Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/rxTools/commits/master

If you guys want to test this new FBI injection code, then by all means go ahead. I'm getting some compilation errors in this PC unrelated to the payload, and quite frankly, I'm tired (it's almost 3 am here). I'll most likely test by myself when I wake up.

This should backup the NAND H&S files before replacing them. Also, you'll need to supply an additional file, fbi_injection.tmd, which is basically the original TMD with the SHA-256 hashes fixed to reflect the new FBI content file; @Riku 's NAND Inject Generator should take care of that.

The restore code hasn't been completely ported over to rxTools, so it didn't make it to my latest git push. Sorry about that.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
FYI, if you have any out of region titles that you installed before updating to the new version of rxTools that has region free and still don't see them show up, you can install something with DevMenu and it will refresh Home Menu (downloading something from eShop would probably work too). The out of region titles will pop up and allow you to unwrap them and launch them from Home Menu. ;)

mine just pop up in a gift box after the upgrade, from 4.4 to 9.8

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
you are obsessed with TWL :rofl: (no offense intended)
but bloody hell good work roxas, tempted to use this myself now because of the fact it allows gamecart reading under emuNAND unlike GW
Some people think a perm DS cfw is pretty cool. ;p

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Oh yeah that is pretty good, that would be great tbh, but is that the reason he wants TWL support so badly? :P
Probably. With TWL nand decryption you could install sudokuhax on 9.x over DS download play or DS wifi settings and launch it from sysnand with no exploits. You'll never be without a mset installer.

Reactions: Spzjulien

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably. With TWL nand decryption you could install sudokuhax on 9.x over DS download play or DS wifi settings and launch it from sysnand with no exploits. You'll never be without a mset loader.
Oh that would be an interesting development, wonder if that would be made any time soon :P

Reactions: zoogie

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It's not like i didn't have the possibility to do it, but actually no time to delete some crypto layers that do not make it work.
Too much things to do, and a lot was done in 2-3 days.

It wasn't the GW crypto layer. I only removed that since I was editing the same files anyway. If you are interested the actual fix is just a single offset, the FCRAM offset to 0x240000(3rd stage payload address).

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It wasn't the GW crypto layer. I only removed that since I was editing the same files anyway. If you are interested the actual fix is just a single offset, the FCRAM offset to 0x240000(3rd stage payload address).
In the first place, when i initially coded firmlaunchax for mset i found out that one of my crypto layer was interfering with 4.x+ support.
Yeah, i was aware that from 5.x the FCRAM offset changes, but thanks for the tip!

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I boot rxTools emuNAND, Donkey Kong Original Edition USA on my EUR emuNAND needs to be unwrapped every time. Is that a bug?
That's the only game I have out of region though. The game itself works.

gorly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
same...
FYI, if you have any out of region titles that you installed before updating to the new version of rxTools that has region free and still don't see them show up, you can install something with DevMenu and it will refresh Home Menu (downloading something from eShop would probably work too). The out of region titles will pop up and allow you to unwrap them and launch them from Home Menu. ;)
....same not not be showed
i try to format my sysnand and dump emunand by gateway
than install rxtools to access the emunand and inject FBI
FBI not showed

than i try to update to 9.8 it work and access eshop to download youtube but FBI still not showed :wacko:

how can it do?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I installed the downgraded MSET and the ROP.nds file but everytime I try to launch rxTools I get this message "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close."

Im on 8.1E with a O3DS. Any Ideas?

@Roxas75

EDIT: I downgraded to 4.x and everything works awesome now!

Last edited by guitarheroknight,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4eqTkD6JQw