I took out the sd2vita card and now the vita won't read the card

zetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Which Vita do you own, OLED (1000) or Slim (2000)?
For the latter, you can (and should) copy some folders to the internal memory so it doesn't require the SD to boot
or run important apps like VitaShell.

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have PCH-1100. Which of the folders in the picture are the internal memory?

And do i just copy the "VitaShell" folder and the bubble will be copied to the internal memory?

Last edited by filtering_generic,

zetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
First things first, this may or may not work.

BUT, according to a similar thread dating back to 2018 -FOUND HERE-, the solution is easy:
-Turn off the system
-Remove SD
-Turn on the system
-Install Jailbreak (which is then forced unto the internal/original memory)

After that is done successfully, you can turn off the system, pop the SD back in and check for the following folder:
-ur0/app/vitashell
It should contain /sce_sys and eboot.bin.
Double-check with ux0/app/vitashell.

Simply copying the aforementioned folder from ux0 to ur0 may look like a no-brainer.
But i do wonder about it working afterwards...

Last edited by zetsu,

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i didn't have to jail break it because it's already has CFW without the sd2vita adapter. I have the /sce_sys and eboot.bin files and i moved the vitashell folder to ur0 but when i turned off the vita removed the sd2vita adapter and started it up vitashell wasn't there.

zetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Okay, then that would leave you with h-encore² and enso.
Depending on your choice - running the exploit after every reboot or having a 'permanent' custom firmware - you take it from there and read a guide explaining the installation.
You can use the one in the stickied section ("My SD2Vita..."), wololo's guide, the one on TheFlow's github, vita.hacks.guide...

TonasAlves

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sometimes when you handle an SD2Vita adapter, fingerprints can literally stop it from functioning properly. You'd think that they would be a little bit "tougher", but they are quite fragile. This is not an N64 cartridge. Clean the contacts on the bottom of the adapter. Make sure your vita is turned off. Put the card back in and watch the screen. I believe that when you saw that message "updating vita" it actually said "updating database". Keep toying around with the unit, and you're likely to see that message again. LET IT DO WHAT IT'S DOING, DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR CONSOLE.

Finally, make sure that your micro sd card is firmly inserted into the adapter. Pull it out and then put it back into the adapter, without touching the sensitive/exposed part of the sd card.

Let us know how it goes. :)
Post automatically merged:

Additionally, you can check the contents of your micro sd card on your computer, and make sure that your folder settings are set to "show hidden files, folders and drives".
What if we turn it off what would happen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto