Not open for further replies.

Blyton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys... I hope you can help me :0
I made a terrible mistake I think, cuz i installed rxTools without Complete EmuNAND setup

I used the "easy complete comprehensive cfw guide" from here to homebrew my o3DS but missed the point 1.2.6 where i have to do the EmuNAND thing

So.. I went through the guide until 3.1.4. I have to install rxTools here which I did, but without the EmuNAND.. the rxtools's splash screen appears for a second and I get a black screen, which will then automatically reboot the system and then the lower screen flashes red and after that both turn black

So my question is.. How to uninstall rxTools to retry the whole thing :/ Or do i have to start from the beginning?

greetings

Daniele_997

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I reset the sysnand without the sd card, after the beginning setup the emunand doesn't work,even with the sD card insert!

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys... I hope you can help me :0
I made a terrible mistake I think, cuz i installed rxTools without Complete EmuNAND setup

I used the "easy complete comprehensive cfw guide" from here to homebrew my o3DS but missed the point 1.2.6 where i have to do the EmuNAND thing

So.. I went through the guide until 3.1.4. I have to install rxTools here which I did, but without the EmuNAND.. the rxtools's splash screen appears for a second and I get a black screen, which will then automatically reboot the system and then the lower screen flashes red and after that both turn black

So my question is.. How to uninstall rxTools to retry the whole thing :/ Or do i have to start from the beginning?

greetings

Remove rxtools folder inside your sd.
Enjoy ;)

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
did you have an emunand backup ?
if yes you can falsh it on your SD, using emunandtool on your PC or Emunand9 on your 3DS.

Blyton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Remove rxtools folder inside your sd.
Enjoy ;)

I did. And put a clean rxTools folder back onto my SD
But when i try to install it now it says "rxTools installation failed, press any key to contuine"

after pressing any key it says "failed to load NATIVE_FIRM: 4"
What does this mean?

Grim Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I did. And put a clean rxTools folder back onto my SD
But when i try to install it now it says "rxTools installation failed, press any key to contuine"

after pressing any key it says "failed to load NATIVE_FIRM: 4"
What does this mean?

Did you check if you have all the necessary files for rxtools?
By that i mean the firm folder with the 3 files that you download with the python script.

Blyton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you check if you have all the necessary files for rxtools?
By that i mean the firm folder with the 3 files that you download with the python script.

Sorry to say that, but i dont have a firm folder on my SD card

i just did all the steps from this guide -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-easy-complete-comprehensive-cfw-guide-for-everyone.408685/ and went all the way way back to 1.2.6 and did all steps again
so i never used a python script (and even dont know what it is tbh :/)

where should i find the firm folder and what are the 3 files?

Sorry for my dumb questions but never did a 3ds homebrew (only on wii..)

Kamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

i just did all the steps from this guide -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-easy-complete-comprehensive-cfw-guide-for-everyone.408685/ and went all the way way back to 1.2.6 and did all steps again

open "Tools" folder in your rxtools download pack, there should be two python scripts, one for o3ds and the other one for n3ds.. click one of them depends on your 3ds, it will download the firm files and created a firm folder inside that Tools folder. After it finished downloading it, copy the "firm" folder to "rxTools" folder. Then copy "rxTools" folder to your SD Card.

Grim Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

You need this program in order to run the script.
https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/

Also do what the previous member said.

That rxtools version seems to be old. :/

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France

There is a pdf file and a readme inside the rxtools pack, where you were able to find all the infos given to you. You're lucky that someone answer you.

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
Downloaded rxTools some time ago and now I wanted to try a new nightly. How do I update rxTools itself without messing up my emunand. I just tried replacing the rxtools sysfiles but now rxtools just freezes while trying to boot.

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Downloaded rxTools some time ago and now I wanted to try a new nightly. How do I update rxTools itself without messing up my emunand. I just tried replacing the rxtools sysfiles but now rxtools just freezes while trying to boot.

Read the pdf file and readme inside rxtools nightly pack. All you want is there.

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
Read the pdf file and readme inside rxtools nightly pack. All you want is there.

Followed these instructions from the Readme:

## Setting up rxTools
- If you have used a previous version, please delete SD:/rxTools, SD:/3ds/rxTools, and rxTools.dat, if present on your (m)SD card.
- Extract the rxTools folder from the release and place it into the root of your card.
- If you are using an Old 3DS or 2DS, ensure you have Python 2.7 installed on your PC and run /Tools/o3ds_cdn_firm.py. This should download 3 files into a folder named /firm. Copy this entire folder and place it into SD:/rxTools/

Still freezing on the Installation Data Suite. I have so much stuff saved on my old setup and I don't want to wipe the card and start from the beginning.

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So i assume O3DS.
Do you launch it through menuhax > Hbl or ctrbootmanager ?
if ctrboot do you launch the /rxtools/sys/code.bin ?

Did you try to delete data folder inside rxtools folder and relaunch rxtools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1