Homebrew [RELEASE] Restored YouTube Support For Wii!

Taslimdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It no longer works on my Wii, When I first installed it and launched it from the Homebrew Channel it ran fine and I tried to play a DVD Movie on it but it got stuck saying Loading DVD for 3 or 4 minutes so I reset the Wii by holding down the Power Button until it powered off and now every time I TRy to run it it crashes with a Black Screen of Death. I tried deleting it and recopying the files but it still crashes.

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It no longer works on my Wii, When I first installed it and launched it from the Homebrew Channel it ran fine and I tried to play a DVD Movie on it but it got stuck saying Loading DVD for 3 or 4 minutes so I reset the Wii by holding down the Power Button until it powered off and now every time I TRy to run it it crashes with a Black Screen of Death. I tried deleting it and recopying the files but it still crashes.
You should ask here. In terms of functionality, this is practically the same as normal WiiMC.

Taslimdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never Mind I think I figured it out, I think a folder was missing called ccs that is empty. Now that I've fixed it how do I remove my original posting from this forum?

Taslimdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it ever support logging into a Youtube Account so you can watch all your subscribed channels and view your viewing history?

How do you know what type of DVDs it can play? I've had some of my DVDs lock it up and others play just fine, same with Video Files. What file formats does it support?

Sudrabins

Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
Hello everyone, Just registered.
bought a wii about a week ago and just got into the homebrew scene, my question is, is there any way to scroll through videos? as sometimes the video crashes and puts me back at the video list, the problem is, if i got to 8 minutes in a 10 minute video, theres no way to scrool back to where i was, i have to watch the video from begining, neither dpad scrooling or timeline scrubbing works.

And also, is there any way I could share some of my bandwidth, since i have Optical internet, I have enough bandwidth to share so that i could give something back.

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it ever support logging into a Youtube Account so you can watch all your subscribed channels and view your viewing history?

How do you know what type of DVDs it can play? I've had some of my DVDs lock it up and others play just fine, same with Video Files. What file formats does it support?
There may be a DVD compatibility list somewhere on the web, and subscribed channels is not a priority.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello everyone, Just registered.
bought a wii about a week ago and just got into the homebrew scene, my question is, is there any way to scroll through videos? as sometimes the video crashes and puts me back at the video list, the problem is, if i got to 8 minutes in a 10 minute video, theres no way to scrool back to where i was, i have to watch the video from begining, neither dpad scrooling or timeline scrubbing works.

And also, is there any way I could share some of my bandwidth, since i have Optical internet, I have enough bandwidth to share so that i could give something back.
We're working on the scrolling error. There is no way you can share your bandwidth, but if you want, you can switch your wii to only load video from your bandwith. I will link the tutorial below soon

Reactions: Sticksandstones

Taslimdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a compatibility problem with a 32GB Memory Card or any memory card larger then 2GB? When I installed WiiMC on a 32Gb Me memory Card it worked at first but now it keeps crashing. If I install and run it from the 2GB Memory Card I got when I purchased my Preowned Wii it runs just fine and never crashes except for a few times on certain video files and some DVDs but then when the Wii auto reboots and I run it again it works fine. I tried deleting the the files and reinstslling but it still crashes on my 32GB memory card that everything else runs file off of.

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a compatibility problem with a 32GB Memory Card or any memory card larger then 2GB? When I installed WiiMC on a 32Gb Me memory Card it worked at first but now it keeps crashing. If I install and run it from the 2GB Memory Card I got when I purchased my Preowned Wii it runs just fine and never crashes except for a few times on certain video files and some DVDs but then when the Wii auto reboots and I run it again it works fine. I tried deleting the the files and reinstslling but it still crashes on my 32GB memory card that everything else runs file off of.
There should be no compatibility issues, did you try formatting the SD card and trying again?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

eduall

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

HeavyMetalLoser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for videos to randomly close and send you back to search results? And twice I set a video to play, turned away for a minute, and when I looked back I was back on the Homebrew Channel. Any idea what is causing these quirks?

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for videos to randomly close and send you back to search results? And twice I set a video to play, turned away for a minute, and when I looked back I was back on the Homebrew Channel. Any idea what is causing these quirks?
That is not normal. Perhaps it's an issue with the server, or with WiiMC itself? I would ask the Wii noob paradise thread if I were you.

Timmerito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last edited by Timmerito,

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already installed the channel and changed the name to wiimc, but without the capital letters, maybe that's the problem.

Edit: Changed the name, but it still says that it can't find any file with whatever i try to search. And the radio stuff works fine.
That's odd. I'll look into it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sorry guys i had to go