Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
I was having the same problem. Just download the setup again and it worked :)

Cheers i'll try that

Uninstalled it, installed it, same problem. Uninstalled again. cleaned my registry, tried again. same problem. I've never had an issue before until it updated today. strange.

Last edited by KungFuzion,

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a very stupid question but I'm scared of bricking my Wii U, lol.

I want to play Fatal Frame Wii U (the app says CFW ONLY) and I was planning to install it on my USB HDD. I tried to install REDNAND but I don't have a 64GB SD Card.

Is it safe to install Fatal Frame Wii U to my USB HDD if I don't have REDNAND?

If not, is there another way to install and play Fatal Frame Wii U on my USB HDD, without REDNAND?

Last edited by Comedor,

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a very stupid question but I'm scared of bricking my Wii U, lol.

I want to play Fatal Frame Wii U (the app says CFW ONLY) and I was planning to install it on my USB HDD. I tried to install REDNAND but I don't have a 64GB SD Card.

Is it safe to install Fatal Frame Wii U to my USB HDD if I don't have REDNAND?

If not, is there another way to install and play Fatal Frame Wii U on my USB HDD, without REDNAND?
You can run any game you want in SysNAND without the need of redNAND, but to run VC games and DLC in SysNAND you will need to run first IOSUHAX, at least one time when you turn on your Wii U (of course if you turn off your Wii U and turn it on again, then run IOSUHAX again)

Metaright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unable to install this. I get the following error log:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.14393.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
clr.dll : 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
dfdll.dll : 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
dfshim.dll : 10.0.14393.0 (rs1_release.160715-1616)

SOURCES
Deployment url : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kazegaya/wiiu/master/deploy/WiiU_USB_Helper.application

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : WiiU_USB_Helper.application, Version=0.6.1.96, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=msil

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kazegaya/wiiu/master/deploy/WiiU_USB_Helper.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Activation failed.
+ The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [12/3/2016 12:05:38 AM] : Activation of https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kazegaya/wiiu/master/deploy/WiiU_USB_Helper.application has started.
* [12/3/2016 12:05:38 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [12/3/2016 12:05:38 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Activation)
- Activation failed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.FileNotFoundException
- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
* Transaction at [12/3/2016 12:05:38 AM]
+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata
- HRESULT: 0x0
+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreTransactionOperationType (27)
- HRESULT: 0x0

Any idea what's wrong?

EDIT: Just tried it out on another computer, and it worked. Would still like a solution for this, though, if possible.

Last edited by Metaright,

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can run any game you want in SysNAND without the need of redNAND, but to run VC games and DLC in SysNAND you will need to run first IOSUHAX, at least one time when you turn on your Wii U (of course if you turn off your Wii U and turn it on again, then run IOSUHAX again)
Should I use Dimok or fix94?

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way we could get a better naming/sorting schema?
It'd be best to use the tags from the official XMLs that Nintendo provides.
It would be awesome if your app utilized all of that info from the XMLs and you had a data overhaul from it.
I mean it provides if demos are available, the publisher, ratings, controls, release date; etc!
They also provide the formal game name/info which is way more correct than pulling names from "that site".

Aka go to: "https://ninja.ctr.shop.nintendo.net/ninja/ws/titles/id_pair?title_id[]=000500001012BD00" (with ClCertA SSL certs)
and get the Content ID to get the XML: https://samurai.ctr.shop.nintendo.net/samurai/ws/US/title/20010000001944

formal_name:
  • Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
  • Unepic
  • F1 RACE STARS™ POWERED UP EDITION
  • Donkey Kong Country™: Tropical Freeze
  • NBA® 2K13
  • BLOK DROP U
  • Mighty Bomb Jack™
  • Ninja Gaiden®
  • The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
  • Percy's Predicament
  • The LEGO® Movie Videogame
platform_name:
  • Game Boy Advance [x]-- Virtual Console.
  • NES [x]-- Virtual Console.
  • Nintendo 64 [x]-- Virtual Console.
  • Nintendo DS [x]-- Virtual Console.
  • Super NES [x]-- Virtual Console.
  • TurboGrafx16 [x]-- Virtual Console.
  • Wii Retail/Download [x]-- I've made mine (Wii Retail & Download) as "/" isn't allowed.
  • Wii U Download Only [x]-- aka eShop releases only. (I found two they marked as this, but are also retail.)
  • Wii U Retail Only [x]-- Only sold in stores.
  • Wii U Retail/Download [x]-- Available on the eShop and on disc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tag the updates as: (UPDATE v00)
Tag sigpatch'd tickets as: (FAKESIGNED)
Tag the sigpatch'd DLC as: (DLC) (FAKESIGNED)

