Not open for further replies.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can't you all stop saying what Roxas think without proof?
Don't say he left, or will come back, or is mad, nobody knows until HE says so.

Please keep this thread on topic, talk about rxTools features, issues if you have any and help other users until roxas comes back and officially says what he want to do.
I hope he will at least release a fixed version (to prevent bricking the emuNAND when injecting files)
Maybe add what I suggested (auto info.bin generation instead of using python)
But again, that's all his own decision.

don't continue offtopic and speculations, I'll close the topic if it's not used to talk about the homebrew anymore, and will reopen when/if he want it opened back.
so please, stop talking for someone else.
Thank you

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
My anti-virus (Avast) detects a Win32:Malware-gen in cdn_firm.exe. Was that always there?

Also, for some reason it delets it before i was able to click on it without scaning, no to metion that the file created more files with the same virus without me launching it after the whole event.
Roxas included the source code for cdn_firm.exe, and it's very obvious it's just downlading a file from Nintendo's servers. It's completely safe.
Avast is usually very good about its false positives, so if updated definitions still detect it as a virus, manually scan the file to add it to the safe file list, or add it to the exclusions.

Reactions: frenk99999

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK i got a question that is actually on topic:

whenever i try to generate xorpads for a .3ds file on rxtools, i keep getting an error saying it can't open (or can't find) SDinfo.bin
needless to say, the generation fails.

So how do i go about fixing this ?
Same. I need my exheader xorpad

Download this pack and launch HackingToolkit.bat, tape "sd" and follow the instructions.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
My anti-virus (Avast) detects a Win32:Malware-gen in cdn_firm.exe. Was that always there?

Also, for some reason it delets it before i was able to click on it without scaning, no to metion that the file created more files with the same virus without me launching it after the whole event.
Here's a python version of cdn_firm (python 2 and 3 included). Python is better for simple things like this. Safer too, and it's not likely to trigger malware detection.
Code:
#python2
import urllib2
response = urllib2.urlopen("http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000002/00000049")
html = response.read()

file=open("firmware.bin","wb")
file.write(html)
file.close()

'''python3
import urllib.request, urllib.error, urllib.parse
response = urllib.request.urlopen("http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000002/00000049")
html = response.read()

file.write(html)
file.close()
'''

Attachments

• cdn_firm.zip
    318 bytes · Views: 138

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same. I need my exheader xorpad
OK i got a question that is actually on topic:

whenever i try to generate xorpads for a .3ds file on rxtools, i keep getting an error saying it can't open (or can't find) SDinfo.bin
needless to say, the generation fails.

So how do i go about fixing this ?
You could start by using the correct function. If you were using the correct options, it wouldn't ask for an SDinfo.bin, it would ask for an NCCHinfo.bin. Aside from rxtools, Decrypt9 works pretty well, so you could try that.

Edit: There's a multidecryptor pack as well with the .py files that will generate your ncchinfo.bin for you.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You could start by using the correct function. If you were using the correct options, it wouldn't ask for an SDinfo.bin, it would ask for an NCCHinfo.bin. Aside from rxtools, Decrypt9 works pretty well, so you could try that.

Edit: There's a multidecryptor pack as well with the .py files that will generate your ncchinfo.bin for you.

Yes, you right :

NCCHinfo.bin -> .3ds
SDinfo.bin -> .cia

To generate NCCHinfo.bin grab and drop your .3ds rom onto the ncchinfo_gen.py in the rxTools package.

Last edited by pakrett,

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, you right :

NCCHinfo.bin -> .3ds
SDinfo.bin -> .cia

To generate NCCHinfo.bin grab and drop your .3ds rom onto the ncchinfo_gen.py in the rxTools package.

I know that, I did generate the ncchinfo.bin and placed it in the root of the SD, but in rxtools, it finds it then after generation of a few xorpads (I see the progress bar and everything) I get the message that could not open SDinfo.bin
When I check the SD card, even the xorpads for which I saw a 100% complete progress bar, are not present.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know that, I did generate the ncchinfo.bin and placed it in the root of the SD, but in rxtools, it finds it then after generation of a few xorpads (I see the progress bar and everything) I get the message that could not open SDinfo.bin
When I check the SD card, even the xorpads for which I saw a 100% complete progress bar, are not present.

I prefer Decrypt9 to get xorpads (use it with ninjhax).

Or if you don't have ninjhax try this launcher.dat and go to : http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/go

Attachments

• Decrypt9(ninjhax).zip
    152.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Launcher.dat(9.2).zip
    81 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: megazero1x1

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a python version of cdn_firm (python 2 and 3 included). Python is better for simple things like this. Safer too, and it's not likely to trigger malware detection.
Code:
#python2
import urllib2
response = urllib2.urlopen("http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000002/00000049")
html = response.read()

file.write(html)
file.close()

'''python3
import urllib.request, urllib.error, urllib.parse
response = urllib.request.urlopen("http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000002/00000049")
html = response.read()

file.write(html)
file.close()
'''

Not sure how you get safer and less likely to trip an antivirus - any reasonably good anti virus will look at a python script the same way as it does anything else, and if it sees potentially dangerous content (of course, as determined by them) it will be blocked. About your only real gain using a script, is a little more end user transparency/configurability which most users will never take advantage of anyways

datrico89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hello everyone, it´s there any way I can boot direct to RX-E.(emunand) without getting into the menu to hit the option and launch the CFW???

