Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.areyougoingtostalkme.wtf
XP
Country
Japan
Yoho!

I upgraded my SD2Vita with a larger MicroSD Card.The old one is 128GB and the new one is 256GB.

File System is exFAT with the Cluster Size at 64 Kilobytes.The is recommended for MicroSD Card larger than 128GB.Ensõ is running

I moved over all (including hidden Files and hidden System files) Data from my smaller MicroSD Card to the bigger Boy.

btw:

Ensõ is installed
SD2Vita is set as ux0
Memory Stick (Original Vita) as ur0

The Problem is this:

Booting up my Vita it gives me the Custom Logo,Health Splash Screen and the Message that my Memory Stick needs to be formated.
Clicking Cancel gets me to the Vita Menu without any files (only the Sony ones).

Without the Memory Stick plugged in i get the Standard Menu with the Games i have installed from Cart.

Unplugging the SD2Vita and booting gives me
the Menu with Ensõ,YAMT,Vitashell and Retroarch (they are on the Memory Stick) but none of the Games on the MicroSD.

It also doesnt Display my ux0 as SD2Vita anymore but as my Memory Stick

Going into the Settings and unmounting does not work,it asks me if a Card is even inserted.
Yes it is very insterted.

(Last One)

The New MicroSD works on the PC so does the old one. And plugging my old 128GB in the Vita boots up everything no Problemo

Do you know where the trouble is?

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
Did you prepare it with VitaDeploy or flashed the zzblank.img file to the microSD?

Hey there,sorry for the late answer;o

No i did not hear about this yet. I'll research a bit and let you know
Post automatically merged:

Did you prepare it with VitaDeploy or flashed the zzblank.img file to the microSD?

okay i found a zzBlank.img online at vita.hacks.guide and wrote it to my 256GB MicroSD with win32diskimager. Afterwards i had to do the formatting again (the 64kilobyte,exFAT thing) Now i am transfering my old Data again :] It May take 2 Hours (sorry for that)

I'll be back 8)
Post automatically merged:

I am back 8)

It didn't work this way it is weird

I still have only the bubbles from the Vita Memory Stick,which is now ux0 for some reason.

I went into my Settings and i re-changed it to

ux0 = SD2Vita

uma0 = Memory Card
(it stays this way after reboot)

But rebooting and going into VitaShell still shows me the Memory Stick as ux0. The SD2Vita is not shown at all. But i can mount the SD2Vita to grw0 via VitaDeploy and it does show up in VitaShell like that.But no bubbles

I also tried EmergencyMount and i cannot use it on SD2Vita (i tried shortly without changing anything)

Any Ideas? ':D

Last edited by Rocky_D,

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
Explain what you did step by step, maybe I can figure out what you did wrong

I hacked it WAY back when the Vita's where like 30$ on the Internet. Those Methods don't exist nomore but i know that it was the Henkaku Exploit. The one you had to activate after every reboot via henkaku.xyz/go. It worked fine but i didn't want to be reliant on Online-Services. So i installed Ensõ using the Guide in vita.hacks.guide and everything worked fine.

The only trouble now is that i found 128GB Storage isn't enough and the 256 MicroSD needs preparation. I think thats the issue, i need the right Files in the right Space. I did watch a guide but he had Files that my Vita did not have

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked it WAY back when the Vita's where like 30$ on the Internet. Those Methods don't exist nomore but i know that it was the Henkaku Exploit. The one you had to activate after every reboot via henkaku.xyz/go. It worked fine but i didn't want to be reliant on Online-Services. So i installed Ensõ using the Guide in vita.hacks.guide and everything worked fine.

The only trouble now is that i found 128GB Storage isn't enough and the 256 MicroSD needs preparation. I think thats the issue, i need the right Files in the right Space. I did watch a guide but he had Files that my Vita did not have

Sorry for the late reply, my guess it has to do with the way you formatted the card or you are missing some files if you transfer all the files from the old card over and it doesn't work, I just swapped from a 512GB to a 1TB, since I have some spare 1TB around.

Remember that you have to zzblank the card before you reformat the drive, so it doesn't leave any unallocated space, by if you don't zzblank and you format it under exFAT, it will leave some unallocated space, the vita won't accept that.

Reactions: Rocky_D

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry for the late reply, my guess it has to do with the way you formatted the card or you are missing some files if you transfer all the files from the old card over and it doesn't work, I just swapped from a 512GB to a 1TB, since I have some spare 1TB around.

Remember that you have to zzblank the card before you reformat the drive, so it doesn't leave any unallocated space, by if you don't zzblank and you format it under exFAT, it will leave some unallocated space, the vita won't accept that.
Hm maybe i zzblank'd the Card after formatting, that may be it :/

But i'm now pretty sure that i'll re-hack my Vita to get a fresh start with it :]

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The WEIRD THING! I just had a PSTV this week and.....Was fussing about having to do a have to zzblank the Ssd before....I did it, and it didn't work, then I took ANOTHER Ssd and put it directly, then it worked and I could format it inside with the formater of the VITA. Some Ssd cards seems incompatible with the VITA or PSTV....but compatible with the PC, I don't know why, but that was the case for one of my card (2GB) By the way, what is the SIZE of the PSP library and VITA Library?

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
Last edited by Rocky_D,
Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?