
i guess you can just format a part for vita and another part for your other devices but unless it's a pc, most devices wouldn't be able to read from several partitions
but really depends on the partition scheme

if vita uses fat32 or exfat, then you are free to remove it as you want and use with other stuff as long as it is compatible with that format.

if the vita does use a special partition. when you are done with the vita (when you sell it or got another card) you can format it to use with other devices, that means clean the SD card.. if you want to go back using in the vita you need to do the first setup again, if you plan to do this like everyday that sd card will last just a few months

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wouldn't use it for other things.
Depending on your SD2Vita adapter, you risk damaging the pins by putting unneeded stress on them.

Also, if the SD card corrupts, you're fucked.
Without a backup, you'll lose everything.

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, soo much to think about then. Oh well, guess this using it is a one way ticket anyway (either a different format or risking it being corrupted).
Thanks for the answers y'all, gonna use this thing as a storage for my PS1 and PSP games then, not gonna risk loosing my files whe using it as ux0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-