Dragon Quest Battle Road Victory Translations Progress

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JUg, Jan 17, 2015.

1. JUg
    OP

JUg Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2015
    Canada
    Hi, first post here.

First, I'm a huge Dragon Quest fan and Ive began translating Dragon Quest Battle Road Victory for the Wii. Not sure if this is the place to post such a project here, but I have a few questions hackers might be able to anwser to help me progress.

First, the disc has files named like this :

awesomefile.arc.z

Some of them probably contain images I need to modify because a lot of the game's asset's text uses tpl files. Now I've already worked out all the monster names that were available in .tpl files and made images to each of them and replaced those Japanese .tpl files with the new ones, but apparently they still show up in japanese even though I modified them.

How do I access the example file above?

What type of de/compressor I need for those *.arc.z files?

2. JUg
    OP

JUg Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2015
    Canada
    So I didn't get an answer for my question, but found how to open them with Brawlbox. Yay!

Most of the games uses .tpl files for the text, especially anything menu and battle related. This is colossal work as I have to make images for each word, phrase and spell name used in combat and the info that the battles spit out too. H ere are a few screenshots :

SBAJGD-15.png SBAJGD-16.png SBAJGD-17.png SBAJGD-18.png SBAJGD-19.png

My problem now is getting access to the text for the RPG part of the game. I can't find a way to access the .BSMG files at all, even with BMG Editor and Brawlbox. I'm leaving a sample file, maybe someone here will be able to find a way and help me? Otherwise this translation project might just die off.

File types I can't open are in the attached RAR file.

Attached Files:

3. wyndcrosser

wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2009
    United States
    You might find luck at romhacking.net, they helped me.