[RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TeconMoon, Sep 9, 2017.

1. anti_matter

anti_matter Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    Netherlands
    So, I got it installed and the icon is on my Wii U but when I opened the game it said something like boot.dol was not found. Now everytime I try to open SSBM again it says Error Code: 199-9999

2. wolf_

wolf_ GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2012
    United States
    How did you modify the main.dol? I been wanting to try to get gamepad working on it

3. GrandEmpress

GrandEmpress Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    United States
    I have another question. If you’re injecting an ISO and a modded ISO of the same game, for instance Pokemon XD and Pokemon XG, or SSBMelee and Project M, how are saves handled? Before I learned of this injection method, on my Nintendont emulator, the save files of my XD an XG were being shared by both titles. Is there a way to separate them? Or am I doing something wrong here?

4. BQuail

BQuail Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2017
    United States
    Yep! All the games will run the same way that it runs on vWii with a few exceptions, I've converted so many games and had only 1 real issue: Pokémon Battle Revolution does not work at all, the battle never starts, other games are fully functional or sometimes doesn't play on the GamePad even with Classic Controller support. The new script version seems to make the GamePad work in these games too.[/QUOTE]

Great! One more question: Are we sharing icons and bootsounds somewhere?

WiisleyU likes this.
  5. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Since I can't provide the main.dol because it's copyright material I prepared a folder to simple patch.

Note it only applies to the USA version of the game (I tried DCKR v1.01)
    What it patch: Y=run, B=jump, ZR=blow/stomp
    1. Open your ISO with WiiScrubber
    2. In DATA partition look for main.dol file, right click extract and save it on DKRC CC patch folder
    3. In the DKRC CC patch folder open apply_patch.bat
    4. With the main.dol patched go to WiiScrubber again, select main.dol right click replace and select the patched main.dol
    5. ???
    6. Profit
    Now you can inject your shiny new DKRC with gamepad support :P

The patcher .exe is part of @Wiimm tools, and the .gct code is from @crediar so I don't take credit on that.

Attached Files:

Last edited by cucholix, Oct 31, 2017
  6. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME
    Great! One more question: Are we sharing icons and bootsounds somewhere?[/QUOTE]

https://gbatemp.net/threads/banners-icon-templates-for-wii-vc.483080/

7. TeconMoon
    OP

TeconMoon GBAtemp Stubborn Injection Guy

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    You need to have Nintendont on your SD card for GameCube injections. If you aren't using CBHC you'll probably need to re-run whatever signature patches you're using.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You will want to convert that MP3 to a proper WAV file or you'll end up with no boot sound, a not working channel, or some other issue.

Just like renaming a JPG to PNG doesn't convert it to the PNG format, renaming a MP3 to WAV does not convert it to the WAV format.

8. anti_matter

anti_matter Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    Netherlands
    Basically I'll need to re do everything and say no to "automatically start up SSBM" to get Nintendont. Do I need to delete the first SSBM thats om my Wii U?

Last edited by anti_matter, Oct 31, 2017
  9. WiiSonic1

WiiSonic1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2015
    Mexico
    Hello

I'm having a problem with this, it all works well until it's time to create the game, it start to check for internet connection and after that it simple stop. I already check and my OS is compatible with Robocopy and already desinstalled Java 2 times and still doesn't work. I left my log here, there are some parts in Spanish, hope that doesn't make thing complicated for you.

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      10 KB
      Views:
  10. GrandEmpress

GrandEmpress Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    United States
    How do you get to and edit Main.dol files to allow gamepad compatibility?

11. TeconMoon
    OP

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    No you literally download nintendont from github and put it on your SD card. This isn't advanced stuff but it does require basic knowledge of Wii and Wii U homebrew.

OrGoN3 likes this.
  12. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Do you have plans to support injecting WiiWare?

13. anti_matter

anti_matter Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    Netherlands
    Ohh, thanks. Sorry this is my first time "hacking" my Wii U so I dont know much of it

14. TeconMoon
    OP

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    With the re-write which is basically complete you'll be able to create a Wii U Title that launches a Wii Title ID, so for example you could install Mega Man 9 on your vWii as a WAD which has the title ID WR9E, and then the Title you generate will boot Mega Man 9 from your vWii.

So in this sense, WiiWare can only sorta be injected. You still have to install the WiiWare on your vWii but it can be launched from the Wii U Menu and controlled by the GamePad in some cases.

15. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Errr, sorry, I should've elaborated a bit more. That's kinda what I meant, lol. Are you implementing wiivc_chan_booter?

16. TeconMoon
    OP

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    Yup yup yup

OrGoN3 and Blaze Uchiha like this.
  17. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    This means we can also inject a working hbc channel forwarder to the Wii U side too right?

18. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    If you have HBC installed on vWii nand, yes

19. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    I do. Both Fix94's and the one that installs with bootmii installer. The forwarder I have now crashes the second it loads the hbc

20. TeconMoon
    OP

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    This already exists so making a forwarder for the HBC would be more work than it's worth

darkangel84 likes this.