Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
I have not yet bought the DLCs for my legit copy of Hyrule Warriors.

My question is, If I only download the DLCs from this app, would it be useable with my Hyrule Warriors? or do I really have to download the DLCs with the whole game?
also, if I download and install a game from this app, would it work like a normal downloaded game? or would I need to run CFW first? Thanks!

Velocity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have not yet bought the DLCs for my legit copy of Hyrule Warriors.

My question is, If I only download the DLCs from this app, would it be useable with my Hyrule Warriors? or do I really have to download the DLCs with the whole game?
also, if I download and install a game from this app, would it work like a normal downloaded game? or would I need to run CFW first? Thanks!
You can just download and install the DLC.

I am not logged into the app at the moment, but if Hyrule Warriors is available from the app in your region, and it doesn't say CFW Only, then it would work without the use of CFW.

But, installing the DLC would require the use of a CFW anyway.

Reactions: nintendoom

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
You can just download and install the DLC.

I am not logged into the app at the moment, but if Hyrule Warriors is available from the app in your region, and it doesn't say CFW Only, then it would work without the use of CFW.

But, installing the DLC would require the use of a CFW anyway.

Very nice. Thanks! :D

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to backup my Zelda BotW save, but it says "No save was found for this game on your Wii U", is the game still not supported for save backup?

Edit: I am an impatient idiot, it does work, it just fails a lot of times first.
By the way, BotW saves the pictures you take as regular JPGs, which kind of surprised me.

Last edited by Edgarska,

LukeIMG19

Trophies
XP
Country
When running Breath Of The Wild, it asks me to install an update, even though it's already installed...What do?

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When I verify games before copying to SD I am randomly getting a message saying that they are corrupted only to try again straight away and have them verify fine.

Is this a bug?

I am downloading using the tool at the same time in the background, maybe that is causing the issue.

Last edited by chr0m,

rockla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Can we know how does it resolves the different filenames ? Reason I'm asking is cause it at times keeps on retrying the download and succeeds after 7-8 attempts does not happens often but it does once a while in a game download.

How does it knows whether it needs to download a,b,c,d, etc files as i found it cannot be consistent across different games

Fiddler on connection interruption and the links

w3ap7m3b.png

Last edited by rockla,

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Having issues with DLC, I'm installing it and running it while running Mocha.
If I choose any of the new characters in Mario Kart 8 it wants me to buy them and tries to connect to eshop, which fails because of my DNS
Also with BOTW it says "DLC purchased" but I don't see any new stuff

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having issues with DLC, I'm installing it and running it while running Mocha.
If I choose any of the new characters in Mario Kart 8 it wants me to buy them and tries to connect to eshop, which fails because of my DNS
Also with BOTW it says "DLC purchased" but I don't see any new stuff
I don't know about the MK8 issue, but the only DLC out for BotW right now is a few chests with items, and you have to look for them in the plateau.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't know about the MK8 issue, but the only DLC out for BotW right now is a few chests with items, and you have to look for them in the plateau.

Ahh ok, thanks. MK8 DLC worked the next time I tried it.

I also don't seem to have verify issues now that I'm not downloading in the background. Earlier when I had a big download queue most games would fail verification, I'd keep trying and they would work usually the second or third time, weird.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Can we know how does it resolves the different filenames ? Reason I'm asking is cause it at times keeps on retrying the download and succeeds after 7-8 attempts does not happens often but it does once a while in a game download.

How does it knows whether it needs to download a,b,c,d, etc files as i found it cannot be consistent across different games

Fiddler on connection interruption and the links

w3ap7m3b.png
The TMD file contains the info about every file that needs to be downloaded.
It's possible the app may have to retry if you are experiencing timeouts though.

rockla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Thanks but that file is encrypted how to decrypt it and get the actual filenames ?

I tried using wiiu descrypted content GUI it seems not to be running
says

Usage:
CDecrypt.exe tmd cetk

How are you decrpyting the files there is constant disconnection and would really appreciate to get the files from IDM instead

@Hikari06

Last edited by rockla,

bigballs1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
There's an option to pack as .cia. Right click the title you downloaded and it's the last option at the bottom.
thanks. problem i have now lol is the app does not see that ive downloaded any 3ds games which i have, even after setting the folder. so right clicking then selecting the last option does nothing.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but that file is encrypted how to decrypt it and get the actual filenames ?
Look at the structure of a tmd It's not a list of files, it's blocks of data that tell you the content ID, type, size and hash. You have to already know what to do with that information. If you want to know how to handle a tmd file, take a look at the source for one of the open source downloaders, or ask Hikario06 for the old version's source.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Man, I've been using this app for a couple of days and I've gotta say, it's so much easier than anything we had back in the Wii days!!

I'm so impressed with how everything works, asking if you want DLC and Updates to be installed when just choosing the game. Everything about this software is epic!

Downloading 3DS games is a bonus, though I've used freeshop for everything it's nice to be offered that option. Are they in .CIA format?

Great work anyways, I don't know what else there is to add to this, but as far as I can see it's perfect!

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Man, I've been using this app for a couple of days and I've gotta say, it's so much easier than anything we had back in the Wii days!!

I'm so impressed with how everything works, asking if you want DLC and Updates to be installed when just choosing the game. Everything about this software is epic!

Downloading 3DS games is a bonus, though I've used freeshop for everything it's nice to be offered that option. Are they in .CIA format?

Great work anyways, I don't know what else there is to add to this, but as far as I can see it's perfect!
Thanks !
3ds games are stored as raw h3 and app files on your computer but are automatically packed to cia when using the copy to SD feature. You can also right click to manually pack it.

Motron9000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Becuase of internet issues beyond my control I was forced to download some 3DS stuff on another PC and move them to my PC via a flash drive.

I stumbled upon the "import games" function and thought everything was good. Turns out it was only half good.

I was able to import any WiiU DLC/GMAES/UPDATES, however any 3DS related material will not import. Ive tried organizing the data/folders in different ways and searching from different points in the folder hierarchy, no dice.

Anybody got some advice? Does the import function not work for 3DS titles? I need to be able to pack them as CIAs for install and doin it trough the app seems to be the only solution.

Unless somebody knows of another way I can turn .app and .tik files to .cia?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I managed to import the 3DS update files but the Game data still wont recognizale.

Last edited by Motron9000,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pretindo already at 73% lol