Remove any accents or special characters as well to avoid WUPinstaller issues: ?®©"º™/ etc.
and properly sort them into the above noted folders for easy browsing including updates and dlc:
  • /USA/UPDATES/
  • /USA/NES/
  • /USA/DLC/
  • /USA/Wii U Download Only
Examples:
  • /USA/UPDATES/99Moves [0005000E10183900] (Wii U Download Only) (UPDATE v32)
  • /USA/UPDATES/Tetrobot & Co. [0005000E1018ED00] (Wii U Download Only) (UPDATE v16)
  • /USA/Wii U Retail & Download/Angry Birds™ Star Wars [0005000010145E00] (Wii U Retail & Download)
  • /USA/Wii U Retail & Download/Super Mario™ 3D World [0005000010145C00] (Wii U Retail & Download)
  • /USA/Super NES/The Legend of Zelda™ A Link to the Past™ [0005000010109800] (Super NES) (FAKESIGNED)
  • /USA/DLC/Assassin's Creed III [0005000C10106B00] (Wii U Retail & Download) (DLC) (FAKESIGNED)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other suggestions:
  1. Be able to select the game with the installed .tik and have it display the title-key for copying.
  2. Expand your database to all known games instead of using "that website".
    • Parse the SAMURAI to get all of the known XMLs
    • Parse TAGAYA to get the most recent version lists for updates
  3. Implement [PRELOAD] option with your newfound database.
    • Display all titles, however make a > Preload category with grey'd out games for those without titlekeys/tiks
    • Be able to disable to grey'd out and enable downloading for preloading (for advanced users)
    • Notify the user that a game tik/key they have pre-loaded has become available from "that site"
      • You can even add an option here to auto download tik/key games as they become available
      • Of course in the options you can chose whether or not to only download "Legit" or (FAKESIGNED); mark as such.

A final feature request from me would be to add /ninja/ws/titles/id_pair support.
I need to be able to enter the ns_uid (content ID) and output with the title ID and vice versa.
This is useful for getting information from newer games on the NUS, but requires a ClCertA SSL tik for the ninja.
If you can add it natively, that would be fantastic, but I think copyright issues with that...
So if you can just place the required .pek/.cert files dumped from 3DS in a certain folder and have the app recognize it, yay!

If you want some help getting the database organized; I would gladly help do that while you overhaul the app.
Of course these are just massive suggestions and your app works just fine, but has outgrown my OCD needs, lol.
Thank you for providing so many updates for us!
:grog:

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way we could get a better naming/sorting schema?
It'd be best to use the tags from the official XMLs that Nintendo provides.
It would be awesome if your app utilized all of that info from the XMLs and you had a data overhaul from it.
I mean it provides if demos are available, the publisher, ratings, controls, release date; etc!
They also provide the formal game name/info which is way more correct than pulling names from "that site".

Aka go to: "https://ninja.ctr.shop.nintendo.net/ninja/ws/titles/id_pair?title_id[]=000500001012BD00" (with ClCertA SSL certs)
and get the Content ID to get the XML: https://samurai.ctr.shop.nintendo.net/samurai/ws/US/title/20010000001944

formal_name:
  • Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
  • Unepic
  • F1 RACE STARS™ POWERED UP EDITION
  • Donkey Kong Country™: Tropical Freeze
  • NBA® 2K13
  • BLOK DROP U
  • Mighty Bomb Jack™
  • Ninja Gaiden®
  • The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
  • Percy's Predicament
  • The LEGO® Movie Videogame
platform_name:
  • Game Boy Advance [x]-- Virtual Console.
  • NES [x]-- Virtual Console.
  • Nintendo 64 [x]-- Virtual Console.
  • Nintendo DS [x]-- Virtual Console.
  • Super NES [x]-- Virtual Console.
  • TurboGrafx16 [x]-- Virtual Console.
  • Wii Retail/Download [x]-- I've made mine (Wii Retail & Download) as "/" isn't allowed.
  • Wii U Download Only [x]-- aka eShop releases only. (I found two they marked as this, but are also retail.)
  • Wii U Retail Only [x]-- Only sold in stores.
  • Wii U Retail/Download [x]-- Available on the eShop and on disc.

