Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
No every Gamecube inject automatically has Gamepad support that can't be it. When you inject a gamecube game the program doesn't let you change the gamepad support you have to have it.

That makes me wonder did you choose gc retail inject on the top? If you injected a gc game under Wii that's your problem.

Where it says Wii Retail Injection Wii Homebrew Injection and GC Retail Injection choose GC Retail Injection.
The problem was not enabling gamepad support at the start of the game cause i disable it and still doesn´t work. Yes, i selected GC retail injection.
Now i´ll try with other game installed without "specify custom nintendont forwader" option of TeconMoon´s injector.

Psdt: Enabling "specify custom nintendont forwader" and selecting my main.dol file was the problem. I build another Iso without that function, and it worked, thank you very much.

Last edited by Escorpion,

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
No every Gamecube inject automatically has Gamepad support that can't be it. When you inject a gamecube game the program doesn't let you change the gamepad support you have to have it.

That makes me wonder did you choose gc retail inject on the top? If you injected a gc game under Wii that's your problem.

Where it says Wii Retail Injection Wii Homebrew Injection and GC Retail Injection choose GC Retail Injection.
Hi Justin, all gamecube injects are working and i can play with the gamepad so it's perfect.
Otherwise Wii inject freezes after Wii logo and stays on a black screen, also it doesn't ask like gc injects for yes/no gamepad support, how must i set Wii retail injections???
Psdt: i look the Wii vc injection gamepad compatibility list, so i'm trying with a game already tested... it is Resident Evil Archives

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all Wii injects can use the gamepad. If you inject a game that can't use a gamepad with gamepad support it will usually freeze. Use this list to see which ones can use gamepad http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_Wii_inject_compatibility_list

As you can see by the list, most games still require you to use a wiimote unfortunately.

Edit: didn't read your edit until now. I see you already looked at the list. Yeah RE Archives should work. Not sure why it's freezing. Make sure you run CFW before you install any inject. Other than that not sure.

Last edited by ,

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Not all Wii injects can use the gamepad. If you inject a game that can't use a gamepad with gamepad support it will usually freeze. Use this list to see which ones can use gamepad http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_Wii_inject_compatibility_list

As you can see by the list, most games still require you to use a wiimote unfortunately.
Psdt: i look the Wii vc injection gamepad compatibility list, so i'm trying with a game already tested... it is Resident Evil Archives.

I already check that list, and i´m trying with a compatible game... but at launch it doesn´t ask like GC injections for yes/no gamepad support.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing I can tell you is redo it and make sure you didn't leave it on no gamepad support under gamepad/meta options. Choose classic controller emulation. If you did do that already, no idea.

Reactions: Escorpion

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah gamecube games you don't have to worry it's automatically set to gamepad support. But wii games you have to choose it yourself otherwise you will just have wiimote support. It's because unlike gamecube where all games work with gamepad, most wii games don't.

Last edited by ,

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For Wii injects GamePad support, rule of thumb, if Wii game supports Classic Controller, most likely you can get GamePad support, simple.
However if game supports sideways remote with NO motion and pointer controls, then it's a 50/50 change GamePad will also work.
Simple way is to search google for pics of the back cover for the Wii game and look for the Classic Controller icon, also you might run into some game that don't detect the GamePad so you need to do a resync of the in game Classic Controller by pressing the Home button on the GamePad and pressing it again to get back into the game.

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
For Wii injects GamePad support, rule of thumb, if Wii game supports Classic Controller, most likely you can get GamePad support, simple.
However if game supports sideways remote with NO motion and pointer controls, then it's a 50/50 change GamePad will also work.
Simple way is to search google for pics of the back cover for the Wii game and look for the Classic Controller icon, also you might run into some game that don't detect the GamePad so you need to do a resync of the in game Classic Controller by pressing the Home button on the GamePad and pressing it again to get back into the game.
I set it as you and Justin said, but it just freeze on black screen after the Wii logo...

