Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

indierocker774

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I've got 2 questions if anyone happens to have any insight to help me out.

1) I've run into some analog control issues with injected GC games, chiefly Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow. On an actual Gamecube the left trigger has a double function. Pulling in slightly for your binoculars, or all the way for the other option that I can't think of at the moment. My understanding is when using the GamePad I should be able to hold L to get the analog functions as alt's for LR & ZR, but they don't work for me, which has caused me to be stuck in that particular game. I left WiiVC's settings at default when running my iso through the program. Does anyone know what my issue might be?

2) Memory Card Size. Some game saves require more space than the default cfg file creates. I've tried creating a new cfg file with the size adjusted via the WiiVC inector program, but it has't helped any and those affected games still can't save due to not having enough free space. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for any all help!!

brandon916

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noticed WiiWare games are in wad format. How do I inject these as wii games like I do with the other wii titles with that teconmoon app? Thanks.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noticed WiiWare games are in wad format. How do I inject these as wii games like I do with the other wii titles with that teconmoon app? Thanks.

Wads have to be installed on vWii side with a wad manager. The injector just makes forwarders that forwards the wads from the vwii side to the Wii U menu.

Last edited by ,

brandon916

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wads have to be installed on vWii side with a wad manager. The injector just makes forwarders that forwards the wads from the vwii side to the Wii U menu.

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about. I see iso and wad as files. I see how the iso is converted so the wii u installer can install the games. I can't figure out how to make the injector see the wad files so it can be converted. This way I can then install it in wii u.

Maybe my concept of how to inject these are wrong?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not even reading what I said. You can't install wads through this. You have to hack your vWii, get a wad manager and install the wad on the vWii side (NOT the Wii U side) then, after that's done you use this to make a forwarder that forwards it to the Wii U side.

brandon916

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not even reading what I said. You can't install wads through this. You have to hack your vWii, get a wad manager and install the wad on the vWii side (NOT the Wii U side) then, after that's done you use this to make a forwarder that forwards it to the Wii U side.

Oh man. Confusing but thanks for the info. I think I kinda understand you but sounds like too much work to apply this. Thanks though.

maddenmike95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been answered in the previous 300 pages but I really don't have time to scour through it all. I'm injecting super mario galaxy 1 and super mario galaxy 2 via wii retail injection and would like to know if it will be playable with the wii classic controller or wii u pro controller without motion controls? So pretty much, I would like to play these two games without the nunchuk and vertical wiimote if thats possible with the controller patches / emulation modes.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok so... i had to reset my Windows 10, and since than i'm having this issue, everytime i try to inject a gcn iso. tried residente evil and bust a move 3000. i already ran both in nintendont from vwii hbc, so it isn't na iso coruption problem. wtf is going on

Don't use any weird characters in your user profile name in Windows, in the pic you provided I can see that you have "é" in your user profile name: C:\users\miquéias
Create a NEW user profile and keep it simple, this app does not like those characters, your old windows most likely didn't have those characters in your user profile and that's why it probably worked.

Sorry if this has been answered in the previous 300 pages but I really don't have time to scour through it all. I'm injecting super mario galaxy 1 and super mario galaxy 2 via wii retail injection and would like to know if it will be playable with the wii classic controller or wii u pro controller without motion controls? So pretty much, I would like to play these two games without the nunchuk and vertical wiimote if thats possible with the controller patches / emulation modes.

Simple answer: NO
First and foremost the Wii game MUST support Classic Controller for GamePad mode to work, there is currently no patches to patch games that uses motion/pointer controls to be used with Classic Controller or WiiU Pro Controller. However you can patch games that use sideways remote only, no motion/pointer controls.

Last edited by xs4all,
Reactions: maddenmike95

maddenmike95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple answer: NO
First and foremost the Wii game MUST support Classic Controller for GamePad mode to work, there is currently no patches to patch games that uses motion/pointer controls to be used with Classic Controller or WiiU Pro Controller. However you can patch games that use sideways remote only, no motion/pointer controls.
Alright thanks for the quick response

earithramir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

Would it be possible to use the common key of my own wii u, and if so thus this eliminate the need for the sig patch?
My installes seem to be failing, trying to to get my Mario Party 7 disc injected as gamecube inject.
Tried running the rip using the emulator on pc and that works, so its not the rip... i think :P

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
i have quick question im trying to make snes9x rx an inject but wanting to know roughly how long it would take as im at converting all image sources to TGA Specification not sure if teconmoon has crashed or not as process is taking time

earithramir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for the lazy question, but does anyone know if I can inject NTSC Wii games into a UK Wii U console?
I would avoid using other region games on the wii U. I could probably work, but there is a change of corrupting your system, Isn't there a version of the game that matches the region of your system? Anyways if u really want to try always try this installing this to usb instead of internal memory. Which game are u referring to?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have quick question im trying to make snes9x rx an inject but wanting to know roughly how long it would take as im at converting all image sources to TGA Specification not sure if teconmoon has crashed or not as process is taking time
IT shoudn't take very long, although i have a 270/270 mbit connection, but these files aren't really that big.
I've created a n64 inject and it took roughfly a couple of minutes (5?) for the overal process, including me taking the choices in the script.

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would avoid using other region games on the wii U. I could probably work, but there is a change of corrupting your system, Isn't there a version of the game that matches the region of your system? Anyways if u really want to try always try this installing this to usb instead of internal memory. Which game are u referring to?
I wasnt aware of the compatibility list above, so I'm starting to refer to that before I try anything.
I try to use EU games where ever I can but sometimes I can only find a download for US version. I havent tried a US game that the compatibility list claims wouldnt work.

MikaTh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't use any weird characters in your user profile name in Windows, in the pic you provided I can see that you have "é" in your user profile name: C:\users\miquéias
Create a NEW user profile and keep it simple, this app does not like those characters, your old windows most likely didn't have those characters in your user profile and that's why it probably worked.
holy cow it worked. thanks man

Reactions: xs4all

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

IT shoudn't take very long, although i have a 270/270 mbit connection, but these files aren't really that big.
I've created a n64 inject and it took roughfly a couple of minutes (5?) for the overal process, including me taking the choices in the script.
Ok I managed to get working I'm on windows 10 and have issues so I used compatibility mode set it to windows 7 and works a treat now thank you
I'm just waiting for a few emulators to work with Wii U game pad with screen
As snes9xrx doesn't work with it which is a shame I'm gonna try the overclocking for vwii also I'm running CBHC

Also does anyone know if main dashboard can be themed I want it black to go with my Wii dashboard

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +1
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D