I mean like gateway emunand does, you have to press L button, if not its access the emunand directly.

thank you all

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can't you all stop saying what Roxas think without proof?
Don't say he left, or will come back, or is mad, nobody knows until HE says so.

Please keep this thread on topic, talk about rxTools features, issues if you have any and help other users until roxas comes back and officially says what he want to do.
I hope he will at least release a fixed version (to prevent bricking the emuNAND when injecting files)
Maybe add what I suggested (auto info.bin generation instead of using python)
But again, that's all his own decision.

don't continue offtopic and speculations, I'll close the topic if it's not used to talk about the homebrew anymore, and will reopen when/if he want it opened back.
so please, stop talking for someone else.
Thank you
Could you please do something regarding all the harmful posting on this thread.
I know I am nobody to ask, but I will do it anyway, if you find this post inappropriate also delete it.
All those idiot self entitled posts trying to discuss on fabricated moral grounds things they don't know about.
It hurts the community. I would ask, if possible and even if I am nobody to ask, to delete the harmful insulting posts.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I had my 4.2 3DS, formated emuNAND with Gateway's launcher.dat, launched rxTools and on my system settings displayed RX-E 4.2 I procceded to update and when the update was done I was on 9.8 SYSTEM NAND. WTH HAPPENED???

I don't want to try to update my other 4.2 3DS emunand, I feel if it's going to update my system nand rather than emunand too -__-

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi Tony_93

I feel sorry for you and hope you've got a nand backup, so you can restore it.

How did you update?
For me it seems, you watched into settings to be sure to be on emunand.
Then you exit settings ,what will through you back to sysnand, and updated via Shop.

The best thing to non update Sysnand (in my opinion) is.
- Unlink sys and emu nand,
- replace all network connnetions in sysnand (network1: ssid: Test0, network2: ssid Test1, network3: ssid Test2)
- put the right network setting into emu nand.

Now you sysnand will never be able to get updateinfos, because of missing right settings.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, I had my 4.2 3DS, formated emuNAND with Gateway's launcher.dat, launched rxTools and on my system settings displayed RX-E 4.2 I procceded to update and when the update was done I was on 9.8 SYSTEM NAND. WTH HAPPENED???

I don't want to try to update my other 4.2 3DS emunand, I feel if it's going to update my system nand rather than emunand too -__-

I feel sorry for you too but in my advice you do something wrong... Did you make a nand backup before ?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi Tony_93

I feel sorry for you and hope you've got a nand backup, so you can restore it.

How did you update?
For me it seems, you watched into settings to be sure to be on emunand.
Then you exit settings ,what will through you back to sysnand, and updated via Shop.

The best thing to non update Sysnand (in my opinion) is.
- Unlink sys and emu nand,
- replace all network connnetions in sysnand (network1: ssid: Test0, network2: ssid Test1, network3: ssid Test2)
- put the right network setting into emu nand.

Now you sysnand will never be able to get updateinfos, because of missing right settings.

I feel sorry for you too but in my advice you do something wrong... Did you make a nand backup before ?

Hi guys, thanks for the responses @sweatbox I already knew that exiting settings kicks you back into system nand so I made sure RX-E 4.2 was showing up and procceded to update from within system settings without exiting at any point...

@pakrett Yes, I did a NAND backup and I sent my 3ds to someome who can do the hardmod for me since I suck at manipulating hardware.

I can't think of what went wrong, I literally read it THREE TIMES to make sure I was on RX-E before doing the update because I heard that people usually mess up this way by going straight to the update without checking the letters...

I have another 3ds on 4.2 and did the set up the same way, but I can't afford to mess it up again.

Any thoughts? :/

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, thanks for the responses @sweatbox I already knew that exiting settings kicks you back into system nand so I made sure RX-E 4.2 was showing up and procceded to update from within system settings without exiting at any point...

@pakrett Yes, I did a NAND backup and I sent my 3ds to someome who can do the hardmod for me since I suck at manipulating hardware.

I can't think of what went wrong, I literally read it THREE TIMES to make sure I was on RX-E before doing the update because I heard that people usually mess up this way by going straight to the update without checking the letters...

I have another 3ds on 4.2 and did the set up the same way, but I can't afford to mess it up again.

@sweatbox may have a point, were your nands unlinked? Maybe there's a bug..?

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
There's been speculation before that having an update nag on sysnand prior to updating in RX-E would mess up and actually update the sysnand.. but it was supposed to be fixed already.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France

If you retry it to your other 3ds, unlink your nands and set up 3 fake wi-fi connection on sysnand normally it can't fail.

Edit: or you can update your emunand manualy with .cias by downloading the 9.8 update with 3dnus and install it with FBI.

There's been speculation before that having an update nag on sysnand prior to updating in RX-E would mess up and actually update the sysnand.. but it was supposed to be fixed already.

True, you can delete your update notification by enter into recovery/safe mode and try to update without any connection, it will fail and restart on sysnand and the update nag will disappear.

Last edited by pakrett,

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
True, you can delete your update notification by enter into recovery/safe mode and try to update without any connection, it will fail and restart on sysnand and the update nag will disappear.
You can just Cancel or tap Ok->I Decline to delete the notification and downloaded update data from System Updater/Recovery.

I had the nag on my sysNAND and I updated RX-E just fine. Swapped SD cards and tried it with the "other" rxTools, updated correctly.

Reactions: pakrett
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *hugs @SylverReZ* +1