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You ran CFW before you ran Wup installer?
Of course... don't forget i already have success with the gamecube injects... but this Wii inject get a black screen and then i have to disconnect the power cable, cause even the power button doesnt respond.
The game im using is compatible, i saw it in the compatibility list. It is Resident evil archives.
I'll try with Pandoras tower

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure there's no special characters in the location of your iso. Such as : & * - etc..... if so edit them out and try again. That includes the folder that contains your iso. i.e. if the folder or iso says Resident Evil: Archives that could be your problem. Change them to just Resident Evil Archive or whatever just no special characters.

Last edited by ,

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Of course... don't forget i already have success with the gamecube injects... but this Wii inject get a black screen and then i have to disconnect the power cable, cause even the power button doesnt respond.
The game im using is compatible, i saw it in the compatibility list. It is Resident evil archives.
I'll try with Pandoras tower

Also, its always best practice to always use the same region Wii game as your WiiU or you'll also get black screen because of unsupported Video modes that the game uses.

I've injected RE Archives ages ago and from memory, this game is not cross region so you must use your region version of the game.

If this does not apply to you, we are running out of ideas

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Make sure there's no special characters in the location of your iso. Such as : & * - etc..... if so edit them out and try again. That includes the folder that contains your iso. i.e. if the folder or iso says Resident Evil: Archives that could be your problem. Change them to just Resident Evil Archive or whatever just no special characters.
I really appreciate you´re time and help.
1) Pandora´s tower worked.
2) So now, i think the problem with Resident Evil archives is this: in the compatibility list notes says. status works. gamepad works. 1:1 dump, stock fw.img
3) or that was the problem, or the problem was the Region of the iso as xs4all says

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, its always best practice to always use the same region Wii game as your WiiU or you'll also get black screen because of unsupported Video modes that the game uses.

I've injected RE Archives ages ago and from memory, this game is not cross region so you must use your region version of the game.

If this does not apply to you, we are running out of ideas
It´s funny because i checked the region of the game with Wii Backup Manager and it says it´s PAL... But also Pandora´s tower is PAL region and it works, as you said, maybe this one is cross region and RE archives is not, thank you i´ll download later the game with Usa region to see if it works, for now Pandora´s works and that´s enough.

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The problem was 1:1 dump, stock fw.img.
A non-clean Iso like the one that i have of RE.archives, has default IOS36.
Pandora´s Tower has default IOS56.
So definitely the IOS vr. is the problem... Now i just check my Isos with Wii backup manager to see the default IOS and that´s it.

need2burn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue some of you have with games installing fine but show up with "???" corrupted data. Specifically, my issue is with Phantasy Star Online I & II. Notice that silly ampersand is there. Well I've removed the "&" from the filename, the name that appears in the Wii U menu, and the path and still i get the corrupted data. My unshrunk dump should be fine.

1. Has anyone sucessfully gotten PSO I&II USA to work?
2. Is there something I'm missing?
3. I haven't tried, but can someone tell me if the European version works?

Thanks

Last edited by need2burn,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason is the game using special character, the "&" is the problem. If you change & to and (for both the folders that contain the game and the iso itself) it should work. I've injected PSO I&II myself and it works. Both USA and Euro version should work if you remove the special character.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and that includes when you inject it the name under gamepad/meta cant have &

Sorry i just read youve already tried that. No idea then.

Last edited by ,

need2burn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason is the game using special character, the "&" is the problem. If you change & to and (for both the folders that contain the game and the iso itself) it should work. I've injected PSO I&II myself and it works. Both USA and Euro version should work if you remove the special character.

I have changed every instance of the ampersand and still the installs have not worked.

Well I've removed the "&" from the filename, the name that appears in the Wii U menu, and the path and still i get the corrupted data. My unshrunk dump should be fine.

Thank you for the info that it does indeed work.

Last edited by need2burn,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that didn't work I would try a different region. If you've tried pal and it didn't work try usa, or vice versa. If that still doesn't work then unfortunately IDK.

MikaTh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok so... i had to reset my Windows 10, and since than i'm having this issue, everytime i try to inject a gcn iso. tried residente evil and bust a move 3000. i already ran both in nintendont from vwii hbc, so it isn't na iso coruption problem. wtf is going on

Attachments

• Sem título.png
    Sem título.png
    515.7 KB · Views: 158

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!