XP
Country
United States
same...

....same not not be showed
i try to format my sysnand and dump emunand by gateway
than install rxtools to access the emunand and inject FBI
FBI not showed

than i try to update to 9.8 it work and access eshop to download youtube but FBI still not showed :wacko:

how can it do?

FBI not showing is a separate issue. Not related to region free stuff.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Every time I boot rxTools emuNAND, Donkey Kong Original Edition USA on my EUR emuNAND needs to be unwrapped every time. Is that a bug?
That's the only game I have out of region though. The game itself works.
Install it in emunand, itll throw you an error and the unwrapping bug will stop

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried to use a EUR retail cart on my USA Emunand 9.8 with RXtools 2.5.2 and i got an error when i try to boot the cartridge.
The banner actually shows, but i can't execute the game.

Any ideas?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tried to use a EUR retail cart on my USA Emunand 9.8 with RXtools 2.5.2 and i got an error when i try to boot the cartridge.
The banner actually shows, but i can't execute the game.

Any ideas?
pretty sure region free carts dont work yet, i guess he will have to disable/spoof the update partition as the homescreen also determines region based on what region system update is included on the cart

(although i guess launching the out of region cart via dev menu should work in the meantime)

Last edited by gamesquest1,

danzou22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I open a folder that contains Coin Setter, Dev Menu, SaveDataFiler and the app for old3ds where you can comunicate with the console by wifi LAN (like in the new 3DS) and exit the folder the 3DS XL become freeze and I have to turn it off pressing the power button like 20 seconds. The only app that shows its banner is the Coin Setter, none of the other show it. And any of those apps I open in the botton screen the 3ds show me a message of error.
Im in the last emunand available and 2.5.2 rxTools.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
When I open a folder that contains Coin Setter, Dev Menu, SaveDataFiler and the app for old3ds where you can comunicate with the console by wifi LAN (like in the new 3DS) and exit the folder the 3DS XL become freeze and I have to turn it off pressing the power button like 20 seconds. The only app that shows its banner is the Coin Setter, none of the other show it. And any of those apps I open in the botton screen the 3ds show me a message of error.
Im in the last emunand available and 2.5.2 rxTools.
if you mean the microSD management app you may have the old one that was built for gateway, they all received an update after pasta was released to make them compatible with pasta (which should also work on rxtools)

if you have the old build it will cause the 3DS to crash on anything other than GW mode

Reactions: danzou22

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question.
How do i modify the cdn_fimr.py script so that it downloads the 9.0 firmware.
I wanna use a cubic ninja CIA to use homebrew.

danzou22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you mean the microSD management app you may have the old one that was built for gateway, they all received an update after pasta was released to make them compatible with pasta (which should also work on rxtools)

if you have the old build it will cause the 3DS to crash on anything other than GW mode
OK, thanks you very much for the quick response. Yeah I have the first version of the app, I will update this and try open the folder again. But now browser sometimes freeze, and I cant do shuffleshop for example. I think im wait a lite more, and still in 2.4

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
When formatting emunand with gateway and then launching rxtools, thus being in emunand, can you not install devmenu through the internet like in palentine cfw? instead of using fbi injector thing ?

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if this considered a bug, but when you used the mset downgrader the ver number of the system settings app doesn't change even though it's already downgraded

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you saying that running a .3ds file from the SD card is currently possible using RXtools? I've been just skimming through all these threads for quite a while, and I don't recall ever coming across that info. I'll have to go back and read more carefully.
It has nothing to do with rxTool.
I just replied to someone asking "what would be great to add to rxTool", not that it's possible with RxTool.
Though, I still remember reading a post where someone said it would be trivial to do and mess with gateway plans, but nobody will because capable dev didn't want to enable piracy without flashcarts.
I don't know if it's really easy nor doable, just read it once. all I know, it could be wrong, hard or not possible.
I like flashcart method better than CFW/Cia (I'm an old one, used to flashcart's on gba/ds where you put the rom and play. no conversion or installation/ticket/nand were needed to mess with. copy and play is easier in my opinion)

AugustoKazt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
hi, what i have to do i want to have rxtools, i have a o3ds sysnand 4.2 with palantine
because before i screw another console, i dont want to update with the system configuration, is possible to update the emunand with sysupdater (i dont know where i can find, i just search but is impossible to find :/)
and another thing is dont wanna lost my games/saves i have with palantine cfw (and yes again indont know what i have to do for backup all the saves)
any help?, bassically i dont wanna screw the sysnand updating badly (because of that i want to use sysupdater for that and for the saves i want to use save data filer but i dont nnow how and i dont know where to download.

if anyone can help through mp or something, thanks.

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, what i have to do i want to have rxtools, i have a o3ds sysnand 4.2 with palantine
because before i screw another console, i dont want to update with the system configuration, is possible to update the emunand with sysupdater (i dont know where i can find, i just search but is impossible to find :/)
and another thing is dont wanna lost my games/saves i have with palantine cfw (and yes again indont know what i have to do for backup all the saves)
any help?, bassically i dont wanna screw the sysnand updating badly (because of that i want to use sysupdater for that and for the saves i want to use save data filer but i dont nnow how and i dont know where to download.

if anyone can help through mp or something, thanks.
OK first off NEVER try to update emunand using sysupdater !!!
sysupdater will always update only the sysnand.

unlink your emunand and sysnand if you have not done so by formatting your sysnand WITHOUT an SD card present

for backing up your save files of the installed CIA games, Download the CIA for an app called Save Data Filer. search for it on a certain iso site.

download the emunand tool: https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
using the emunand tool, extract the emunand from your SD
inject the emunand.bin file you obtained in the previous step back into the SD

delete all the palantine CFW files (arm9 , arm11 , boot and launcher)

download the latest build of rxTools found in the first post of this thread
using the tools present in the download, get the firmware.bin file using the cdn_firm.py script
make the slot0x25KeyX.bin file using a hex editor and the slot0x25KeyX which can be found by googling for it.
place the firmware.bin, slot0x25KeyX.bin and the rxTools.dat file in the root of the SD

go to http://launch.rxtools.com using the 3ds bowser.

you should now be in your emunand.
verify this by going to the system settings. you should see something like RX-E ######
now just do the normal system update from the settings.

THE END

Last edited by megazero1x1,

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
OK first off NEVER try to update emunand using sysupdater !!!
sysupdater will always update only the sysnand.

for backing up your save files of the installed CIA games, Download the CIA for an app called Save Data Filer. search for it on a certain iso site.

download the emunand tool: https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
using the emunand tool, extract the emunand from your SD
inject the emunand.bin file you obtained in the previous step back into the SD

delete all the palantine CFW files (arm9 , arm11 , boot and launcher)

download the latest build of rxTools found in the first post of this thread
using the tools present in the download, get the firmware.bin file using the cdn_firm.py script
make the slot0x25KeyX.bin file using a hex editor and the slot0x25KeyX which can be found by googling for it.
place the firmware.bin, slot0x25KeyX.bin and the rxTools.dat file in the root of the SD

go to http://launch.rxtools.com using the 3ds bowser.

you should now be in your emunand.
verify this by going to the system settings. you should see something like RX-E ######
now just do the normal system update from the settings.

THE END
No many users have reported that sysnand updates, even though they are on emunand! He should unlink sysnand and emunand, by making a sysnand format!

Reactions: megazero1x1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here