Tag the updates as: (UPDATE v00)
Tag sigpatch'd tickets as: (FAKESIGNED)
Tag the sigpatch'd DLC as: (DLC) (FAKESIGNED)

Remove any accents or special characters as well to avoid WUPinstaller issues: ?®©"º™/ etc.
and properly sort them into the above noted folders for easy browsing including updates and dlc:
  • /USA/UPDATES/
  • /USA/NES/
  • /USA/DLC/
  • /USA/Wii U Download Only
Examples:
  • /USA/UPDATES/99Moves [0005000E10183900] (Wii U Download Only) (UPDATE v32)
  • /USA/UPDATES/Tetrobot & Co. [0005000E1018ED00] (Wii U Download Only) (UPDATE v16)
  • /USA/Wii U Retail & Download/Angry Birds™ Star Wars [0005000010145E00] (Wii U Retail & Download)
  • /USA/Wii U Retail & Download/Super Mario™ 3D World [0005000010145C00] (Wii U Retail & Download)
  • /USA/Super NES/The Legend of Zelda™ A Link to the Past™ [0005000010109800] (Super NES) (FAKESIGNED)
  • /USA/DLC/Assassin's Creed III [0005000C10106B00] (Wii U Retail & Download) (DLC) (FAKESIGNED)

Other suggestions:
  1. Be able to select the game with the installed .tik and have it display the title-key for copying.
  2. Expand your database to all known games instead of using "that website".
    • Parse the SAMURAI to get all of the known XMLs
    • Parse TAGAYA to get the most recent version lists for updates
  3. Implement [PRELOAD] option with your newfound database.
    • Display all titles, however make a > Preload category with grey'd out games for those without titlekeys/tiks
    • Be able to disable to grey'd out and enable downloading for preloading (for advanced users)
    • Notify the user that a game tik/key they have pre-loaded has become available from "that site"
      • You can even add an option here to auto download tik/key games as they become available
      • Of course in the options you can chose whether or not to only download "Legit" or (FAKESIGNED); mark as such.

A final feature request from me would be to add /ninja/ws/titles/id_pair support.
I need to be able to enter the ns_uid (content ID) and output with the title ID and vice versa.
This is useful for getting information from newer games on the NUS, but requires a ClCertA SSL tik for the ninja.
If you can add it natively, that would be fantastic, but I think copyright issues with that...
So if you can just place the required .pek/.cert files dumped from 3DS in a certain folder and have the app recognize it, yay!

If you want some help getting the database organized; I would gladly help do that while you overhaul the app.
Of course these are just massive suggestions and your app works just fine, but has outgrown my OCD needs, lol.
Thank you for providing so many updates for us!
:grog:
Amazing I love this idea ..... I hope could be true some day ....

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would be nice to download the videos too for each game , have a box to show the video too in wiiu helper

Metaright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another problem: After I install games to a USB HDD, I'm unable to delete the files from my SD card to free up space. I'm having to use a third-party deletion tool, which sometimes crashes (and it never crashes otherwise). I'd appreciate any advice for this!

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great program sir! I have a feature request though. Could you add an option to disable the "Verifying your Download" step when copying to the SD? It's probably because I have my Wii U games stored on a network drive but it takes a painfully long time to verify large files. I've never once had a problem with a corrupted download and even if I did a failed install only results in some junk data being left behind and it gets removed once the title is installed successfully. If there is a setting that could be changed in a config file that would work too. Thank you.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Another problem: After I install games to a USB HDD, I'm unable to delete the files from my SD card to free up space. I'm having to use a third-party deletion tool, which sometimes crashes (and it never crashes otherwise). I'd appreciate any advice for this!
That's weird since the application will use the same exact functions as windows explorer when copying. Could you tell me what kind of error you get when trying to delete with explorer?
Great program sir! I have a feature request though. Could you add an option to disable the "Verifying your Download" step when copying to the SD? It's probably because I have my Wii U games stored on a network drive but it takes a painfully long time to verify large files. I've never once had a problem with a corrupted download and even if I did a failed install only results in some junk data being left behind and it gets removed once the title is installed successfully. If there is a setting that could be changed in a config file that would work too. Thank you.
Gotcha :)

Last edited by Hikari06,

Metaright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird since the application will use the exact same functions as windows explorer when copying. Could you tell me what kind of error you get when trying to delete with explorer?

I don't get an error, actually. The folders just sit there, and looking inside reveals the files' names have all been scrambled into strange symbols.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I don't get an error, actually. The folders just sit there, and looking inside reveals the files' names have all been scrambled into strange symbols.
Oh, it looks like your sd card filesystem is corrupted. (Or the reader is defective)

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thank you for your swift response. If you are accepting donations I would like to donate to the cause of the good. Any luck with your brick?

You're very welcome !
Thank you very much, donations are always much appreciated :) There is a Paypal link on the first post.
Regarding my brick I am waiting for a new SD card reader to arrive so for now I didn't make any progress :(

Last edited by Hikari06,

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users