Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

GrandEmpress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another question. If you’re injecting an ISO and a modded ISO of the same game, for instance Pokemon XD and Pokemon XG, or SSBMelee and Project M, how are saves handled? Before I learned of this injection method, on my Nintendont emulator, the save files of my XD an XG were being shared by both titles. Is there a way to separate them? Or am I doing something wrong here?

BQuail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So....does this mean compatibility issues are non existent? Just curious because I've got a crap load of game and before I started going through the process of Injecting/WUP Installing I want to be sure they all work well.
Yep! All the games will run the same way that it runs on vWii with a few exceptions, I've converted so many games and had only 1 real issue: Pokémon Battle Revolution does not work at all, the battle never starts, other games are fully functional or sometimes doesn't play on the GamePad even with Classic Controller support. The new script version seems to make the GamePad work in these games too.[/QUOTE]

Great! One more question: Are we sharing icons and bootsounds somewhere?

Reactions: WiisleyU

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
How did you modify the main.dol? I been wanting to try to get gamepad working on it
Since I can't provide the main.dol because it's copyright material I prepared a folder to simple patch.

Note it only applies to the USA version of the game (I tried DCKR v1.01)
What it patch: Y=run, B=jump, ZR=blow/stomp
  1. Open your ISO with WiiScrubber
  2. In DATA partition look for main.dol file, right click extract and save it on DKRC CC patch folder
  3. In the DKRC CC patch folder open apply_patch.bat
  4. With the main.dol patched go to WiiScrubber again, select main.dol right click replace and select the patched main.dol
  5. ???
  6. Profit
Now you can inject your shiny new DKRC with gamepad support :P

The patcher .exe is part of @Wiimm tools, and the .gct code is from @crediar so I don't take credit on that.

Attachments

• DKRC CC patch.rar
    471.5 KB · Views: 2,108
Last edited by cucholix,

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep! All the games will run the same way that it runs on vWii with a few exceptions, I've converted so many games and had only 1 real issue: Pokémon Battle Revolution does not work at all, the battle never starts, other games are fully functional or sometimes doesn't play on the GamePad even with Classic Controller support. The new script version seems to make the GamePad work in these games too.

Great! One more question: Are we sharing icons and bootsounds somewhere?[/QUOTE]

https://gbatemp.net/threads/banners-icon-templates-for-wii-vc.483080/

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got it installed and the icon is on my Wii U but when I opened the game it said something like boot.dol was not found. Now everytime I try to open SSBM again it says Error Code: 199-9999
You need to have Nintendont on your SD card for GameCube injections. If you aren't using CBHC you'll probably need to re-run whatever signature patches you're using.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What about the mp3 file?

You will want to convert that MP3 to a proper WAV file or you'll end up with no boot sound, a not working channel, or some other issue.

Just like renaming a JPG to PNG doesn't convert it to the PNG format, renaming a MP3 to WAV does not convert it to the WAV format.

anti_matter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You need to have Nintendont on your SD card for GameCube injections. If you aren't using CBHC you'll probably need to re-run whatever signature patches you're using.
Basically I'll need to re do everything and say no to "automatically start up SSBM" to get Nintendont. Do I need to delete the first SSBM thats om my Wii U?

Last edited by anti_matter,

WiiSonic1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello

I'm having a problem with this, it all works well until it's time to create the game, it start to check for internet connection and after that it simple stop. I already check and my OS is compatible with Robocopy and already desinstalled Java 2 times and still doesn't work. I left my log here, there are some parts in Spanish, hope that doesn't make thing complicated for you.

Attachments

• log.txt
    10 KB · Views: 346

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically I'll need to re do everything and say no to "automatically start up SSBM" to get Nintendont. Do I need to delete the first SSBM thats om my Wii U?
No you literally download nintendont from github and put it on your SD card. This isn't advanced stuff but it does require basic knowledge of Wii and Wii U homebrew.

Reactions: OrGoN3

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have plans to support injecting WiiWare?
With the re-write which is basically complete you'll be able to create a Wii U Title that launches a Wii Title ID, so for example you could install Mega Man 9 on your vWii as a WAD which has the title ID WR9E, and then the Title you generate will boot Mega Man 9 from your vWii.

So in this sense, WiiWare can only sorta be injected. You still have to install the WiiWare on your vWii but it can be launched from the Wii U Menu and controlled by the GamePad in some cases.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the re-write which is basically complete you'll be able to create a Wii U Title that launches a Wii Title ID, so for example you could install Mega Man 9 on your vWii as a WAD which has the title ID WR9E, and then the Title you generate will boot Mega Man 9 from your vWii.

So in this sense, WiiWare can only sorta be injected. You still have to install the WiiWare on your vWii but it can be launched from the Wii U Menu and controlled by the GamePad in some cases.
Errr, sorry, I should've elaborated a bit more. That's kinda what I meant, lol. Are you implementing wiivc_chan_booter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1