Sandisk Ultra 1.5TB micro sd

Kibbutz90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
Hi everyone, for Christmas (i know it's a bit early but my brother can't visit me for Christmas so he has come earlier) i recieved a microSD card 1.5TB Sandisk Ultra. The only use i can think is on the pstv for PSP,PS1 and other retro emulation (and why not even some psvita games), but my question is.. does the psvita/pstv support this kind of capacity? I'm currently using a 1tb one and it works like a charm and some years ago i used a 2tb external drive as ux0 so technically shouldn't be a problem or maybe the sd2vita has a limited supported size? Thanks everybody and have a great day.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all make sure it's genuine and not fake. have you verified the number on the back of the packaging on their warranty check website? It'd tell you if it's indeed genuine.
Alternatively, you can also use H2testw to check the whole capacity, though it'd take a long time to finish so be prepared.

Kibbutz90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
First of all make sure it's genuine and not fake. have you verified the number on the back of the packaging on their warranty check website? It'd tell you if it's indeed genuine.
Alternatively, you can also use H2testw to check the whole capacity, though it'd take a long time to finish so be prepared.
The card is still sealed and I have the receipt and it was 180€. I hope it's not fake for that price lol

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
There's no situation I've encountered where 1TB will work and 1.5TB will not. I'm sure such scenarios exist somewhere, but I don't think the PSTV will have an issue. I get why people are questioning the choice to use it with PSTV, but once you're loaded up with a bunch of emulators, ROMs, and native games, (maybe even music and movies???) I do think you could genuinely appreciate having the huge amount of storage.

Kibbutz90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
Do you have 1TB of data on the vita?
I'm currently using 2 1tb microsd card for psvita, psp, ps1 and retro games. I will be happy to have it working mainly because using a microsd card in the usb port is a pain in the ass because sometimes (even with yamt) this little shit unmount itself for apparently no reasons.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using 2 1tb microsd card for psvita, psp, ps1 and retro games. I will be happy to have it working mainly because using a microsd card in the usb port is a pain in the ass because sometimes (even with yamt) this little shit unmount itself for apparently no reasons.

I see, report back if it work or not, I might eventually move from 1TB to a 1.5TB for my vita.

Kibbutz90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
I see, report back if it work or not, I might eventually move from 1TB to a 1.5TB for my vita.
This weekend when i don't work i will try it for sure and let you know. The only issues i could think of it could be the sd2vita adapter. If a 2tb hdd works fine i don't see why a 1.5tb microsd card shouldn't.
Post automatically merged:

The 1.5tb microsd card works perfectly even on psvita/pstv, make sure to format it the right way (exfat 64kn cluster like the 1tb one) and use a good sd2vita adapter ( i have a white leagy one v6 from amazon).

Last edited by Kibbutz90,

Kibbutz90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
Little update about the card, the card works but i wrote a wrong process by mistake. To make it work properly you have to flash zzblank.img with win32diskimager, then format it in exfat with 128kb cluster size and the vita/tv show it as 1.40tb of free space that i'ts not that bad considering it's a 1.50tb card.

Reactions: Hayato213

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, for Christmas (i know it's a bit early but my brother can't visit me for Christmas so he has come earlier) i recieved a microSD card 1.5TB Sandisk Ultra. The only use i can think is on the pstv for PSP,PS1 and other retro emulation (and why not even some psvita games), but my question is.. does the psvita/pstv support this kind of capacity? I'm currently using a 1tb one and it works like a charm and some years ago i used a 2tb external drive as ux0 so technically shouldn't be a problem or maybe the sd2vita has a limited supported size? Thanks everybody and have a great day.
Do you need a micro sd card that big for the Vita?

Kibbutz90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
Do you need a micro sd card that big for the Vita?
Yep i currently use 2 1tb microsd for storing psvita, ps1 and psp games but i have half card empty and many issues with uma0 usb being randomly unmounted, so i opted for a bigger ux0 card to avoid any problems. I still can use them as backup on my vita or i can give one to my nieces who have just bought a switch for xmas.

• Love
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto