Status
Not open for further replies.

Venseer

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not saying it is fake or not, but it does look really suspicious that this is the users only post.
My dad works at Gateway and I can confirm this news.

With all seriousness, even if it's true, I don't see a point to this thread, not until it actually releases :unsure:

gtaking112

Trophies
XP
Country
It's HIGHLY unlikely that this is legit.....GW need kernel access to execute their code and an exploit leading to kernel access would be extraordinarily hard to execute in such a protected environment. Even Smea's exploit is based on a save game exploit rather than exploit in the system itself. If it is true though than I will be pretty pissed off as I own 4 4.5 3DS's and I just paid a fortune for a new and sealed special edition Mario 3DS XL on 4.3 so I don't have to wait a week for ORAS :)

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
It's HIGHLY unlikely that this is legit.....GW need kernel access to execute their code and an exploit leading to kernel access would be extraordinarily hard to execute in such a protected environment. Even Smea's exploit is based on a save game exploit rather than exploit in the system itself. If it is true though than I will be pretty pissed off as I own 4 4.5 3DS's and I just paid a fortune for a new and sealed special edition Mario 3DS XL on 4.3 so I don't have to wait a week for ORAS :)

why? ORAS will most likely work of the bat from 9.x in emuNAND on classic mode

KennyMckormick

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So what? You're going to get all pissy because you're impatient?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Well if the knuckleheads at Sky3ds managed to find a loophole I bet it wont be long for GW to step in.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well if the knuckleheads at Sky3ds managed to find a loophole I bet it wont be long for GW to step in.
yeah...but gateway has no button........so the only way they could change roms would be if they had a actual exploit for 9.x to allow them to run code to allow the usual gateway functions, or if they made it one rom per SD again

sky3ds doesn't have any exploit its all just card emulations.

but yeah i'm skeptical of this email, doesn't seem like the kind of think they would just announce via email to a random query, but they did say they had plans for the new 3ds in their last update so who knows maybe they have been holding onto a exploit

i personally think the best we can hope for from gateway is a sky3ds rip off without the 10 game limit.....but never say never they did say they had a trick up their sleeve......that sounds more like they have something impressive rather than just another emulation cart

gtaking112

Trophies
XP
Country
So what? You're going to get all pissy because you're impatient?

Haha yes :) I'm not waiting a week to play a game that should have gotten a world-wide release like X and Y did.

why? ORAS will most likely work of the bat from 9.x in emuNAND on classic mode

I know but none of my 3DS's are in good condition as I got them all from a second hand shop which is why I went to the trouble of sourcing a new and sealed 4.3 3DS XL which are hard to come by :)

Yes but Sky3DS does not require kernel access like GW does which is why it can't do things like EmuNand.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'll believe it when I see it. :creep:
This is probably the wisest strategy. Not only could someone just forge an e-mail easily, Gateway themselves might just be blowing smoke. If they have a kernel exploit for 9.x, all the power to them - they'll continue being the leading brand of 3DS flashcarts. They've done the impossible before, they might do it now, but as Huntereb says, I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: Danjal

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
And why would you need EMUnand if youre on the latest firmware?
There is a loophole in the latest firmware, and Im sure gateway will make it their top priority to work on it. If they remove the limit which im sure they will and add future firmware support sky3ds is gonna crash and burn.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Please, what a load of.......

Gateway team would get 500+ emails a week regarding higher firmware support. How many GBATEMP users also send asking that question, has anyone gotten a reply? No, not that I know of.

I find it hard to beleive they wouldn't reply to a native english speakers cohesive email, yet they replied to an email which has clearly been run through google translate or the author has a very very low grasp of english language.

Inb4 fake.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is probably the wisest strategy. Not only could someone just forge an e-mail easily, Gateway themselves might just be blowing smoke. If they have a kernel exploit for 9.x, all the power to them - they'll continue being the leading brand of 3DS flashcarts. They've done the impossible before, they might do it now, but as Huntereb says, I'll believe it when I see it.

Well as soon as ive seen the mail i sent GW an email to confirm if its true. If I get lucky and they actually respond ill post my reply ASAP!

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seeing is believing - it does seem odd that they'd reveal it like this.
Then again, stranger things have happened.

Reactions: gamefan5

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well as soon as ive seen the mail i sent GW an email to confirm if its true. If I get lucky and they actually respond ill post my reply ASAP!
Even if they do reply and they say it's true, so what? I want to see results, not promises. You can't boot your flashcart with a promise. :P They have a very serious competitor now, not because their cart lacks features (Gateway *is* undeniably the best flashkit for the 3DS), but because sky3DS runs on all of the systems Gateway simply can't run on. I bet they have a fire under their asses right now and I bet they're working like busy bees to rectify the problem somehow.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
If they implement a feature similar to the Sky3DS, so it would work on 9.x consoles in the same way as the Sky3DS, you can consider the Sky3DS pretty much irrelevant now. It lacks a physical button, so you can't easily switch to a different game. But you could easily put in code to tell the card to cycle to the next game everytime you power cycle it. (aka, eject cartridge and re-insert it). I don't see why they couldn't get it to work like that. ;)

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even if they do reply and they say it's true, so what? I want to see results, not promises. You can't boot your flashcart with a promise. :P They have a very serious competitor now, not because their cart lacks features (Gateway *is* undeniably the best flashkit for the 3DS), but because sky3DS runs on all of the systems Gateway simply can't run on. I bet they have a fire under their asses right now and I bet they're working like busy bees to rectify the problem somehow.
So is it safe to say that it its particular market, Sky3DS is a monopoly?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States

Honestly, I doubt a software update can change the guts of the flashcart, lol. I bet they'll release a competitior with the same stats and everything. Or release a card that can function both ways.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yea, pretty much - even if they aren't close.
Ofcourse they'd say they are close.

It would stop people from getting a SKY3DS card and may even convince some to buy a Gateway "early" hoping to have it ready for when their patch hits.
So is it safe to say that it its particular market, Sky3DS is a monopoly?
For the time being.

Reactions: gamefan5

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, I doubt a software update can change the guts of the flashcart, lol. I bet they'll release a competitior with the same stats and everything. Or release a card that can function both ways.
... Gateway 2.0 was a software update that did change functionality of the flashcart by adding multitudes of options. That's because of its FPGA chip inside the flashcart

Reactions: MarkDarkness
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E