OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
HD-Player_z8maGLygmH.png

Abstract
This thread presents a prototype translation for DQM2SP based on Ich_73 work for DQM2 3D.

Introduction
DQM2SP is a remake of DQM2 3DS released on August 2020 in Japan. They added 100 new monsters from DQ10, DQMJ3pro and DQ11. The remake shares a lot of contents with the original 3DS version. Such as the resources files used to deal with languages. One got the famous binJ and e formats but the trick is that the new file system is completely ciphered.

Translation Informations
This translation reused the DQM2 3DS translation for 80% of the total text lines. The other 20% are either new contents or modified lines contents which can not be used directly. To deal with them, automatic translation was used. The new monster name are based on the french version. (That was the only one I found)

Game Version
The translation uses the last version of the game : v1.0.5. To ensure game validity the obb files md5 checksum is:
ba5461eec671d432d951e362f72b1def

Installation
To install the translation, a patch system is used (no legal contents shared). It uses Xdelta 3.1 on the obb file which is accessible from any Android devices from : Android/obb/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.DQM2SPjp/

To apply the patch use the following command from any terminal, replace [obb file name] with main.100510.com.square_enix.android_googleplay.DQM2SPjp :
Bash:
xdelta3 -d -s [obb file name].obb [obb file name].patch [obb file name].obb
Once the patch is applied, replace the original obb with the patched one in the DQM2SP data path (Android/obb/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.DQM2SPjp/).

Patch Details
  • Patch Version: 1.0.0 (April 2024)
  • Release Date: On Going
  • File Size: 83MB

HD-Player_rY8YlNlxhz.png
HD-Player_2z2QeHEZDY.png
HD-Player_L6LWbKTqSp.png

PS: Square Enix teams have uncommon naming convention : "Abstention.png" is the name of the picture used to "give up".
Screenshot_2024-04-01-00-21-25-77_8421097944d7aad07e4265c0c5e53f60.jpg

Credits
- Ich_73 : thanks for the amazing translation (and tools) of the 3ds game.
- gerbtl : thanks for the help during livestream.
-Animefan8451 : thanks for the screenshots and alphatesting.
- AntinomySb : some scripts to decipher/recipher sp version files. Some automatic translation for the 20% new text. Some advanced GIMP for texture cleaning (mere placeholder).

Attachments

• HD-Player_z8maGLygmH.png
    HD-Player_z8maGLygmH.png
    950.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by AntinomySb,
Reactions: Dothackjhe

Animefan8451

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I helped playtest this for almost two months, at the time of this post. It mainly works, though there are issues getting online through with the patch on. However, a lot of the names of Monsters, skills, etc. all could use some finetuning. So those that can help out with that, and a workaround to getting online (with the patched obb file), would be appreciated.

Vuralexe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I helped playtest this for almost two months, at the time of this post. It mainly works, though there are issues getting online through with the patch on. However, a lot of the names of Monsters, skills, etc. all could use some finetuning. So those that can help out with that, and a workaround to getting online (with the patched obb file), would be appreciated.
There already is a workaround but it is a bit of a pain. You first need to go online and create your profile with the translation uninstalled first, then you can install the translation and use it online.

Reactions: AntinomySb

MagRex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, I had this issue with the J3P translation, how should the JESTER incarni be translated? It would be weird to keep the names as they were in Japanese as they wouldn't match the localized Wildcard incarni then

They are named after Arcana in Tarot cards

Windyo = Tiger = Emperor
Freisha = Owl = Empress
Ackle = Turtle = Chariot
Gaogaia = Bear = Justice

So I guess names that are combinations of their animal and tarot arcana would work? I can't think what to make them that rolls off the rongue

Reactions: AntinomySb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.